“fabulous food”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Brisbane, Australia
“fabulous food”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Restaurant is 2 doors down from our hotel Tirant Hotel. Went there for a fabulous meal, pork on skewers, two different combinations of spices, with fresh herbs, a wonderful sauce and rice. Had a cocktail, double spirits drink and vietnamese coffee, all for a very reasonable 230,000Dong. My husband had a fabulous duck meal and we've just returned to the hotel to have another wonderful meal again tonight. The couple next to us were also returning for a further meal as it was great the first time, they had a steaming fish dish that looked divine. Staff friendly and restaurant was very clean. We're going back!

3 Thank Susan A

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
“You'd be crazy not to visit”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

My partner and I visited this restaurant in December 2012, right after we watched the 5pm water puppet show near Hoan Kiem Lake. Took us around 5 minutes to walk to this restaurant. While at the restaurant, we had the Bun Cha and Beef roasted with lemongrass and chilli. Bia Saigon Lager and Long Island Ice tea to finish off the meal.

## Positives
- Authentic vietnamese food, with subtle flavor
- Helpful staff who demonstrated how to prepare the Bun cha before eating it
- Nice cozy ambiance

## Negatives
- None. GO THERE AND TRY IT!

3 Thank clarey87
Hanoi, Vietnam
“Authentic Vietnamese Food”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Middle of the road prices. Staff are very friendly and talked us through our meals, even giving us a demonstration on the 'correct' way to construct and eat it.
Delicious!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Becky S
Sydney, Australia
“Great service”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Excellent service, helpful staff, but the chef could do with more bold flavours. Located in a quietish street (more shops and eating places for locals than tourists) in the Old City, Hoan Kiem District, adjacent to the Tirant Hotel. I ordered a freshly squeezed tomato juice with some added fresh chili and pepper (wanted to see what a Virgin Mary would taste like with all original ingredients) but was disappointed when it arrived with a column of ice. I must admit one of my dislikes is fresh fruit/vegetable juice with ice - an instant flavour diminisher and value detractor! They asked how I liked the drink and offered me another without the ice - which I accepted gladly but was surprised to see it included in the bill. The fresh papaya salad with dried shredded beef, one of my favourite salads, was pretty good, albeit a bit too sweet and less tangy than it might be. Beef roasted with lemongrass and chilli came with each chunk of beef attractively wrapped around a whole and roasted lemongrass stem, accompanied by rice and cabbage salad. Nicely done but not as flavourful as I anticipated - maybe needed something like lime to add to it. The beef was slightly tough - but Vietnamese colleagues often say this is routine and that's why Australian beef is often served as well in some restaurants, at substantially higher prices. There was good understanding of local requirements when ordering coffee - do you want with condensed milk in the coffee (as typical in Vietnam, very sweet) or separate, or would you prefer fresh milk - again "in" or "on the side". Beats trying to make oneself understood. The ginger ice-cream ordered to accompany my coffee was pretty good too. Would be happy to go back but would try alternative dishes. Total price - around 323,000 Dong, around $16.

1 Thank AntSydney
Waihi, New Zealand
“Fantastic Food, Service and Value”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Fabulous place! Three of us had lunch there and ate traditional food - my hubby and I had Bun Cha, our friend had the Cha Com and we had two Tiger Beer each, coming to a grand total of VND508,000 (around US$24). The food was delicious and Bun Cha is one of the meals I have tried to recreate back home in NZ... still dreaming about the one I had here at Restaurant 96. Service was fantastic. Highly recommended.

• Visited September 2012