“It's the icing on the cake” 5 of 5 bubbles

Chula fashion showroom
Ranked #10 of 200 Shopping in Hanoi
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: In 2004, Laura Fontan and Diego Cortizas arrived in Hanoi Vietnam. The journey for this Spanish couple began soon after they fell in love with the country. They were inspired by “the people, the food, and the colors” and most of all, they were inspired by “all the amazing fabrics and crafts” that surrounded them in their new lives. It was then that they decided to start Chula, a company which has now grown to have a very unique and recognizable image all over Vietnam. The combination of simplicity in shape with their fresh and radical designs served as a starting point and Chula is now a thriving creative company which hopes to continue expanding in the future. We have been steadily growing over the past 12 years and we have become a popular reference in the Vietnamese fashion and art industry. As an expanding company, we have also taken part in many international fashion shows in the United States, Europe, and Asia. As of 2016, there are 5 Chula stores situated around Vietnam, and, with our new and developing systems of websites, we plan to sell to multiple other countries around the world. Chula is also a social company and works with many small local communities in the north of Vietnam. At the moment, it is made up of a skilled community of 60 people, 75% of whom have a physical disability. All our items are made with special care so as to satisfy all customers. We hope you enjoy your Chula experience!
Hong Kong, China
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“It's the icing on the cake”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

My husband found this shop on trip advisor and told me about it. I didnt know what to expect but seeing as I hadn't found anything I liked in the touristy areas, I thought there was nothing to lose. We started to walk there from Hoan Kiem Lake but after over an hour in the heat we jumped in a taxi and thank goodness we did as it was a long way, at least by foot. Well, let me tell you, these dresses are not for the faint hearted, the colours are bold and very striking, you need to be confident because these dresses are going to get you noticed! I bought two styles, one was green with big toucans designed on it, yep toucans! Huge and beautiful. The other dress is one of the best sellers, the black dress with lots of colourful squares. I would have bought the 'duck' dress but they didn't have it in my size. When I got back to my hotel I looked at the website and saw some other amazing dress which were not in the shop, if you get the chance to check out the website, look at 'open designs' and my absolute favourite is the 'shy ostrich' which I hope I can order on line. I really can't recommend this shop enough IF you like eclectic, quirky, fun and fabuously well designed and made dresses, they are so unusual, your dress will be a talking point. What a great team the owners make and I wish them much continued success. I love their dresses very much and will definitely be buying more.

Visited November 2013
4 Thank Teresa L

• Vietnamese first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“beautiful unique clothing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

after reading the reviews on tripadvisor I decided to drop in just before I was due to fly home. This was a wonderful clothing store for woman. The clothes were beautiful , unique and exceptionally well made. The staff were attentive and helpful and at no time did I feel pressured to buy anything. I ended up buying a few dresses , when I really had no intention of buying anything. I was just impressed with how unique yet still timeless these dresses/skirts were. I would highly recommend this to all woman of all ages ...the clothes are not just for the young, skinny and beautiful... they woud suit woman of all ages and shapes. When in Hanoi do not miss this shop , not only for the clothing but also for the lovely staff. The owner - Laura also took the time to talk to me and she was an absolute delight, a warm friendly woman who is clearly passionate about what she does.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Deb3wine
Leon, Mexico
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Great fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

Laura and her charming assistants were wonderful in helping my sister select four of their beautiful designs--including one stunner for my nephew's forthcoming wedding! Chula's has many gorgeous colors in silk and will adapt their designs to fit the customers' tastes and preferences.

This was also great fun for me to watch their professionalism and talents in action! In 8 days, they will travel to the US for their debut at the Grand Canyon and then at a show in San Francisco. Some of their designs are on display at the gift shop at La Residence in Hue where we are currently staying.

Only problem: no men's clothes yet! I would love to have a special shirt or two!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank CharlieY
Rome, Italy
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Chula, incredible dresses!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Hi! I visited the showroom a while ago, and I have to say that is stunning! not only the pagoda in which they have the showroom, and Laura and Diego that are the best hosts ever, but the dresses and the collections are more than UNIQUE! definitely a must see!
Good quality silk, incredible designs and good price for quality!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Astridbcn
San Francisco, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Unique, gorgeous clothes!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

I was traveling in Vietnam and wanted to bring home a special dress. I went online and found chula. It took me over 30 minutes by cab to get there and I was hoping it would be "worth it". Well, it was that and more! Laura, the owner is gracious, fun and helpful. She spent two hours helping me pick what looked great. I had such a ball trying on all the gorgeous dresses and jackets and felt no pressure whatsoever to purchase anything. Of course, with such gorgeous clothing, I couldn't help to purchase several things and not only do I get co,pimentos every time I wear chula clothes, but the prices were a fraction of what I I would have paid in the United States for that level of design, artistry, and quality. I highly recommend you put this on your list of places to go!

Visited July 2013