“Great food and service every time” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of El Gaucho - Argentinian Steakhouse

El Gaucho - Argentinian Steakhouse
Ranked #51 of 2,168 Restaurants in Hanoi
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Sydney, Australia
“Great food and service every time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

This is our 'local' restaurant and a favourite for an early Sunday night dinner with our 2 little boys. The staff are all very friendly, make sure the boys are served early so we all have a great night. The food is always just as we order and I have no problems with paying for great quality food when it comes with a good setting and fantastic service.

• Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Hanoi, Vietnam
“AMAZING Anniversary”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

Hello my fellow steak lovers!

I would like to take my time to tell you all about this extradinary place.

My girlfriend and I celebrated our anniversary here at this place.

Me myself is a meat lover. I have had a hard time to find a top quality restaurant to find a REAL steak.

My girlfriend, is more of the "chicken-salad" type.

NO matter what kind of person you are, this restaurant has the perfect dish for you.
When you get the menu, you not only can choose between a large amount of dishes, but also have an in-depth choice of your dish. Let me explain:

If you want a steak you can choose between 3 types of meat:

Standard American/Australian steak.
American/Australian + steak
and
American/Australian ++ steak.

Ofcourse the price increases if you choose a higher quality steak, but you certainly get what you pay for.

I ordered a 500g of steak filét, whily my girlfriend ordered the chicken.

I asked the waiter (Stanley, whos incredibly AWESOME and funny A+) what was the best choice between regular steak or rib eye. He told me he would recommend the regular steak. He even suggested a wine that would go perfectly with that choice.

As the evening progressed Stanley provided us with some shots that he told us was on the house (The liquor was vodka with caramel; homemade). This is top quality service as well.

The plates was hot when we got the dish, and the food in general was A++ material. (The pepper sauce was a little bit too hot for my cup of tea, but overall great taste)

I was in a state of trance, when I took the first bite of my steak (Regular steak eaters will know what I am talking about) . 100% medium cooked as I ordered, with crispy french fries.

For desert I had a cappuccino with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, and my girlfriend had two "regular" pieces of ice cream scoops. Why do I quotate "regular" you might ask. This is because it is not "regular" per say. This is also top quality ice cream on the side. Nothing like the ice cream I have tasted in Vietnam before. It is SO fresh and delicious, she even wanted more. (My love for steak, is the same love my girlfriend has for ice cream, and she approved bigtime.)

As we paid for the bill, we decided it was so comfortable at this place, that we wanted to stay for a drink as well. I ordered a Long island Ice tea, and my girlfriend ordered a Mojito. These were also recommended by Stanley as well (Perfect Choice).

The balance between the alcohol and the fresh ingredients was perfectly balanced, and it was a pleasure to drink it.

In general the staff was very service minded and smiled all the time. (Even if they passed by to get to another table) Always making sure that we were comfortable. Kept filling up our glasses with water, if it was close to beeing low)

The prices are a little bit expensive, but again; for the quality you get, I am more than happy to pay the amount we had to pay.

PLEASE.... All you meat-loving people out there, check this place out.. I can promise you, that you will not be dissapointed.

This is quite a big review I have written, but I just have such as need to explain to you guys how awesome this place is.

Thank you SO much El Gaucho for making our anniversary perfect! We will deffinately come back to you guys again.

Best regards.
Rikke & Martin (The Danish couple)

To rate this place, look as below for a 1-5 point scale (Choosen from a steak/meat lover and a chicken/salad lover - 1=POOR - 5=EXCELENT)

Food Quality: 5
Drink Quality: 5
Service: 5
Wait time for food: 5
Entertainment: 5
Decoration/Style: 5
Price: 4

TOTAL: 4.8/5
(+0.2 points for STANLY they awesome waiter)

FINAL TOTAL: 5/5.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Singapore, Singapore
“Fantastic Steak”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

I live next to this restaurant but had avoided it due to the feedback on cost. My wife and I went for her birthday and I must confess I expected to be irritated by the visit (not my wife). It started badly with my pet hate in any restaurant; exotic obscure (expensive) mineral water from a far flung part of the World. However just as I was getting into my irate friend of the planet rant I was diffused by the offer of local water! I was so taken aback I actually bought a bottle of South facing glacier water (or whatever they were selling) although it didn't change my mind on this. Things just got better and better after that. The steaks were amazing, the side dishes creative and the wine excellent and no more expensive than elsewhere in Hanoi. The staff are very professional and and probably make the evening. Not sure where the £3 - £17 above comes from, it is pricy but worth it for a good night out.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
“Everthing perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

I really love food and very impress of service. The restaurant very nice everthing perfect if you look the place for have good time good food good service in Hanoi... This plsce is answer!!

Dublin, Ireland
“Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

Alongside Jackson's this is one of two best steakhouses in Hanoi. Although it's a little farther away from where I live, it's worth the trip. Excellent service and fantastic food that include free caramel belvedere shots at the end of the meal, oh yea. Keep in mind it's a little more expensive being that it's a high end restaurant.

• Visited January 2013