“Small but clean and fun staff”
Review of Hanoi Sky Hotel

Hanoi Sky Hotel
Ranked #147 of 607 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I spent several nights at this hotel. The first impression was no special but later I found this place is great. The hotel was actually small but the hospitality of the staff overshadowed it. Not all of the staff spoke English though, but those who did were really funny and polite. I had great chat with one or two of the staff. They were also eager to provide us good recommendation about places worth to visit or places to eat. Last but not least, they provided free internet service which was really fast!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank BagusBT-Indonesia
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

Dear BagusBT,

Thank you so much for your nice comment about us. We are trying our best to make our guests feel like home though you might stay thousands of kilometers from home. And we do stress on service quality, especially staff friendliness and prompt response to customers' needs. I'm glad that they did their job well and that you are pleased with our service in general and staffs in particular.

We hope to welcome you again at our hotel very soon,

Take care,

Reviewed May 25, 2012

I arrived at Aranya following a trekking trip - which was great fun but consisted of awful food and rock hard beds (and often rooms with no windows). The Aranya hotel is like landing in heaven. I had a super-clean,very attractive and comfortable front room (3rd floor suite) and have to say that noise didn't bother me at all, the balcony had 2 sets of doors and curtains. After my previous days nothing much was going to keep me awake - I did notice minor outside sounds die away around 10pm. The room facilities - bathroom and bedding are top notch - I certainly couldn't afford to stay in a room like this in Perth!
All staff are beyond the call of duty helpful and lovely to interact with. I liked the location a lot - good for gift/garment shopping and a pleasant stroll to Hoan Kiem Lake. I would definitely stay there again, and I will be recommending it to friends who are visiting later this year. It is spectacular value for money.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Wendy R
Reviewed May 20, 2012

My girlfriend and I spent several days in this hotel. The hotel staff is really great, we were very lucky to have found this hotel. The room was clean, the breakfast was good. Nothing more to wish for.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Paolo G
Reviewed April 10, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights,while visiting Hanoi and can recommend it. The staff,were very helpful and so very friendly. Our room was great, very clean and breakfast just what we wanted, and the rates very reasonable. Joy, New Zealand

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank JoyNorthCanterbury
Reviewed April 7, 2012

Hi - I stayed 2 nights at Aranya. I was suppose to stay at Hanoi Sapphire but was double booked so they put me 50M down the road at Aranya. Great staff, very welcoming, informative and helpful. My room was fine, nice bathroom and plenty of hot water. The bed, bedding & pillows are the best I have slept in, in my 2.5 weeks in Vietnam. The only negative side is that the Hotel was quite noisy (when I was there) and you could hear other people in the next room or in the corridors, plus there is some building work going on during the day....but overall, a very nice Hotel to stay in. Very well located in Hang Bong St and able to walk everywhere of interest in the Old Quarter and surounds from here - I didn't use a taxi once, but I enjoy walking :)

Room Tip: Take a room at the back away from the street with a window.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank toosdh
Reviewed April 4, 2012

We were so glad to have found this place! It might just be one of the best places, especially for the price. The hotel is nice and clean from the reception to our room. But the best is probably the sweet attentive service we got. We enjoyed our stay and highly recommend this place!

Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Jo A
Reviewed March 31, 2012

Had an internal room so no windows but no Hanoi street noise! Clean bed and room and bathroom. Great non smelly and a shower that actually drains. Great magnifying mirror! Flat screen tv was a great touch. Had already been to sapa and halong bay so they didn't try to sell anything to us. Organized an honest taxi driver to take us to train station. Friendly staff who really do try to help in any way. Hope the business takes off and does well! Only negative was that the cleaning staff didn't wait until we had vacated the room to clean, so asked them to return in 10 minutes, but we came back at the end of the day to find our room still hadn't been cleaned. But no big deal as was done within 15 minutes after we asked.

• Stayed: March 2012