“Wonderful Hotel, Great Location”

Rising Dragon Villa Hotel
Ranked #123 of 607 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Rising Dragon Villa Hotel is a really good hotel. I'd give it a 4.5 if I could. The rooms were nice, breakfast was good, and the people were so friendly and welcoming!

Airport Pickup: (2 of 5)
Our driver picked us up in a small 4-seater and had a sign with our name. The driver was texting and talking the whole way there. But we made it.

Rooms: (4 of 5)
Our room was on the 9th floor (elevator goes to 8th and we walked up a flight of stairs). We had two rooms (one deluxe, one superior) which were connected by a short hall. We could close the door and make it a private suite. Our deluxe room was small, but cozy. The bathrooms in both rooms were tiny. Hot water and toiletries were in the room for us.

Breakfast: (5 of 5)
Fresh fruits, toast, juice, plus one dish of your choice from the menu. They had french toast, eggs, Pho (Vietnamese Noodle Soup) and some other choices. We loved breakfast!

Service: (5 of 5)
The staff were so welcoming. We got into Hanoi in the morning. They let us check in as soon as the room was ready, they offered us breakfast, and they recommended different places to visit in Hanoi. Most of them spoke good English.

2nd Stay:
We stayed a 2nd time (this time in the new wing) and were in two much larger rooms.

I would definitely stay here again and recommend this to friends and family. It is a great place with great people in a great city! Thanks for making us feel so welcomed!

Room Tip: Rooms in the newer wing are much larger and some have balconies. The ninth floor rooms had small win...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Carter R

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Of all the hotels, large and small that I have stayed in during my 25 or so trips to Vietnam over 10 years, this is definitely the one for me! I cannot praise the management and other staff enough for their attention, courtesy, kindliness and generosity of spirit. From the moment I entered the small but attractive new lobby I felt at home and I also felt that I was wanted! Reception staff are courteous, efficient and very polite and friendly. They offer much useful advice and the manageress, Shara, is a rare beacon of light arranging trips and outings and making local recommendations for sightseeing and eating - nothing is ever too much trouble! When I had a small problem with my safe, for example, it was dealt with in less than a minute.
The rooms are generous in size (at least the superior ones) and access by lifts or narrow stairs is simple and easy. Rooms are extremely well appointed with a sparkling cleanliness - tea and coffee making facilities, wide TV screen, access to the internet via installed computers in your room, good cupboard and storage space plus ironing board and iron - a veritable home from home!
The breakfast is very good with fresh fruit, a range of cooked western and Oriental food, plenty of tea and coffee and juice. In fact there is tea and coffee available all day in the lobby. am fll f raise for this delightful place and it could not be more convenient for exploring the old town - small restaurants abound in the neighbouring streets, all manner of shops with those specialising in tea and coffees very prominent - again the staff will offer advice and one of the bell boys actually walked us to a nearby restaurant tucked away in a side street. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to friends and it would always be my first priority stop on a visit to Ha Noi.

Room Tip: G f a s m - well worth the small difference in price.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jean-Pierre K
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We stayed here a total of nine days, around trips to Sapa and Halong Bay. The location was fine and the service was good. Breakfast was huge, all you could eat and then some. It was clean and the staff were lovely. I would have rated them higher had it not been for the bait and switch with our rooms. The first time we stayed they had upgraded us to a deluxe room...weren't we lucky! Then we came back and we got the same treatment...and told us how fortunate we were. But the third time, suddenly we were stuck in a dark small room at the back of the hotel with a tiny window and bathroom...I went down to the desk to complain and they tried to tell me we had booked a superior room and we had just been lucky the first two times that we got upgraded to deluxe. I told them no, I booked through my agent and she had booked a deluxe room. I got nothing but arguments and head shaking back at me. I stood my ground and told them that we would have to move elsewhere if they couldn't do better and suddenly there was a much better room available. I have heard of other people who had similar experiences where they returned to this hotel only to be downgraded or worse yet, moved to another lesser Rising Dragon hotel. If it weren't for this nonsense, I'd have rated them higher because the service and quality was very good.

Room Tip: Make sure you confirm in writing which room you are booking. Rooms at the front are nicer with big w...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Well located in the old quarter walking distance to everything in that area. Rooms was clean, bed was very comfortable with a nice little balcony ( no chairs). Staff were very friendly. Make your way to breakfast before 8am to access the buffet breakfast which is great. After that its sometimes empty but you can order from the menu.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 4, 2013

This was one of our favourite hotels when we were in Vietnam. The staff were brilliant and the rooms were really lovely. You're about 10 minutes walk from the centre of everything. When we arrived the staff brought us in for tea and explained where everything was in Hanoi, this was really handy for us. I would definately recommend this location for location, staff friendliness, lovely rooms and the added bonus of a delicious breakfast!!

Room Tip: I think this hotel has a sister hotel which Im sure is equally as good!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 20, 2013

what a gem this hotel is. the staff were polite, helpful and friendly. great location in Hanoi old town, the rooms were clean and comfortable. there is free tea and coffee all day, one day there was no milk, it was no problem for the staff to get some.
it really is value for money and would not hesitate to recommend this hotel

Room Tip: make sure you get a room with a window
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Very impressed by the personalized and sincere services! Even better than some of the 5 Star Hotels that I have stayed before. Indeed great value at this price.
The rooms are pretty new & very clean. It is conveniently located in the heart of Old Quarters, we were able to explore the nice rustic area over two days on foot.
The staff actually spoke very good english and took time to answer all our questions with patience.
They even took us personally to buy the traditional Vietnamese coffee when we couldn't find the store.

Please keep it up! Will definitely return to them if we ever visit Hanoi again!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple