“Welcome relief from the weather”

Golden Silk Boutique Hotel
Ranked #102 of 600 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in Early Jan unfortunately the Hanoi weather was not great but the hotel was a welcome relief. The room were well appointed with plenty of space. The Breakfast was well put together with a mix of western/Asian dishes. The staff were excellent and very helpful. The Piano Bar was a bonus on the nights we were there and the pianist was very good and really into the tunes he was playing.
I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Try the little restaurant on the opposite of the road nice little place with cheep beer and good foo...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 18, 2013

We stayed in the hotel for 4 nights. The cheapest rooms are very small and dominated by an extra large bed. There is not much storage for clothes so unpacking is difficult. The bathroom is separated from the rest by a glass screen a part of which is frosted. Privacy, if required, is achieved by lowering a blind which is annoying. The bath is set in a plinth with a shower over it. The water from the shower falls on the plinth and flows around the bath onto the floor. There is drain in the floor but neither the plinth nor the floor has been sloped so that the water flows to the drain. Thus we had a flood on the floor which remained wet throughout our stay. It was very irritating.
The breakfast is ok with less range than in larger hotels and the staff are somewhat vague about providing settings, coffee and tea.
We ate several times in the bar. The list of cocktails is extensive but many are not available as they did not have the ingredients; frustrating. The food is good and reasonably priced.
The reception staff are friendly and mostly helpful. On the day prior to our departure we asked reception to book a car to take us to the airport. 10 minutes before we were due to leave we found that the car had not been booked. Fortunately cars are readily available so we left about 15 minutes later than we had planned.
We would look elsewhere if we were to go to Hanoi again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 15, 2013

We are a family of four from Singapore and we were staying in Golden Silk Boutique Hotel for 5 nights in mid-December last year. The reception counter staff are very helpful and friendly, especially Miss Lee, a young and petite Vietnamese girl who speaks very fluent English. The hotel manager, Mr Victor Seow, who happens to be from Singapore also, is very accomodating and never failed to answer my sms requests before and during my trip in Vietnam. Miss Lee even helped me to buy the good quality local rice paper used for spring rolls on my last day in Hanoi. They also recommended a few good restaurants near to the hotel like The Little Hanoi Restaurant. The hotel also provides map of the old quarter and the reception counter staff are always there to help us locate the points of interest. I will definitely stay in this hotel again on my next trip to Hanoi. (Steven Lai)

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank SummerSamba
Reviewed January 11, 2013

We found Golden Silk by chance, me and my wife, after leaving an hotel with which we had been discontent (we were using Hanoi as a base for different excursions throughout the north of Vietnam). Golden Silk was absolutely the right place we were looking for: confortable, spacious (which is not common in Hanoi), good service and a reasonable breakfast (with variety and hot dishes). Prices are higher than other hotels, and much higher than hostels and guesthouses. The personnel was kind and very helpful. They kept our lugage safely each time we went to an excursion, and they kindly assisted us in everything we needed. I absolutely recommend it if you want comfort (considering vietnamese standards) and you are not looking for the cheapest accomodation in Hanoi.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lluis-Advisor
Reviewed January 7, 2013

My only complaint is that I didn't discover this hotel earlier in my stay! Stayed at the silk path hotel which was way more expensive and not as friendly or nice. Lovely boutique rooms, excellent breakfast included in the price and helpful friendly staff. Highly recommend thus hotel

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Judith_pb
Reviewed January 3, 2013

The hotel is S.T.U.N.N.I.N.G!

The reception hall design is wonderfully grand yet surprisingly cosy and intimate (trust me on this), with a lovely bar to sit in and grab a cappuccino before your trip into the heart of Hanoi.

I was so lucky to have been upgraded to the Presidential Suite which needless to say was the best hotel of my 2 month vacation across Asia (i was only here for one night). The staff were so kind and generous and catered to my every whim. I had the best nights sleep and a wonderful breakfast followed. The view was out of this world and you are situated right in the heart of Hanoi, 60 seconds walk from the lake and the pulse of the city.

I also stayed at the Sofitel Plaza for 3 nights (at 4 times the price), it didn't even come close to the grandeur, location and brilliance of this place.

I am a bit of a snob when it comes to travel. I like a good view, great design, a central location and i want a good price.. this is almost an impossibly utopia for a traveller like myself, but I found it here. Not only does the hotel embrace the city of Hanoi without being too westernised, it provides all the creature comforts from the western world, whilst embracing its eastern heritage.

STAY HERE, YOU WON'T REGRET IT!

Positives:
* Impeccable service
* Stunning decor
* Incredibly comfortable
* Excellent price

Negatives:
Having to check out and go to another hotel

Room Tip: A Cappuccino in the ground floor bar before you hit the streets is superb.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Nicky O
Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

Location can't be beat, staff is friendly and goes out of their way to help, comfy beds and linens, amazing breakfast, a couple free waters/sodas daily from the minibar - really, it would be hard to beat Golden Silk at this price. Stay here!

• Stayed: January 2013