“Good atmosphere, excellent steak”

El Gaucho - Argentinian Steakhouse
Ranked #87 of 2,412 Restaurants in Hanoi
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 15, 2013

This is the place to go in Hanoi when you have reached your limit on Vietnamese food. With its ambience, its music, and best of all its food, it is a complete trip to Argentina. I had an excellent, probably Australian, sirloin steak and, surprisingly found a wonderful super-Tuscan red on the wine list. The steak was cooked just as I like it, and the vegetables were as good as you would find anywhere

1  Thank Wayster

Reviewed June 7, 2013

In my opinion the only place in Hanoi where I get the full package, great food, service, atmosphere and cocktails mixed to perfection. I am always hard pressed to find an alternative of where to go when going out in Hanoi. At El Gaucho's I know I will leave feeling satisfied on all levels which just does not seem to happen anywhere else.

1  Thank Sef24
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Amazing steaks, cooked to perfection. Service is fantastic, especially Stanley!!! Good choice of sides and sauces and very nice atmosphere and decor. This is the best restaurant in Hanoi in my opinion. Never tried other dishes on the menu, I simply can't look past the steaks (500g ones). It is expensive for Hanoi, but you get what you pay for, and honestly if it was cheaper I'd be much fatter as I'd be there every week!!!

Reviewed May 24, 2013

My wife and I had one of the best steaks ever, and we've eaten all over the world. The wine was truly amazing, and a very good price. We had two Aussie rib eyes 350g, 4 sides, one desert plus drinks and the total was 3,000,000 VND. Some people would find this expensive but it is well worth it.
Highly recommend to anyone wanting a bit of home coking, I.e no more noodles

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Really enjoyed dinner here at El Gaucho. They have a really good varied menu and the Argentinian steaks are just delicious and cooked really well, they also have a good selection of wine. A shame they didn't serve Vietnamese coffee though!