“Stay here!”

Golden Time Hostel
Ranked #32 of 367 Specialty Lodging in Hanoi
“Stay here!”
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

I booked this place based on reviews and was not disappointed. The staff are all so friendly and helpful and go out of their way to ensure you have a great experience of Hanoi. Alice, Tony and Michael are all very knowledgeable and always smiling. They arranged a trip to Ha Long Bay for me and out of the 20 or so people on the boat I paid the least! First time that's happened to me in Vietnam. I had to stay here for a long time while I waited for the the banks to open after new year and Alice made sure I was never bored. She took me to see all of the sights around Hanoi and even let me ride her bike which was the scariest thing in the world but a great experience nonetheless. The location was perfect as it's not too far from the old quarter and not too far from the french quarter and it's nice and quiet. The room I stayed in had a massive bed and cable TV (although some channels were dedgy). The shower was excellent and I was regularly topped up with tea or coffee. Alice makes a mean brown coffee.
Overall my experience was great! Room was perfect with great wifi. Location perfect for a lone traveller or couple, maybe out of the way for party animals. Staff made this place for me. Loved them all.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Mikokakola1988

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed January 21, 2013

A short walk from all the action of old town, this is a lovely home away from home.

The staff treat you like family guest. They call you by name, serve eggs for breakfast in your room, offer you tea all the time etc. Basically, you will love it here.

The rooms are small and basic an the lobby is very small too. Difficult to meet other travellers but still a great place and deserves 5 stars. I would give 6 stars just for the staff if i could.

Only downside for me was the Ha Long cruise they booked for me, did not deliver upto the set expectations. Though this is not the hostels fault, they were extremely apologetic.
They provided me a free airport drop to makeup for the same.
Never seen this kind of service in a hostel kind of a place.

I am longing to go back to Hanoi. :)

Room Tip: Avoid the street facing rooms. Gets Noise from the traffic.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank sohil g
Hanoi, Vietnam
Reviewed January 15, 2013

We stay at Golden Time Hotel two times and it was a great experience! We love the staff, so helpfull, friendly and lovely. Tony and Alice were really nice and take care of all our needs. They booked our train and bus ticket, and also arrange the tour to Halong Bay for us... and everything was perfect!

We recomend this place for everybody who wants to stay in Hanoi. Also, the make the best coffe in Vietnam! The rooms were clean and big, and the hotel is realy close to everything but quiet at night!

Just stay here!

Room Tip: any room is ok!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Daniela D
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed January 12, 2013

The hostel is perfectly located in town center. I've got an upgrade from a single to a double room. The rooms are clean an well equiped (TV, heater, very smal but own bathroom).

The staff (Alice and their colleagues) is extremly friendly and helpful.

Great stay.

David (Germany)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank David_1982_Germany
Reviewed January 11, 2013

We stayed at the Golden Time Hostel for 5 nights in total - we came back for 2 nights after our Halong Bay trip because we loved it so much. The hostel is small (6 rooms) and clean and only 5 minutes walk from town.

The staff are wonderful and really make you feel at home - they even remember your name. They go out of their way to help you. We arrived in Hanoi to winter (after spending 2 months in summer climates) and the lovely receptionist helped us find warm clothes and even bargained with the salesperson to get us a good deal. We'd come off a sleeper train and she made us breakfast and endless cups of coffee, chatting to us whilst our room was being prepared.

We tasted all the local delicacies thanks to fantastic (and cheap) restaurant recommendations and snacks sampled from passing street vendors.

The rooms are spacious, clean, warm (heat and aircon) and have new flat screen tv's. The bathrooms are small but served their purpose and the showers had great water pressure.

Breakfast is simple but delicious and available at any time of the day (for early starts and sleep-ins). On the morning we had an early pick up, the night manager delivered our breakfast to our room to eat whilst we were getting ready.

We've been travelling for 2 months and this is the most welcoming guesthouse we've stayed in. We'll definitely be back!

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Donnal P
Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

I was surprised by the staff at Golden time hostel, they couldn't help more than they did and it was much more than what i expected.
I had trouble with one hostel that try to rip me off and Tony the manager of the golden time hostel came with me to the police station and with his help i could get back my money and start to enjoy my holidays, he helps us to book tours and flight around vietnam for low price!
Really happy about the room as well, clean and with all people need when they travel.
If you want to stop in Hanoi, the golden time hostel is the name that you need
Flo

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Florian K
Jalandhar, India
Reviewed January 6, 2013

oh its great place to stay and staff very friendly.neet and clean and best thing its all in resonable price satuated in city center near hoan keim lake only 2min walk from hotel i stayed this place for 5days and its make my trip great staff is very friendly and helpfull.wellcome tea and fruits also great .

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business