“Relaxing and Friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hanoi Beauty and Spa - CLOSED

Hanoi Beauty and Spa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Dibi Milano Beauty Suite is an environment with staff of certified professionals in a relaxing and comfortable atmosphere. Come in and book your next appointment with us today
Blue Mountains National Park, Australia
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Relaxing and Friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

We had a great time at this spa and went back multiple times and tried a number of different treatments. The Foot Spa and Foot Treatments were great loved the coffee scrub for your feet and the paraffin treatment. The premises is lovely and clean. Their massages were also great. The staff were all very sweat and friendly and remembered us when they saw us walking past.

Visited December 2012

Leuven, Belgium
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“good massage but expensive and subpar service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

I really needed a good massage and well, I got a decent one but for Vietnam it was very expensive: did the steam bath + hot stones with oil; price 750.000VND ($37) so I expected a lot but got ok. These warm stones were very welcome in cold Hanoi but I think you can find similar for less money. They are professional though (lockers, clean and such) but no extra's (just one cup of tea and a cracker).... I asked if I could take a shower after the massage which was no problem at first but when the massage was over they were very quick to dump your clothes on the bed.. the quicker you left the better it seemed so not really worth it, especially not for these prices. Rating 2 because my muscles do not hurt anymore but that is it.

Visited January 2013
London, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“A little impersonal but overall good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

I was recommended this spa by my hotel and it was perfect fine for what I was looking for. I wanted a full body massage and had the Asian fusion massage which i really enjoyed and was the perfect way to end my first day in Hanoi after a long flight.
The biggest draw back with this spa are the staff as many don't really speak English and its hard to communicate to ask them to be more gentle as with many Asian massages its tended to be quite firm which isn't always to my taste.
I don't agree with many of the reviews which complain about the up-selling, honestly convert the money back to your own currency and get some perspective. The 75 min massage that I had was about 12 GBP and would have been at least 70 GBP at home. I also went back a second time for a pedicure which was great and lasted for 55 mins.
With a better understanding of the English language I think this would take away the communication issues that other reviewers complain about and give customers a better experience.

Visited November 2012
Sendai, Japan
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Good massages in clean, professional environment”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

After having a bad experience at a cheaper, random, hole-in-the-wall spa, my husband and I decided to have massages at Hanoi Beauty and Spa. As far as cost is concerned, it is "middle of the road" for Hanoi. Trust me -- it is worth it to spend a few extra dollars (literally) to ensure a pleasant experience.

The shop is located in the Old Quarter. When we first came in the shop, we were welcomed with tea. The waiting area was comfortable, clean, and air-conditioned. One of the workers asked us several times if we'd like additional services. Her English was a bit difficult to understand, so make sure you know what you are being asked before you just smile and nod politely. She also explained that the Swedish massage is a soft massage, the aromatherapy was a medium massage, and the Asian Blend and Thai style were harder massages.

My husband and I had 60 minute aromatherapy massages (which were 350,000vnd each). The room held about 6-8 beds that were separated by curtains (though no one else was there at the time we went, which was about 8:00pm).We were given a safe with a key to put our belongings in. There was air conditioning, so the room was a comfortable temperature. The masseurs were very good and adjusted their pressure when we asked them to. I think my husband would have liked a harder massage, but they said that to go harder, they would need to do an Asian blend massage. He doesn't like Thai massage techniques, so he just stuck with the aromatherapy massage.

The only thing I didn't like was that the headrest was a bit uncomfortable. If you experience this, asking for towels to put around it may help.

I wish we had gone to this spa earlier in our visit -- we would have gone back for sure!

Also, check with your hotel. Ours (Hanoi Moment) had a brochure and coupon for 15% off!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank lt1168
Melaka, Malaysia
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 94 helpful votes
“Totally impersonal!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

I was sitting at a conference in Hilton Opera, and as I was thinking on what to do for the afternoon, the idea of trying a massage in Hanoi came to my mind. I did what any other normal human being would do, (at least among those who peruse this fantastic website) - I looked at Tripadvisor!
Then, I saw this spa as being the top among all spas, and so, we called in and booked a reservation for the afternoon.
I totally dislike how impersonal this place is. Firstly, I hate having a body massage where others walk in and out. And this is exactly what happened!
The body massage room is a large room with parallel rows of massage couches, with curtain screens in between. So, half way down the massage, I could hear people walking in for a massage. The masseuse just conveniently draws the curtain and continues massaging.
Secondly, we also noticed the girls were not as pleasant as you would expect them to be. No smile. All in all, not a good experience.

Visited May 2012