“Best Steakhouse Ever”

El Gaucho - Argentinian Steakhouse
Ranked #63 of 2,196 Restaurants in Hanoi
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Budapest, Hungary
“Best Steakhouse Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014

Perfect place to spend a night, staff very friendly, offering a delicious vodka caramel after the dinner. This place made me a steak addicted, even I didn't eat/like beef before :)
Wide selection of side dishes, wine and desserts too.
Would go back anytime!

• Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
“Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

I didn't have reservation, thus we need to wait while for the table. While waiting, the staff attended us and we did order few drinks and have a blast at the bar. Once the table ready, I order ribeye. I can say everything is in perfection. The meat, the sauce, the side dishes are all well prepared. The meat it self is so juicy and yes.. its melt in my mouth. Definitely will come again on next visit to HCMC.

Visited April 2014
Hanoi, Vietnam
“food pretty good, service not so much”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

I really enjoyed this place (Trang Tien location). Had some good friends with us. We sat upstairs on the outdoor balcony. I don't know too much about steak, but it was very delicious. A friend's steak had a lot of marbling, so he returned it and the manager accepted it.

The only thing I would say is that the foreign manager says hello and is kind only to foreigners. I usually don't notice such things, but unfortunately human nature works in that once you notice it for the first time, you keep noticing such things afterwards.

perhaps there's some reason behind this. locals don't order much or always complain about their food, etc. Still feels like a sting in the face though.

• Visited March 2014
Hanoi
“Meat Meat Meat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

A very modern restaurant, both service and food. Not sure if this is how they have the steaks in Argentina, but I don't really care. The texture of the meat is very impressive, well cooked and serve. The bread before the main course is amazing, however I've heard only Vietnam has this bread, apparently the restaurant originated in Thailand don't have the baking skills for it. The salsa and the garlic is good, but be careful not to eat too much before the steak comes as the size of the meat is not small. I've been there few times now and had never been disappointed. Also, the caramel vodka after the meal is also great, it takes away all the fatty feeling you have in your stomach! If you don't like steak, this is not a choice for you!

• Visited March 2014
Sydney, Australia
“Pretty Good Meat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014

Hard to fault really, attentive service, good food and decent prices. My family shared some beef skewers which were cooked to order and my son had the beef burger which he raved about (for an 11 year old he is tough!) . The chorizo starter was exquisite and the goats cheese toast was nicely done. The very kind and amusing front waiter from Slovakia also offered us some awesome shots on the house. We only have a few days left in Hanoi, but are seriously considering going there again.

• Visited April 2014