“ok Stanley what can I say?”

El Gaucho - Argentinian Steakhouse
Ranked #78 of 2,294 Restaurants in Hanoi
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
berlin
“ok Stanley what can I say?”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

This was our last dinner in Hanoi and what can I say......Stanley the maitre D' was outstanding, professional and funny without being intrusive. My husband had the steak tartar and asked if he could mix it himself with extra capers and anchovies. Nothing was too much trouble. I had the american prime rib eye with creamed spinach and the lightest tastiest, yummiest french fries ever. The meat was like cutting through velvet, light, moist, pink and perfect. The creamed spinach was beautiful and not over powered by spices like nutmeg. The glass of Malbec recommended by the oh, so skilful Stanley was well balanced and went well with the meat.
The atmosphere at the restaurant is lively and vibrant and the food quality at this establishment second to none. My favourite restaurant in London for meat is also an Argentinian restaurant but El Gaucho, Hanoi should consider opening in London as the meat was the tenderest, tastiest and lightest I have ever eaten. The chimichurri sauce was tangy and delicious and overall this was a fantastic way to say goodbye to a crazy city that we have enjoyed very very much. Price wise this restaurant is spot on as you are paying for quality of food and great service.
Do not miss going to this restaurant. It is OUTSTANDING - simply the best without being pretentious and the vanilla liqueur made in house and served at the end of the meal is so delicious that I am still trying to recapture the taste as I write this review.
DO NOT LEAVE HANOI WITHOUT EATING HERE AND DO NOT LEAVE HANOI WITHOUT EXPERIENCING A TRUE PROFESSIONAL IN THE GUISE OF THE BRILLIANT STANLEY.
Thankyou for making our last night so fabulous. Stanley you should be bottled and served with care!

1 Thank lisaberlin

• Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Magog, Canada
“One of the best steak ever!”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I've been there with friends after having read the review on Trip Advisor. We all enjoyed the food, service, the wine and dessert. The ribeye steak I've tried was one of the best steak I've ever experience in my life and for sure the best steak I had in Asia. It was perfectly cook, fresh and tender. The food quality worth the price. The service was excellent, waiter was sympathic and welcoming. If you feel for a good steak, it is the place to go in Hanoi!

1 Thank Jean S
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Superb dinner and ambiance”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Now you are talking. Great downstairs cocktail area for those who like a cigarette or cigar after dinner.We sat upstairs on the balcony because the restaurant was packed with customers and we like looking at the action in the street. I had black Angus ribeye,potato gratin an arugula salad and I couldn't fault it....heavenly.We were plied with caramel vodka shots after the meal but I wasn't complaining.Yes you need to bring your wallet but if I lived in Hanoi this would be my go to bar and restaurant.If you stay at the Intercon Westlake it's very close...I fact 5 mins if staying in old quarter it's probably 20 mins.

• Visited August 2013
“Exellent steak and sausage”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Tasty, fresh, good size steak, perfect cooked. Other things were good. The price was a little bit high but worthy. This restaurant in Ho chi minh city is good as well.

• Visited June 2013
Hanoi, Vietnam
“Excellent steak”
Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

I went here last month with a friend of mine and we can both eat a lot. Although the prices are high, the portions were a good size and we were full and content after finishing.

Having recently been backpacking, the price tag was a choker for me, but having said that the quality of the steaks were very good.

I had a 350g steak at 550,000, my friend had a sirloin at around 650,000, chips/mash and seasoned vegetables and a couple of small draught beers each came to an even 2 million...ouch...but very tasty all the same...once a year outing for me...but for visitors on less of a tight budget, will enjoy this place.

Visited July 2013