“Ok for a nights stay/backpackers”

Rising Dragon Villa Hotel
Ranked #122 of 597 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Booked this hotel for a night as it had good reviews for its price. The welcome was friendly and the staff helpful. My room was really tiny (3/4 of it was the bed) and the window did not look outside so it was a little claustrophobic, thankfully the a/c worked well. Despite the size of the bathroom, the shower was fab. The free wifi was effective. Breakfast was not great.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank NateCambs

Reviewed August 9, 2013

This delightful villa is certainly amongst the best in Hanoi. The rooms are wonderfully clean and well maintained while also retaining this modern and cultural mix which is truly fascinating and I adore it. The staff are incredibly kind, they want to take care of everything for you and ensure that you have the best time possible. It’s all about satisfying the customer and satisfy the customer they did. The staff were friendly, they had free Wi-Fi so I could stay connected and the rooms were kept so clean I wouldn’t have been able to tell they had be used before.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Tyler S
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

Good spot close to everything.
Staff ate attentitive, proffessional and friendly.
Don't bother with the nearby markets unless your looking for 70s style clothing or material. Rooms are small but well kept and quiet enough.
Good air conditioning and over all excellent hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013
4  Thank Gastronachef
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We went on holidays for 3 weeks to various places in South East Asia and this was probably the best hotel we stayed at.
Perfectly located in the heart of Hanoi's old town, it has beautiful rooms, spacious and perfectly furnished, and buffet breakfast was excellent. The staff is amazing, they were absolutely helpful with everything we needed, and they even booked for us a Halong Bay tour and our trains to Sapa (by the way, a hotel employee went with us on the taxi to the train station and arranged everything until we were in our cabinet on the train... amazing!).
When we went to Halong Bay and Sapa they allowed us to leave our baggage there, and when we came back from Sapa, since it was too early to go to the airport, they lent us a room to rest and take a bath.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone who went to Hanoi, without any doubt

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Juan R
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Great hotel. We stayed as a family in two room next to each other. Our reservation was answered with very friendly and informative mails. The hotel operations manager Cathy was very helpful and knew in advance what we needed. Service beyond expectatIon. After our trip to Ha long bay arranged by Cathy, we could take a shower before taking the train at 23 h. Very considerate and helpful. Without a doubt a good choice.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Desiree K
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights,it was excellent,very clean quiet and the breakfast was delicious.The staff where very helpful,arranged a trip to Halon Bay,a must because it's beautiful,had overnight stay on a lovely boat.The people of Hanoi are delightful.Would highly recommend this hotel.I'm a very fussy person but this hotel gets 10-out of 10.A big thank you to the staff.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
9  Thank Julia F
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I traveled to Hanoi after a few days in HCM city, where I felt I needed to be constantly on guard against the various ways tourists can be taken advantage of, over charging for taxis, very aggressive vendors etc. but, after a few minutes at the Rising Dragon, I became embarrassed by my suspiciousness in the face of the genuinely honest, friendly and solitious staff, who went the extra mile helping me with all aspects of my visit. From booking a flight, to giving directions, calling taxis and providing information about tourist sites, the eagerness to help was refreshing and welcome especially in contrast to my experience in Saigon.
The hotel itself was very modern, and clean with spacious rooms and a comfortable bed.
The buffet breakfast was excellent, too.
I can't think of anything of which I could suggest improvement. I'm pretty well travelled and my stay at the rising dragon rivals the best hotel experience I've had anywhere. I give it the highest rating.

• Stayed: July 2013
9  Thank jmpnjaques
Travelers also viewed these Hanoi hotels
Dragon Pearl Hotel Hanoi
#90 of 597 in Hanoi
Hanoi Glance Hotel
Hanoi Glance Hotel
#63 of 597 in Hanoi

Been to Rising Dragon Villa Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Rising Dragon Villa Hotel

Address: 43A Bat Su Street | Old Quarter, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi 10000, Vietnam
Location: Vietnam > Hanoi
Bar / Lounge Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #122 of 597 Hotels in Hanoi
Price Range: $27 - $53 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Rising Dragon Villa Hotel 3*
Rising Dragon Villa Hotel is located at the top corner of the historic Old Quarter, just along the edge of the Citadel and alongside thriving outdoor market just steps from our front door. Along our street you can find a pharmacy, cafes, an award-winning spa, and various shops and stores carrying clothing, handicrafts, and other amazing finds! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Rising Dragon Villa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.