“Great taste in decor”

Ranked #118 of 591 Hotels in Hanoi
Tokyo, Japan
“Great taste in decor”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

I must confess that staying in Rising Dragon Villa was the most wonderful experience I have had while staying in a Vietnamese hotel. The rooms were elegant, spacious and very comfortable. The rooms are also fitted with state of the art facilities. The staff were friendly, kind, generals and always willing to go an extra mile to make you comfortable. The meals are also great and especially the breakfast.

1 Thank CarrieTGoill

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Riga, Latvia
Reviewed December 24, 2013

This hotel is located near the Old Quarter, which is the heart of the tourist area. Friendly staff and good choice of items on breakfast menu. The rooms were well maintained and the staff never got tips from us and it was shocking for us. The bellboys were courteous and helped us to pack our luggage in the car. Therefore, we checked in and it truly met our expectations. A pleasant and good stay with my family and friends. I would definitely visit this hotel again when I land in Hanoi.

1 Thank Spencer2003
Kiev, Ukraine
Reviewed December 23, 2013

I stayed for three nights here and everything about the hotel was excellent. The room we got was spacious, well decorated especially the carefully thought out wood work and offered lots of luxurious comfort. The bathrooms are also awesome and a little terrific. The staffs are also excellent and always friendly and eager to please. My daughter loved the breath taking view of Old Quarter from the larger windows. It is also conveniently located close by to the main tourise district. I will recommend this hotel on any day.

Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed December 20, 2013

"This place makes me forget the luxuries I get at my home. The place is nice and tidy and the surroundings are also marvelous. Rooms are large and have capacity to put your luggage despite availability of extra space for that.
The management was very cooperative and I personally saw that they follow an approach of relationship management. They treat their customers very well and I must say that this fact is the number one which makes me stay there every time I visit Hanoi."

Kiev, Ukraine
Reviewed December 13, 2013

This is an excellent place to stay in a lovely Hanoi area. I was visiting for a week and picked this hotel. My room was clean and spacious and the bed was comfortable with clean fresh linins. All the necessities were provided in the room. The bathroom was clean and had good plumbing. The staff was pleasant and polite. Excellent place to relax after a long day out.

1 Thank LopezSha
Oviedo, Spain
Reviewed December 3, 2013

This is more than a place to stay, this is a place you can call home. I wasn’t expecting much from this but the staff made sure I change my mind. Right from the beginning we were greeted and we were immediately captivated by their hospitality and kindness. We arrived at the charming villa and we loved the place. A cozy, spacious and charming place, very well equippe. They provided us with tips on where to go and what to see and also with a delicious barbeque. Go ahead with your eyes closed, you will not regret it. This is a rare find! A big thank you!

1 Thank EdmundUFrenchTasic
Cartersville, Georgia
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Terrific stay in Hanoi...and very much a result of having stayed at the Rising Dragon Villa. When I arrived, the delightful receptionist spent 15-20 minutes with a map explaining to me all there was to do in Ha Noi, from restaurants, activities, sights, etc. I was blown away by the hospitality, and following her advice I had a near perfect visit to the Vietnamese capital.

Rooms were super clean and comfortable. Breakfast was excellent -- both buffet and ala carte options available. And the location was in walking distance to everything.

The hotel arranged day trips to Halong Bay and other spots, and even though I was leaving when I returned back from the hotel, they arranged a spot for me to take a shower before taking the overnight train to Hue -- which they also arranged, and sent someone from the hotel to ensure I got on the right train. (Not really necessary, but a nice gesture).

The only potential negative I could see anyone having is the noise in the old city due to motorbike traffic. But that would be a problem for anyone with sensitive ears. As a New Yorker, I was fine with it.

Last tip: if staying for more than one night, do upgrade to the city view rooms. the internal rooms are quite small and claustrophobic feeling.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo