“Very Good Hotel with lovely staff; No Restaurant only Breakfast”

Pearl Suites Hanoi Hotel
Ranked #489 of 599 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I find the hotel is good, but the staffs(specially Mr. Alex) are remarkably so nice and helpful that I must salute all of them. The hotel has very good 6D5N travel deal and others at very reasonable price. The room at highest floor is very big with nice balcony. Lower floor ha balcony too, but facing some other house. The hotel doesn't have any restaurant, so, dinner might be a little problematic but there are local food stalls around.
The hotel is neat and clean and the rooms are big too! I must recommend this hotel and again I would like to thank all the staff members to arrange and make our Vietnam trip so remarkable and comfortable.

Room Tip: Highest floor room with balcony!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank RitayanRoy

Reviewed December 11, 2012

We spent 5 nights at the Pearl Suite hotel where we had a family room at the third level. Given that is based on a shophouse design, expect the common areas to be tight especially when using the staircase. Having a family room, the room was spacious enough. The room was clean and functional; my main complaint was there was no reading lamp. The beds were firm but many of the pillows were either too lumpy or soft. The toilet was also clean though the toilet cistern would take some time to refill which can be quite inconvenient for a family trying to rush in the morning. Water pressure was weak on occasions and the hot water a little temperamental. The room safe was an area of concern as it was a portable one hence not very secure. The breakfast is really nothing to crow about; basically a simple western fare. It was really funny to see the bellboy heading out to buy pho from a nearby shop; often the soup was too oily and the beef or chicken having too much fat. The key highlight would be the staff; they were friendly and helpful. Ultimately, the best thing about the hotel was its location in the Old Quarter. Do choose a room without a window because I understand that it is quieter.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank zuluwarriors1879
Reviewed October 8, 2012

The staff at Pearl Suites made our stay memorable. We booked directly online. I was impressed with the prompt , helpful replies. We had a room with a small balcony. I asked for a room with windows and balcony. The bathroom was modern , and the whole hotel very clean, and comfortable. The staff were the highlight. Friendly, helpful and always looking to make our stay comfortable and safe. Taxis cannot fit down the street that Pearl suites is situated on, so the taxi drops you off on the corner. We were met my staff and guided the 20 meters down the street to the entrance. Same with departures and on any tours. The staff always fantastic. The fact that Cars don't fit down the street , means that a quite nights sleep is ensured.If we ever return to Hanoi, we will stay at Pearl Suites. I would also get them to book extra tours for me, Halong Bay, and Sapa. The prices that they would charge is much less than you pay booking direct from Australia.Book Pearl Suites, you won't be disappointed.It is a small boutique hotel, with a kind heart. PS great breakfast too. Order the Pho.....

Room Tip: As with any hotel in Hanoi, ask for a room with a window if it is important to you, you will pay on...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Good Hotel!!! Good all Staffs!!!

We're very impressed your kind assistance and your smile.
We're very happy in pearl suites. Pearl Suites is good memorial for us.

If we have a chance to travel in Hanoi again, Actually We stat with you.

Thank you very much for your support.

From...3 Thai Girls.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Our stay at Pearl Suites Hanoi Hotel more than satisfied our needs. The staff were diligent in meeting our needs, always helpful and accommodating. They spoilt us rotten and nothing was too much trouble. Breakfast was lovely, the room was very comfortable, the staff delightful, the position within walking distance to all. We felt so well looked after and would recommend highly to anyone looking for a small hotel with a real personal touch. Many thanks to all at Pearl Suites, we loved it and would most certainly return

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2012

The street is too narrow for cars, but I had requested an airport pickup, so the driver offloaded me, and we walked down a short street to the hotel. Very stylish and helpful hotel. Upgraded me to a family room with a small balcony, which could be interesting to view nightlife below. Computer in room and many, many items both for sale and some free in room. Since I got a very discounted room, it was a great bargain, but would be a good deal even at the regular price if you want 3 stars rather than 2. They carefully stored my luggage for four days while I went to HaLong and Sapa, then offered me breakfast when I came to pick it up and move elsewhere. (I had only booked one night here.) I regretted that I had tours booked most days, because I didn't really have time to enjoy a quite lavish breakfast.

Sightseeing/Attractions Tip: In the Old Quarter, which is full of local and tourist life mingling relatively happily, motorcycles make walking difficult, but lots of interesting shops and fun to just get lost a bit. Sinh Cafes are everywhere, but these are the imitations. Look for Sinh Tourist for very nice tours. Green Tangerine restaurant near the Puppet Theatre offers an excellent, gourmet lunch for about 250,000 VND.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor; even though there's no traffic, the crowds gather on the streets until l...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Our stay here got off to a bad start.prior to our arrival in hanoi i emailed the hotel asking to be picked up at the airport. I received an email stating we would be picked up at the airport and we would not have to pay until we checked out of the hotel. We arrived at the airport around midnight and there was no car waiting for us. We did not have the address to the hotel handy and we asked the tourist information booth to google it. The information booth gave us a false address to the hotel and the taxi did not know where the pearl suites was. So my wife and i were left wandering hanoi after midnight with our luggage looking for the hotel. Luckily we found a very nice hotel who was more than happy..for a tip..to walk us to the pearl suites. When i confronted the pearl suites about this they blamed me stating that i should have written them again after they had already confirmed our pickup. Next the room was tiny. It was possibly smaller than the rooms typical of japan. This was only made up for by the fact that in japan rooms are over 100 usd and the pearl suites was less than 25 usd. The walls were also extremely thin and we were woken everyday by other guests leaving their rooms and the cleaning staff. There was also the issue of a fighting rooster across the street from the hotel that began crowing every 5 minutes after dawn. This was not an issue to us as we are used to that sort of thing but the noise from guests was very distracting. We were never able to sleep past 6 am. The bed being very hard and only having a thin bedsheet. The heat made it so that we had to run the a/c constantly but it was pointed directly at the bed. The nights were very cold. On the upside, the hotel staff was extremely friendly and very helpful. Breakfast was great every morning. The location was good in that it was off of the noisy mainstreet. The rooms were also very clean. We had a late flight and they only charged us half price. That was good of them.

Room Tip: Don't get the smallest room. Make sure you triple check with the hotel to confirm airport pickup...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple