“Lovely Hotel in the Old Quarter of Hanoi”

Golden Silk Boutique Hotel
Ranked #97 of 586 Hotels in Hanoi
Storrington, United Kingdom
“Lovely Hotel in the Old Quarter of Hanoi”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

This was our first trip to Bangkok and we were slightly dubious about this hotel having been dropped outside to see the amount of noise and traffic in this rather narrow street. We were escorted across the road and told NOT to stop on any account for traffic! We soon got used to this and needn't have worried about this lovely hotel. The reception area was very plush, with wonderful chandeliers and polished marble floors. The room was very clean with excellent aircon, bathroom, fridge and a very comfortable enormous bed, it was also very quiet. We had an internal room with no window, but as we only slept in the room for a couple of nights we weren't too worried. The hotel is quite near the lake in Hanoi and we found some excellent restaurants in this area. The hotel breakfasts very good and the staff extremely helpful.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Emily C, General Manager at Golden Silk Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Dear Janesj07,

I would like to thank you for staying with us at Golden Silk Boutique Hotel and for sharing your experience about us on Trip Advisor.

You have covered all of our assets: Great central location and great service . Thank you so much for emphasizing on those points. I will pass your comment to the team & I am sure it will serve as an encouragement to all of us as we strive to continuously improve the quality of services.

Our team wish to welcome you back to Golden Silk Hotel on next trip.

Emily Chu

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Wimborne Minster, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

We loved this hotel, everything about it was great. The staff were extremely helpful and made our stay brilliant. We had a lovely room which was at the back of the building which made it really quiet. The bed was huge and comfy! The bathroom was also great, I see what people say about the water building up around the sides but this was no bother to us. Plenty of hot water and clean which is all we cared about :)

The breakfast was good, enough options for us and lovely little room for breakfast.

The hotel lobby is gorgeous! Staff we're always there to help and we felt very looked after.

Good location also so no complaints! We loved it here :)

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ArtGirlKim
Emily C, General Manager at Golden Silk Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear ArtgirlKim,

Warm greetings from the Golden Silk Boutique Hotel.

Thank you for your generous review subsequent to your recent staying with us.

It is our pleasure to note that you appear to have been satisfied with the service from our Team Members as well as enjoyed our rooms and location. I will be sure to share your comments with all that contributed to ensuring that your stay experience was a success.

ArtgirlKim, I do hope that we will have the honor of welcoming you "home".

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 21, 2014

We highly recommend the Golden Silk Hotel. Its location in the old town is ideal if you want to explore that area by foot, the restaurant is very good (particularly the lunch/dinner menu but also loved the buffet breakfast), the rooms are clean, quiet and comfortable and the service is excellent. Good value for the price.

If we return to Hanoi, we’ll go back to the Golden Silk.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

2 Thank Martin P
Dear Martin P,

Thank you for recently staying at the Golden Silk Boutique Hotel.

I was delighted to note that you enjoyed your overall stay experience while with us and that you would "highly recommend the Golden Silk Hotel". I will be sure to share your valuable comments to all our team members as feedback is the vital tool that enables us to consistently review the level of service and facilities we provide our guests so as to make continuous improvements.

Martin P, we do hope to welcome you back at the Golden Silk Hotel in the soonest.

Warm regards,
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I have been staying at Golden Silk Hotel on March 7-9 and I want to express my gratitude to the whole staff for the memorable experience they provided me with. The hotel looks very modern, tasteful decor, real Asian feel. Exceptional standards of service. Very clean & comfortable bed.

I will definitely highly recommend Golden Silk Hotel to my friends and acquaintances and I look forward to having the pleasure to stay at that hotel again when I have a chance.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank yame H
Emily C, General Manager at Golden Silk Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear Yame H,
Warmest greeting from Golden Silk Boutique hotel.
Many thanks for your 5* review. It is always pleasure to receive such a wonderful feedback. I will pass your comment to the team. I am sure it will serve as an encouragement to all of us as we strive to continuously improve the quality of services.

Yame H, We hope to welcome you back to the Golden Silk Boutique hotel in the near future.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 19, 2014

This hotel is amazing !!! It is so comfortable, the staff are the best, breakfast is first class.

The decor in the rooms , the lobby and restaurant is superb. Mr Nam welcomed us as old friends evertime we entered or left the hotel. I would come back to Ha Noi (Hanoi) just to stay here for a break. The hotel is bang in the middle of Silk Street, full of shops ,restaurants and its quite near the lake which is a nice place for a stroll in the evenings before dinner.

I would put this hotel in my top ten of favorite hotels in the far east and it is GREAT value for money.

Room Tip: Balcony rooms overlooking Silk Street have very good sound proofing and the balcony is a great place...

2 Thank mike m
Dear Mike m,
Thank you so much for your 5* review, it really made my day worthwhile. I was delighted to hear that you would put Golden Silk Hotel in your top ten of favorite hotels in the far east. I will make sure to pass your comment to the team who always strive to bring to the guests a memorable experience and an enjoyable break that they deserve.

We are looking forward to welcome you back "home" & please be rest assured that your next visit will be more pleasant than the the previous one.

Wollongong, Australia
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Good
- Decor was very nice. Looks very high end in the rooms
- Location is good, right in the shopping area and on the silk-road
- Nice bath tub
- The staff laid out rose petals for my honeymoon

Not So Good
- My suite did not have any sort of partition separating the toilet from the room. It was simply a glass panel, not even a proper door. I may have been with my wife, but I still would prefer to have 1 iota of privacy while I use the toilet! Absolute and total deal breaker for me and hence i would never stay here again.
- The rain shower would not work
- The shower itself is raised above the bathroom floor with a not-too-useful seal around it, so when you have a shower, the bathroom floor is like a river
- As a result, there was a LOT of mould in the corners of the bathroom and shower
- A bit more expensive than some of the other 4-star hotels in the area

Room Tip: Maybe other rooms have a toilet door?
2 Thank James K
Dear James K,
I thank you very much for your comments regarding to your recent stay at Golden Silk Hotel.
I am glad that you highlighted some good points such as the Hotel location, the room decor & service. But the bathroom without a door was not met your expectation which i really regret for that, please accept my apologies for the inconvenience you appear to have experienced.
The full details of your feedback was shared with our Executive Team and actions will be taken immediately.
Again, thank you very for your staying with us & if possible we may have another chance to wish you see the great changes on the perfection path.

I look forward to welcoming to Golden Silk Hotel in coming travel in Hanoi

Regards,
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 16, 2014

We were in Hanoi for 5 nights. All the staff on duty were very pleasant and helpful throughout our stay. Jenna who worked at the front desk was especially helpful in providing us directions to attractions and offering suggestions for dining out. The rooms were clean and well appointed.
The buffet breakfast which was included in the cost provided us a wide variety of choices.

3 Thank 12372014
Emily C, General Manager at Golden Silk Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear 12372014,

Thank you so much for your 5* review, it really made my day worthwhile. I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed the stay with us. I will make sure to pass your comment to the team, special to Jenna who always strive to bring to the guests a memorable experience and an enjoyable break that they deserve.

We look forward to welcome you again in the future and hopefully your next stay will be more pleasant than the the previous one.

With my best regards,