Golden Silk Boutique Hotel
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
  • Room Service
View Hotel
All reviewsgreat locationold quarterpiano barhang gai streetpresidential suitehalong bayluxury roombusy streetwithout windowsno windowother hotelshoan kiem lakecentral hanoilarge roomwater puppet theatrebuffet breakfastthe hotel is clean
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 2, 2013

This hotel is smack in the middle of everything it seems. It is walking distance to the must see water puppet show, Hoan Khiem Lake, shopping of all sorts and there are some great restaurants and bars close by.
It is an excellent hotel, very clean, quiet and comfortable decorated delightfully in a French Provincial style and the buffet breakfasts are fantastic. It's not a big hotel but itnisnfantastic!

Room Tip: A room at the back of the hotel is very quiet.
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We stayed at this hotel 3rd and 4th April in a Luxury Suite. When we queried why we were in a room without a balcony, I was told the sliding door that opened in place of a window was the balcony. This was confirmed by a call back after I stated I wanted to sit out on the balcony. Basically, you open a large sliding window and let the heat into you room negating the A/C. I do not thnk it was worth the extra $30 per night we paid so I urge caution selecting this room type.

That said, the staff were all very nice and the breakfast was very good. The room was clean and large (maybe because of the inside balcony). I am writing this review as I have recieved the request from the hotel through trip advisor, which I do use myself and should contribute.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We stayed here a total of 7 nights and really enjoyed the location of this hotel. It is a short walk of the Old quarter and has plenty going on around it. The hotel itself was good and loved the fact the mini bar was free!
We upgraded to a premium room on our second stint here and there wasn't a huge amount of difference from the standard. The staff were very friendly and helpful, they organised all our transfers etc...
The buffet breakfast was also a good standard and value for money overall was brilliant.

Room Tip: Higher floor is recommended so you don't get disturbed by the bar/breakfast on floor 2
1  Thank Bradnock86
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Great hotel in a great part of Hanoi. Hotel was clean and well run with with free wi fi in the rooms and lobby. Breakfast was of a good standard. Not sure about value as this was booked as part of our tour organised through Tours in Vietnam (Ms Kelly Bui - fantastic service). Would certainly recommend staying at the Golden Silk

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stayed at The Golden Silk Boutique on March 11 and 12th and then back again after Halong Bay on March 15 and 16. We had 2 different rooms for each stay but they were both great! We had fun with the staff. One of the doormen liked to rub his head on my husband's tummy (they called him Big Budha). I guess they thought it was lucky! It was really kind of funny and my husband didn't seem to mind. Anyone over 200 lbs must seem like a giant to the Vietnamese people as they are all so tiny.
The breakfast was great. We really enjoyed the banana crepes too! We were 2 couples in their 50's and the men loved seafood, the women no so much, so the breakfast was where we got most of our calories! Coffee is very stong all over Vietnam so if you're use to your Timmy's (Canada) you will want to order a Cafe O'Lait or something that has lots of milk or just order a large glass of hot water to dilute.
We even got invited to a wedding reception that was being held in the piano bar on our last night. We definitely weren't dressed for it but we did go in for a few minutes and had some great appies! This hotel is definitely worth the money. Shopping is right outside the door. You can also sit and watch the traffic for hours! Organized Chaos! It's like watching a dance!

Room Tip: Our rooms had windows and looked out the back. It was very quiet! I would not be able to sleep in room that didn't have windows!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends