Golden Silk Boutique Hotel
InterContinental
$35
$34
  • Breakfast included
Hanoi Graceful Hotel(Hanoi)(Great Value!)
$29
$27
  • Breakfast included
Essence Hanoi Hotel & Spa(Hanoi)
$79
$59
$65
$61
  • Breakfast included
Hanoi Rendezvous Hotel(Hanoi)(Great Value!)
$30
$24
  • Breakfast included
Golden Sun Palace Hotel(Hanoi)
$31
$24
$51
$47
All reviewsgreat locationold quarterpiano barhang gai streetpresidential suitehalong bayluxury roombusy streetwithout windowsno windowother hotelshoan kiem lakecentral hanoilarge roomwater puppet theatrebuffet breakfastthe hotel is clean
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We flew into Hanoi on January 2, 2013, and after a 40 minute or so cab ride, arrived at the Golden Silk Hotel [109-111 Hang Gai St., Hoan Kiem District]. This was the start of a 72-day vacation for us—what a phenomenal start ! Our traveling companions felt the same. The Golden Silk Boutique Hotel provided outstanding location, rooms, breakfast, and service.
The location is perfect because it is in the middle of the old city. Hang Gai St. and the streets surrounding the hotel for many blocks in each direction are the retail heartbeat of this city with shops, restaurants, bakeries, street vendors, cafes, and more. The room we had was terrific, with a magnificent bathroom. The buffet breakfast was laid out in a very handsome dining room, and the food was simply outstanding—with a noodle station, an egg station, fresh fruits, and dozens of other tasty breakfast items. The service provided was without question the best I have ever experienced in a hotel—from the doormen, the reception desk, the dining room staff, the laundry, and, most especially, the young woman on the concierge desk, Ly. She arranged restaurants, informed us about shopping, and arranged a day-long tour of the countryside.
My wife and I have stayed in hundreds of hotels, from cheap, roadside motels when we were younger to upscale, overpriced hotels in Napa Valley when celebrating an anniversary. We have stayed in hotels in the USA, South America, Europe, the British Isles, New Zealand, Australia, and Southeast Asia—but we have never stayed in a hotel that we found as nice, comfortable, or well located as the The Golden Silk Boutique Hotel. Let me drive this point home. We stayed at the Golden Silk five nights before we joined a tour of Hanoi, Siem Reap and Ho Chi Minh City [Saigon]. We joined this tour in Hanoi, and moved from the Golden Silk to the Sofitel Hanoi. To be sure, the Sofitel is an excellent hotel, but it is about a mile or so from the central city, is in a neighborhood that is, to be frank, boring, and it costs 4 or 5 times as much as the Golden Silk. Without denigrating the Sofitel, we thought our room at the Golden Silk was equivalent to the Sofitel, and the Golden Silk was better located and cost far less.
We loved our visit to Hanoi, and if we ever returned, we would definitely stay at the Golden Silk Boutique Hotel.

Room Tip: Our room was a Deluxe, and it was great; but next time, I would go up a notch or two just to have a larger room.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MichaelBuffalo
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Best location. Good service. Rooms are good if only you get one or are upgraded with balcony. Breakfast buffet is just reasonable. We stayed for 3 nights 1st week of March and enjoyed the stay there. Recommended.

Room Tip: Rooms with balcony are of better size and with fresh air.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Usman75
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights, and were given an upgrade on our last night on request. It's right in the middle of the city, with traffic bedlam going on outside, but it feels quite tranquil inside. Lovely smart bar and good restaurant for breakfast (eggs to order). Staff brilliant - we had a problem wih a taxi driver, who we though had overcharged us, and the reception staff sorted it out and we paid a normal rate. Recommended.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ScreenName55
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Spent a week here and was impressed by the quality of the rooms and of the service. I was upgraded and had a very large room on the 9th floor. Excellent view to the north. The location of the hotel is excellent if you're only in Hanoi for a short time; if you're going to be there longer it may pay to stay somewhere a little further out as even though I was up quite high there was still a fair bit of noise from the street. But this is what you get if you want to stay in central Hanoi! Breakfast was fine with a reasonable selection of eastern and western foods. I'd recommend this hotel to friends.

Room Tip: It looks like the rooms on the 7th floor have nice walk-out balconies, which would have been nice.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank paul4a
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I booked a "deluxe" room through Expedia. My room was small and had no windows. The air circulation was so bad that I felt like I was suffocating at times. There was a comment card filled by someone almost 6 months ago on the desk. Paper coasters were all wrinkled up at the edges.

When I booked my reservation, I was simply looking for a clean place to get a good night sleep. As such, my initial expectation was low. To my surprise, they failed to meet my expectation.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
HanhGS, Manager at Golden Silk Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us by booking through Expedia

For your kind information, only a few of our deluxe rooms has no (outside) windows as they open to the inside of the hotel and our staircase

Our air-conditioning system also has dual fresh air in/out system and there is continuous flow of fresh air throughout.

If you do happen to have another opportunity to visit Hanoi, we shall be happy to upgrade you to a room with large outside windows

Thank you for your kind understanding