“Zen in the midst of mayhem”

Essence Hanoi Hotel & Spa
Ranked #21 of 580 Hotels in Hanoi
Calgary, Canada
“Zen in the midst of mayhem”
Reviewed December 16, 2011

A beautiful boutique hotel with very friendly and helpful staff. Breakfast is complimentary with many delicious choices. The staff are trustworthy and go out of their way to ensure you have a great stay.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (638)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 15, 2011

Best hotel in Vietnam easy! I can't say enough about the staff here, make you feel like family, a good family that is.. Upgraded us to a junior suite on our return from Ha Long, wow! Breakfast was great. In an ideal world all Hotels would be like this. Love it!

Room Tip: If you can get a junior suite, Lovely.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Portland, Maine
Reviewed December 15, 2011

My husband and I used the Essence as our base during our recent visit to Vietnam and were extremely happy with the location, staff, service, breakfast and lodgings! All of the staff were extremely helpful and very attentive to needs and details. The location is in the heart of the Old Quarter, but noise was never an issue and it's easy to walk everywhere (well, as easy as it can be to walk in Hanoi!).

Like other reviewers, the hotel helped us book trips to Halong Bay and Sapa and perfectly coordinated all of the details. The rooms are extremely clean, very comfortable and we loved the ease of having a laptop w/ internet right in the room. The breakfast, which was included in our rate, was very good. Everything at the Essence was top-notch and I would highly recommend booking your stay in Hanoi here.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank danimarks_maine
Arlon, Belgium
Reviewed December 14, 2011

It's a really good hotel with large, clean and quiet rooms..I had chosen a "Junior Suite" ...
The staff is charming and available , the breakfast offers many possibilities and the central location of this hotel in the old quarter is fantastic
I recommand it...

Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Oklahoma
Reviewed December 11, 2011

I'm a frequent traveler to Vietnam and I've been to Hanoi 6-7 times in the past. Before this trip I've typically stayed at "boutique" hotels away from the Old Quarter or at one of the big western style hotels due to attending meetings there. I always found myself walking to the Old Quarter in my spare time since that's where all the activity is. On this trip - I'm in Hanoi now at the Essence - I decided to research hotels in the Old Quarter and I settled on the Essence Hanoi due to its connections to the Elegance group and reputation and room availability. This is a WONDERFUL small hotel, but anyone reading these reviews probably already knows that. The staff are totally attentive and service oriented, without becoming too intrusive. The facilities are new and attractive, exceptionally clean (spotless!), and the breakfast is great with a good selection and very fresh. I have eaten cooled to order eggs and pho each morning along with fresh fruit. The breakfast area and the kitchen appear to be at least as clean as any hotel I've stayed in. I booked a Junior Suite and would probably do that again as the room features fit me well. The fruit basket in my room has been refreshed each day and the wireless access is very good. The bathroom is also good with one of the best showers I've had in Vietnam and a completely reliable supply of very hot water. Despite all the noise outside, my room on the sixth floor is very quiet. This is a great hotel that would be appropriate for just about any traveler who desires the location and price range. I'm very happy with my choice and I'll be sad to leave tomorrow! I'll be a returning customer.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
Reviewed December 11, 2011

Like others, I was a bit skeptical about all the high ratings for Hanoi Elegance chain. But the service and attitude of the staff is amazing! Clean, posh room. Breakfast was delicious and this location is great, right near the beer corner.

Only negative was the first 2 nights I didn't have a laptop in my room, but they remedied that once they realized it. I thought I was supposed to have a laptop in-room but wasn't sure. There is a computer in the lobby in any case. This branch has been open only a few months.

I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank none00
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 4, 2011

Had a great stay at the Essence Hanoi hotel.
First the staff is brilliant. The travel desk helped us book a couple of trips (Halong Bay and Sapa) but more importantly smoothed out all the various transition... took us to the train station, offered us a room to shower after Halong Bay, picked us up... all in perfect timing. Fantastic service.

The room is nice, quiet - which is a surprise given the frantic pace of life in the old quarter in Hanoi - comfortable bed, a laptop to browse the Internet - all well appointed.

All at an excellent value for money.

I have been very impressed by this hotel and as I said earlier - can not praise the staff enough for a wonderful service and experience.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple