“Gorgeous, unique designs”

Chula fashion showroom
Ranked #14 of 214 Shopping in Hanoi
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: In 2004, Laura Fontan and Diego Cortizas arrived in Hanoi Vietnam. The journey for this Spanish couple began soon after they fell in love with the country. They were inspired by “the people, the food, and the colors” and most of all, they were inspired by “all the amazing fabrics and crafts” that surrounded them in their new lives. It was then that they decided to start Chula, a company which has now grown to have a very unique and recognizable image all over Vietnam. The combination of simplicity in shape with their fresh and radical designs served as a starting point and Chula is now a thriving creative company which hopes to continue expanding in the future. We have been steadily growing over the past 12 years and we have become a popular reference in the Vietnamese fashion and art industry. As an expanding company, we have also taken part in many international fashion shows in the United States, Europe, and Asia. As of 2016, there are 5 Chula stores situated around Vietnam, and, with our new and developing systems of websites, we plan to sell to multiple other countries around the world. Chula is also a social company and works with many small local communities in the north of Vietnam. At the moment, it is made up of a skilled community of 60 people, 75% of whom have a physical disability. All our items are made with special care so as to satisfy all customers. We hope you enjoy your Chula experience!
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Gorgeous, unique designs”
Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

The shop itself is beautiful and located on the lake so it's worth the trip for visitors from downtown. But the clothes are so colorful and gorgeous. And the owners Laura and Diego are such lovely people. If you have a chance to meet them they will welcome you so very warmly. I had several things made to order and bought several things off to rack and fixed. All very satisfied. Will treasure them for a lifetime. Chula is up and coming so now is the time to get thieir clothes before everybody has them and their prices rise. For clothes like this back in Europe or Norh America, prices will be double or triple.

Tips:
Don't be shy about asking to see their design catalogs. Their showroom doesn't showcase everything.
When getting tailored items, do insist on several fittings until you are happy. For that, it does take about a week so plan accordingly. You may be able to expedite but it's better to take the time.

4 Thank Epikorean

• Vietnamese first
Hanoi, Vietnam
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“YES! It fits perfect!”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

The design is unique! Diego and Laura really care about that the clothes are fitting well. The tailor are fantastic. I love the the clothes and the atmosphere. They are not satisfied untill it fits perfectly. I always bring our visitors there. And I been buying a lot of clothes just to bring back for cold sweden. There are a lot in demin and wool as well. Not just silk!

Visited June 2012
3 Thank Stralarna
Saumur, France
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“I love their clothes!”
Reviewed January 16, 2012

I have had three skirts and pne dress made here, I am totally under the charm of this tailor! It's great and very reasonable compared to european prices.

6 Thank Emma R
Hanoi
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Exquisite, Original, Beautifully-made, Glamorous Dresses”
Reviewed October 22, 2011

I have bought many coats, silk dresses, trench, skirts and evening gowns at this fabulous bourtique since I arrived in Hanoi 12 months ago. The problem is I just can't get enough of Laura and Diego's exquisite creations. Every time I visit, I see something else I MUST have. Fortunately, the prices are very reasonable so women with an eye for beautiful, well-tailored, interesting designs can just indulge guilt-free.
Sizing is not a problem. Whenever I find something that doesn't quite fit me in the showroom, the tailors magically appear, take your measurements and a few days later a perfectly-fitting dress appears at my office (they home-deliver for busy people).
Diego will also adapt designs to suit different tastes.

I have never felt so well-dressed. I wore all my Chula clothes to Fashion Week in France. Thank you Diego and Laura of Chula.

Visited September 2011
4 Thank BudgerigarHanoi
Hanoi, Vietnam
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Amazing, beautiful, fantastic dresses, coats, skirts...”
Reviewed October 2, 2011

I have been visiting Chula for special occasion dresses for the last 2 years and am the proud owner of 4 of these wonderful garments.
From the moment you walk through the doors at Chula you are made to feel wonderful by the owners Laura and Diego. Nothing is too much trouble for them, they have chopped and changed their designs to suit my specific needs. I cannot buy their off the peg range as they do not fit, a quick measure by their tailor and 2 weeks later a perfectly fitting dress.
The silk they use is of the highest quality, the dresses are extremely well tailored and would not look out of place in high end department stores back in the west.
My daughter had a dress made for her school prom back in the UK, she got so many comments from people asking her where her dress was from as these dresses are very different from any you would find back home.

Visited October 2011