“Excellent new upmarket option”
Review of Pots 'n Pans

Pots 'n Pans
Ranked #113 of 2,393 Restaurants in Hanoi
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Pots ‘n Pans is about innovation. Vietnamese cuisine infused with an international flair.Our food takes the best ideas from modern Vietnamese and puts a new spin on them. The flavours are familiar but done differently. We don’t want to detract from what we believe to be the core of Vietnamese cuisine which is a big emphasis on fresh and local ingredients. However, we believe that the produce found in Vietnam should lend itself to a wider range of cooking techniques and presentation.Pots ‘n Pans is a dynamic partnership between Know One Teach One (KOTO) and its training program graduates along with its international partner; Small Giants. KOTO is a not-for-profit organisation in Vietnam that is changing the lives of street and disadvantaged youth through vocational training. Small Giants is a boutique Australian impact investment company that is dedicated to businesses that are changing the world.
Reviewed April 13, 2012

This is a great new restaurant in Hanoi not only is the food really good but this is also a private enterprise by graduates of Koto. The food was absolutely delicious and very well presented by extremely well trained and professional staff. The menu tries a little too hard and can be confusing to follow, but that is a very small point. This is a good place for a special meal.

3  Thank Jenny P
There are newer reviews for Pots 'n Pans

Reviewed April 9, 2012

Definitely more upmarket than I'd experienced so far in Hanoi, with every aspect surpassing my expectations, each and every member of the staff were helpful, friendly and made us feel most welcome. The decor has feeling behind its creation, each floor offered something slightly different and had a subtle taste running through it, I especially loved the clever use of space that created the vertical gardens at the back of each floor. Look and feel this restaurant would be absolutely at home in my home towns of either London or Brighton&Hove.
I enjoy my food, I like good quality and being quite handy in the kitchen myself insist on neither over or under done, just right is how it should be. I went into the open kitchen and met the chef, I could and did taste his enthusiasm. From the food to the service, decor to the ambience I rate this as 5 star. I could entertain friends, clients, or a special someone at 'Pots & Pans' with complete confidence of creating a fantastic impression and a lasting memory.

Please keep up the great work as I will be back:)

As if all of the above isn't enough, I had the absolute pleasure to meet the manager Ms Thao and hear her story of how 'Pots & Pans' came to be. A delightful lady who's passion runs through the whole restaurant.

5  Thank PaulLoftus
Reviewed April 7, 2012

It was a beautiful sunny Saturday, Stepped inside and was told the kitchen just closed (it was 2pm, my bad..) would I have a drink instead? The staff was very polite, so I thought I would check out the menu. The Pots & Pans Tasting Plate then, I called out, and I could hear them fire up the kitchen stove almost immediately.
The ambience at the first floor was cosy, well-appointed with all the little touches of familiarity. I sat near the window, looking out to the Summit Karaoke. The Tasting Plate came; it certainly was not a tasting portion, but a full set consisting of Chicken liver Pate, Pork Rillette with coriander and House cured duck prosciutto, all beautifully presented with a small basket of a variety of bread.
Totally satisfied with the recommendation, fair price, and wonderful service from the staff. Well Done, Ms. Thao, I shall return!

1  Thank Michael V
Reviewed April 2, 2012

We were tempted to visit due to the great reviews but found the experience disappointing. Service was good but the food lacked intensitity of flavour. Great concepts of flavour combinations but some how it just did not deliver. Compared to other places in Hanoi it is expensive and not in a very busy area. Loved the idea of the restaurant supporting streetkids etc but would not visit again. The decor was very contemporary and looked great- would be ideal if you are looking to impress your guests. Biggest disappointment was being given the bill and when going to pay being told the bill was higher- not managed well at all.

Reviewed April 1, 2012

The biggest problem with pots n pans is that the food just isn't particularly good. Really the chef needs to taste as he cooks as much of what we ate was under seasoned, and some of the ingredient combinations were ill conceived at best. The menu sounds absolutely mouth watering and reads like a Michelin restaurant, we had high hopes for this place but really didn't enjoy it at all. The concrete floor, bare walls, and high ceiling gave it a cold atmosphere, we wont return. The staff were fine, and its for a great cause so gets 2 stars from me instead of one. Really you can eat much much better food in Hanoi for a fraction of the price.

5  Thank Cozycozycozy