“Good tasty Thai” 4 of 5 bubbles

Thai Express
Ranked #900 of 2,168 Restaurants in Hanoi
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Good tasty Thai”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

For a franchise this is great, yes it is more expensive than street food but we felt like a change of pace from Vietnamese and western foods available in Hanoi. My sister had the chicken green curry with a watermelon and lime drink and I had a (very large!) seafood Tom yum noodle soup. Nice and tasty Thai food and service was fast, cost US$12 or 240kVD.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Dallas, Texas
“"the cashier and servers are skimming money"”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

I just had a meal with my family at Thai Express. My son who is 1 years old knocked a glass over and it broke. When the server brought the bill, she hand wrote an extra charge of 50,000 vnd for the broken glass. This glass cost about 10,000 vnd if you buy 1 at a time and if you buy 1000's as Thai Express does it's probably 5000 vnd per glass. So to profit on an accidental glass breaking when the customer spends 610,000 is bad enough. But then the server and cashier freak out when I try and take the receipt home is terrible. They wanted to print me out a new one without the 50,000 extra charge. I'm guessing this is their scam to make extra money on the side, and this probably happens 10-20 times a day. I would be really happy for a reply from the manager or owner here!

• Visited November 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Dylan R
T_diddy
“Loved it.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

My partner and I ate here twice before reading the reviews on TA, how surprised we were! We expected glowing reviews but not so.

We've tasted our fair share of Asian food on our lengthy trip and we loved the food at Thai Express. The service was good and our green & yellow seafood curries were both delicious.

I don't know if they've changed something around recently but we disagree but all the reviews on here which is unusual for us. I'd recommend to give them a go despite the overall consensus on here, its not expensive and the flavours were great.

Plus no charge to use credit card - something to value to in Hanoi.

• Visited October 2012
Sydney, Australia
“Nothing like Thai Food!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

We were very disappointed with our meal.
The food had more the taste and presentation of Chinese food rather than Thai.
Typically a fast food outlet, fast service and mass produced food!.
You can do a lot better and for much less.

• Visited October 2012
Hanoi, Vietnam
“Now several Thai Express in town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

There are now several Thai Express in town, my local being opposite my building in Trung Hoa (known as New Hanoi). Its fast food and a bit pricy for Vietnamese, but good if you are not on a diet. The Pad Thai is reasonable as are many of the reasonably authentic other Thai dishes.

Visited August 2012