Tripadvisor
Hanoi
Review Highlights
14 day Private Military, Cultural, Historical Tour

We were extremely happy with the tour from Exotic Voyages. Everything worked out perfectly. We had... read more

Reviewed today
southtwo1
Germantown, Wisconsin
via mobile
Seniors explore Southeast Asia!

Hands Around the World small group tours take seniors on exciting adventures. We used Exotic... read more

Reviewed today
Discover778008
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Hanoi
from $32.00
from $130.00
from $79.00
from $132.06
More Info
All reviews inle lake mai phuong siem reap elephant sanctuary amazing honeymoon travel agent silver smith special activities lantern festival se asia wonderful itinerary proposed itinerary custom trip trip planning the entire trip internal flights anthony bourdain
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is the second time I have used EV to plan a visit to Vietnam. As before, fantastic communication from start to finish.

Special mention to Hoa who managed to get a corrected visa approval letter at literally the last minute.

I'm thinking about traveling to Thailand next year. I will certainly use EV again.

Highly recommended if you are considering travel to Southeast Asia

Date of experience: January 2020
ExoticVoyages, Manager at Exotic Voyages, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Marshall,
Thank you for choosing us again for this trip to Vietnam. We're grateful for all your beautiful words. Speaking of your next plan to Thailand, we can't be more excited to hear about it and to help you take care of everything again. Till then, we wish you all the best!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

When I see all of these 5-star reviews for Exotic Voyages, I think “It can’t be true. How can anyone be so good?” But, having recently completed our second adventure with EV, all I can say is “Believe it!”

My wife and I have used them twice for travel to Asia.  In 2018, they arranged a private tour (me, my wife, a local guide, and driver) for 25 days in Vietnam (Hanoi, Sapa, Ha Long, Hue, Hoi An, HCMC, and Mekong Delta).  We were so pleased with the experience that we booked them this year (2019) for another private tour (~23 days).  This time for Siem Reap (Angkor Wat), Bangkok, Chiang Mai, and Hanoi (we love Hanoi).  We just returned from this trip and it was another outstanding experience.

Our travel designers Tran Thuy (aka Judy) and Thu Ha were outstanding. We listed the types of things we wanted to see/learn, activities we like, and our general fitness level. They responded with suggestions for each area and lodging options at low/mid/high price points. We chose mid. We were able to check each hotel before deciding at which property we'd like to stay. Planning with them was fun, easy, and, in our opinion, surprisingly affordable.

Some things that we really appreciated:
- Timely communication with EV. Communication before, and during, our travel was outstanding. Several times throughout our trip, EV checked-in with us to see how everything was going.
- Visa Service. We chose to have EV obtain necessary visas as we traveled. The process was seamless. Representatives met us at airports, obtained our documents, and whisked us past long lines.
- Private Tours. As we saw so many groups following tour guide with a flag, we really enjoyed walking side-by-side with our personal guide. All were knowledgeable of both local history and culture, personable, and had good language skills. My wife says that she’s been completely spoiled.
- Itineraries and events. Everything was truly customized to our request. During our planning process, we went through several versions before finalizing our plans. In several cities, we even had EV build-in a couple of days of free time for exploring on our own.
- EV travel designers and support. We’ve come to feel like we are working with close friends. They’ve taken time to understand what we like and don’t like and did a wonderful job of matching activities and accommodations to our approval. During our travel, everything flowed perfectly.

We couldn’t be more pleased with our experiences and are already thinking of our next trip.

Date of experience: November 2019

Dear Gail,
First of all, thank you so much for choosing us again as your service provider. Secondly, thank you for this detailed and thoughtful feedback. We still can't believe we're so lucky to have sweet clients like you and Todd. Your feedback will not only help us to have a good insight of our service from client's point of view and to improve our tours better, but also will be very helpful for other travelers who're considering traveling with EV. Just so you know, you two are also like good friends to us and we'll always be happy to accompany you on any trip to Southeast Asia. We really hope to see you again soon and wish you all the best!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

In 30+ years of travelling I have never written a review but I feel compelled to recognize the incredible service provided by Exotic Voyages . Every detail was perfect from the planning ,personalized recommendations and seamless schedule changes provided by our trip organizer Mai Phung. All the guides were quite knowledgeable and each one took the time to determine our personal interests and adapt the day’s activities accordingly. We travelled through Hanoi, Ha Long,Hoi An ,Ho Chi Minh City, Mekong Delta,Cu Chi, Siem Reap,Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Phuket and Singapore by plane ,boat and car without a single problem. That is quite an accomplishment and it illustrates the attention to detail that this company excels at. The absolute best travel experience I have had!

Date of experience: November 2019

Dear Paul,
We feel so blessed and grateful to be get your first review ever with all the nice words. Planning a long trip requires lots of hard work and we had to make sure everything goes together. Mai Phuong is one of our most experienced experts and we totally counted on her to make your trip come to life. We're glad that it all went smoothly and you didn't have any unexpected problem during travel. We really hope to travel with you again in your future trips to explore the rest of Southeast Asia. Wish you all the best!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I usually prefer to book my own travel, yet my cousin highly recommended I speak with Vy at Exotic Voyages to help plan our time inThailand. I am very glad I did!

Vy was able to put together a personalized experience that really fit the interests of myself, husband, along with two daughters in their 20s. We stayed at beautiful hotels, engaged in wonderful things each day. From a cooking class, to visits to elephants, to hiking in National Parks, it all occurred smoothly, making for a relaxed and very exciting experience overall. The most exceptional was that each of the tour guides were very professional, personable, and knowledgeable. It was a first time for most of my family to Asia - I am very glad I had the support of Exotic Voyages when planning our travel.

Date of experience: December 2019

Hi Melinda,
Thank you for taking your time to write us this feedback. We're very happy to hear that your family enjoyed your trip in Thailand and all the activities that came along. Vy and our team were glad to be a part of this wonderful experience and will be more than happy to welcome you back to Asia in the near future. We wish you and your family all the best and hope we will see you again soon!

Reviewed January 15, 2020 via mobile

Exotic Voyages is the best choice I’ve ever made. They planned the most amazing honeymoon from beginning to end. Every detail was accounted for. Best vacation ever!

Date of experience: January 2020
ExoticVoyages, Manager at Exotic Voyages, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2020

Hi Jennifer,
Thank you for your feedback. We're very happy to help organize your honeymoon and take care of you two! Your photos are just lovely. We wish you all the best and hope to see you soon again on your next adventure to Southeast Asia,