“Great hotel, great location, great service and great value!”

Tu Linh Palace Hotel
Ranked #85 of 578 Hotels in Hanoi
Kent, England
“Great hotel, great location, great service and great value!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

I stayed here for 6 nights in March and used it as a base to explore the Old Quarter, so it's location was perfect being within easy reach of most of the tourist sights. On my first trip to Hanoi in 2011 I had stayed at the excellent Charming 2 which is a only metres from the Tu Linh Palace. I went for the Tu Linh this time based on price and good reviews, because I was staying longer so the extra cost of the Charming 2 became a factor.

The first thing you notice about the Tu Linh is that it's a narrow building and that means everything is going to be a bit small. The reception is tiny and the dining area behind it is not very big either, but that being said they still have everything you need (including 2 lifts/elevators).

That applies to the rooms too. I was upgraded to a deluxe room which, although not big, had everything I needed i.e air conditioning with remote control, great ensuite bathroom with hot shower and good water pressure any time of day, wifi, digital code room safe, mini bar fridge, ample wardrobe space, wall mounted flat screen TV, even fresh fruit on the day of my arrival.

The room was clean and tastefully decorated with a light wood theme and being on the 3rd floor at the rear of the hotel it was relatively quiet even though it had a small window to the side. (Anyone who's been to Hanoi will know that traffic noise is constant and can be disturbing).

The wifi connection was a bit patchy until I found the best spot in my room for reception (there are two desktop PCs downstairs in the dining area too, which are always useful for transferring pictures, fast typing, etc.)

I also have to praise the staff (especially Tim and Bac on reception) who were so friendly, kind and helpful the whole time I was there. It was Womens Day when I was there and they showed me on the maze of roads on the map where I could find a good flower shop and a good cake shop too. Nothing was too much trouble for them, and that includes all the waiting and cleaning staff who were always polite, friendly, and keen to help. Really all a credit to the hotel. And they weren't pushy in offering tours either, simply making me aware of their services. Just right.

I only ate there at breakfast time and enjoyed the Pho Bo and lovely fresh bread, although I also tried the bacon, egg and sausage option too. There was always plenty of fresh fruit and strong coffee too. And the extra plus was the fresh fruit juice which was available all day long (just what you need after walking about on a hot day!)

So in all I would thoroughly recommend the Tu Linh Palace based on it's location, plus the great value and level of service it offers and would happily stay there again.

Room Tip: Go for a room at the rear of the hotel for a quieter stay.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank trailfinder58

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

To summarise my experience at Tu Linh Palace Hotel, it is one of the best travel experience I had. Ms Bac was patient in answering all my emails so I could get all the answers that I need for the trip. She also explained carefully on thẻ experience on what each tour could offer. She also helped out greatly in planning out the best itinerary I could get on the trip.

Upon entering the room, it had a homely feel and it ís extremly clean. It offers a good shower room as well. I enjoyed the layout of the room in general. Though the price of the room is a little high, the real comfort was the exchanging factor for it.

The staff is adept at solving issues that travellers had at hand. For example, Tim the manager personally walked me to the shop to get 3G access on the first day. On the last day, he got his friend to drive me around so that I can buy the things I need. Being a frequent traveller, it is small little things as such which can brighten your trip by leaps and bounds.

The hotel serves a hearty breakfast which I really enjoyed a lot. The ingredients are really fresh and the coffee has a soft hazelnut flavour which I bought some of it home. The staff always made sure that you are well fed and you could always request for more in the event should the food not be sufficient.

It is a great experience to stay in this hotel and I would give points in their effort to make my travel stress free and organised everything neatly for me. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who prefers a botique hotel which offers a homely feeling and have staff who genuinely wants to make you enjoy your trip to the maximum.

1 Thank love-peace-travel
St Austell, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

This boutique hotel is a little treasure, a tad over friendly staff at times and a night manager who is a bit hard to understand as he rambles on for 5 mins to say hello. But all are extremely helpful. But there again Hanoi is a very friendly place! They also organise airport transfers.The location is good at the top end of Hang Ga (chicken Street) in the old quarter and within easy walk of the lake and all the restaurants and bars and the night market.
The rooms are clean and large and all works as it should, good shower room! Free Wifi and get the honeymoon room and you get a laptop provided that works occasionally. I would have liked a kettle in the room but it is not really needed as there is always free coffee and lemon juice available in the restaurant. Breakfast is good with great fresh baguettes and strong local coffee.
A great little hotel for the price but if you like a bit more comfort and a window get a honeymoon room, best to book in advance as it fills up quickly, we booked a couple of days in advance through booking.com who seemed to mess up the booking but the staff here sorted it with no real drama.

Room Tip: If you like a window in your room pay the extra for a honeymoon room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank obiwanwasabe
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

Rooms are very Nice, clean And modern though a bit small.
The staff is so friendly and helpful, we stayed there 2 nights and always had free drinks and fruits. Then when we came back from sapa at 5am we had 5 hours to killl, we went there and even thoygh we were not sleeping there and woke them up they let us in, offered us to shower, keep our luggage and have some drinks.
Warmly recommended place !!!

2 Thank mimanouchka
Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

The staff at Tu Linh Palace Hotel are what makes this place worth staying at. Always friendly, always willing to do that little bit extra to help. Other reviewers have given details so I won;t bother repeating. I spent 5 days there and was thoroughly pleased with the place and have no complaints whatsoever. Thank you to all the staff. Oh, and the rooms and facilities are very nice too!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Hazim T
Rome, Lazio, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

I stayed in the hotel a few days with my colleague, while busy with work in Hanoi. The cheerful attidude of the hotel staff, always going beyond themselves to make sure that customers feel at ease in a sort of family like atmosphere, is simply outstanding. Not only is the hotel cosy and clean, but the way of accompanying one's staying in Hanoi without ever being intrusive, is a unique asset which you can't really find frequently! Certainly I had not!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Nicoletta D
Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel for a week in March this year. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay there, staff were extremely friendly although a couple of them were very hard to understand which made for some awkward moments.

Great service, they weren't pushy regarding tours and they always offered great advice. Every time we came back from the hotel after a long day out we were always offered lemon juice and pineapple which were very refreshing.

We had a room on level 2, it was small but sufficient. Bathroom was modern and clean. We didn't have a window so sometimes the only way we could ventilate the room was by opening the door.

Cost wise it was good, the hotel was only a short walk from the lake so you're not far from the action. I definitely wouldn't bother paying for more expensive hotels if you're not a needy person. All in all we had a great time there and would happily recommend this hotel to anyone.

3 Thank ChrisVermeersch