“Best meal in Hanoi”
Review of Pots 'n Pans

Pots 'n Pans
Ranked #77 of 2,239 Restaurants in Hanoi
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese, Contemporary, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Pots ‘n Pans is about innovation. Vietnamese cuisine infused with an international flair.Our food takes the best ideas from modern Vietnamese and puts a new spin on them. The flavours are familiar but done differently. We don’t want to detract from what we believe to be the core of Vietnamese cuisine which is a big emphasis on fresh and local ingredients. However, we believe that the produce found in Vietnam should lend itself to a wider range of cooking techniques and presentation.Pots ‘n Pans is a dynamic partnership between Know One Teach One (KOTO) and its training program graduates along with its international partner; Small Giants. KOTO is a not-for-profit organisation in Vietnam that is changing the lives of street and disadvantaged youth through vocational training. Small Giants is a boutique Australian impact investment company that is dedicated to businesses that are changing the world.
“Best meal in Hanoi”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Staffed mostly by graduates of the KOTO program and extending its mission to aid underprivileged youth this restaurant offers a sophisticated menu and interior design. Located in a renovated old house in the French Quarter it is not too far to walk from the Old Quarter. We ordered the businessman's lunch menu which was outstanding, not only in terms of food quality and presentation but also value. They have a good wine list. The service was impeccable, professional and attentive without being intrusive.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Debra D
Pots 'n Pans R, General Manager at Pots 'n Pans, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Dear Debra D,

I would like to thank you for sharing this wonderful review regarding your recent dining experience with us at Pots 'n Pans. Thank you for supporting our social mission. It is very important to us that we contribute positively to the society and ensure our impacts are beneficial to our community and our people.

Once again, thank you for your lovely words and review. We really look forward to welcoming you again at Pots 'n Pans.

Thao Nguyen & The Pots 'n Pans Team

• Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Groningen, The Netherlands
“Really good, pricy, are other options..”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

I had very high expectations for this place because of the price and reviews. Was it above good? Yes. Was it sublime? No. Had the most expensive dishes; the foie gras for starters (which was excellent), lobster for main (ok, nothing special) and something I can’t remember for desert. Staff very friendly, bill easily highest from my Vietnam trip. Yes good, but I rather go back to essence restaurant twice for the same price.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank David B
Dear David B,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent dining experience at Pots 'n Pans. Your post is very much appreciated. Our price, while in the higher bracket for Hanoi, is regarded as reasonable for the quality of experience. I'm pleased to learn that you enjoyed our food and friendly service.

Thank you and we hope to have a chance to welcome you back at Pots 'n Pans.

Thao Nguyen & The Pots 'n Pans Team
Munich
“One of the very best in Hanoi”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

We have been in Pots'n Pans many times, and never have been deceived.

The ingredients are always very fresh, and they are cooked in a real creative way. The restaurant's claim (to put a twist in the traditional Vietnamese cuisine) holds true.

As service in Hanoi is generally poor, it is refreshing to see that the restaurant succeeds to get professional staff (friendly, knowledgeable, good language skill) to serve you.

Add to this that the decoration is trendy without being showy, with soft colours,proper lightning (intimate) and enough room for privacy.

To sum it up, we definitively love this place and we will come again back to Pots'n Pan !

• Visited November 2013
I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share with us your lovely experience you had at our venue. I'm pleased that you enjoyed our food and thank you for your lovely words emphasizing on our excellent service and I'm glad that you like our minimalistic design. I will share your feedback with our team and I'm sure they will be very pleased as (again) they have done a great job.
We truly enjoyed having such great customers like you and we hope to have a pleasure of welcoming you back again with us at Pots 'n Pans.

Thao & The Pots 'n Pans Team
New York City, New York
“Come With A Very Empty Stomach”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Perfection from start to finish. One of the best meals I've ever had. If I was going to the chair tomorrow, this place would definitely be doing some of my last meal catering. By Vietnamese standards, it's expensive, it's a splurge meal. But, it is sooo worth it. I wish Vietnam wasn't so far from where I live, if I ever find myself in Hanoi again I will definitely return here.

• Visited January 2013
Dear PAF36,

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor sharing your recent dining experience at Pots 'n Pans. It is always encouraging for me and my team to learn that our customers are satisfied with our food and services as it is what we strive for everyday.

Once again thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back at our pace

Thao & The Pots 'n Pans Team
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“One of the best places to eat in Hanoi!”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Whether you are in town on business or enjoying your holiday, Pots and Pans offers great food (a mix of Western and Asian cuisine) that you should not miss out on. Coupled with the friendly service, cozy atmosphere and reasonable prices, it is definitely worth a visit. I've been dining here since it opened and have been impressed time upon time by the consistent quality. Highly recommended!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Yves9000
Pots 'n Pans R, Manager at Pots 'n Pans, responded to this review, December 25, 2013
Dear Yves9000,

We thank you for taking the time to post a great review about Pots 'n Pans in TA site and thanks for recommending us to other travelers and diners. We highly appreciate your great support and we are happy that you have been coming back from time to time and every time you enjoyed your dining experience with us.

Thank you once again and we look forward to seeing you at our venue in your next visit.

The Pots 'n Pans Team.