“Little Corner Bar”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed January 21, 2014

This was one of our favorite experiences in Hanoi! We loved sitting in the little plastic chairs at Bia Hoi Ha Noi, just watching the people--from scootering motorists, to taxis, to women with carrying poles and conical hats, to...oh yeah, police raiding the area to get the little plastic chairs off the street and onto the sidewalk. It's quite the scene on that street corner, and we loved every minute of it!

1  Thank JSplain
There are newer reviews for Bia Hoi Ha Noi

Reviewed November 24, 2013

I felt that I had to have a drink here for a real Hanoi experience sitting on the tiny plastic stools on the corner of the crossroads as bikes whirred past within inches of me. I made the mistake of ordering bia hoi (I wanted to be totally local!) and it was undrinkable. Then I noticed that those around me were all drinking bottled beers. Be wise and do so too!

2  Thank 53rk
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Well as a backpacker I have used the lonely planet a lot but it has disappointed me yet again by recommending this place. Maybe the fact that it is in the guide is what made them take their prices up to double of everywhere else!
Well we found this place hoping to get a real local, authentic fresh beer experience. First, the beer cost 9000 dong, which is around 50cents, 40pence. So yes, to a foreigner, this might seem very cheap and not to complain about. So we ordered two. But we had just arrived from Hoi An, where the fresh beer cost 4000 dong (some places 3000 dong, or so we heard), and in our hostel in Hanoi the fresh beer was free between 5-7pm!! Also, we later found fresh beer in Hanoi old quarter for 5000dong, this is the normal price.
So.. we were hungry and looked in the menu for food. It was ridiculously overpriced! 250-350000 dong for everything! You can get a steak dinner for 70000 dong in Hanoi, so needless to say, we did not order any food. There were some shell-on peanuts on the table, so we nibbled some of these with our beer (only about 2-3) but they were soft, not roasted, so we did not really like them. When the bill arrived it was 28000 dong! They took 10000 dong for the 3 peanuts we ate!! I always hate places that charge for things you have not ordered, it is a total scam. Do NOT go here, they are clearly ripping tourists off. There are MANY other completely authentic places, NOT in the LP, that also have the tiny chairs and local drunk men that the other reviewers seem so fond of...

2  Thank Torunn B
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Great place for local flavor -- two locations diagonally across from each other on "Bia Hoi Corner" at the intersection of Ta Hien and Luong Ngoc Quyen in the Old Quarter. Beer siphoned from kegs steeped in ice, was said to have great ribs and it did. Lowic tables and chairs on the sidewalk. A must if you are in Ha Noi - lots of locals (who wanted to share their wooden pipe with us) and a few tourists. A real bargain!

Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

The fresh beer in Hanoi is a must, great flavor super cheap and great place to meet people, locals and other holiday makers.

Some people tried to put us off, saying we would get upset stomachs but this turned out to be unfounded.

Do it.