“Five star service at great value!”

Aquarius Legend Hotel
Ranked #25 of 588 Hanoi B&B and Inns
Shah Alam, Malaysia
“Five star service at great value!”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

We made sure we had read all the reviews before we booked this Aquarius Legend hotel and we must say,we weren’t disappointed! We had a complimentary car service from Airport to Hotel through email with Mr Huy. And he did the pickup service very well for us; we just walk out and very easy to see the taxi driver with my name and hotel name on the board. The taxi driver can only speak few simple English words. But he is a very nice guy, very friendly and always smiles with us.
When we got to the hotel it was already late night 11.pm. Their staff already waited for us at the side of the door , greet us with our name . Then we got a quick check-in. We were very satisfied by all services here; the staffs were very pleasant and friendly. When we get in the room, my first impression was “WOW , this hotel is so nice. Our rooms are very clean and tidy and there is very big comfortable bed. The only thing you need to do is just put your luggage to one side ,and lay down and relax.
In the morning we had breakfast at the 1st floor . After that we can tell anyone that the breakfast here is out of this world. It's a mix between Vietnamese food with Western food. All food are so fresh and cooked. We totally love it.
A special thing that we found out here , is that they also have the travel desk information. We trust this hotel so we decided to book a 2 days 1 night Halong Trip and Sapa 2days 3 nights thourgh Mr Ben. After all we felt happy and satisfied with this Aquarius Legend Hotel service .Would highly recommend it and come back!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
6 Thank Ereene
Leonn N, Manager at Aquarius Legend Hotel, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Dear Ms. Ereene

Many thanks for your excellent review via Tripadvisor! We are glad to know that you have enjoyed your stay at Aquarius Legend Hotel .Please be assured that your encouraging compliments will be shared with our team members.

With best regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We booked the hotel based on the highly recommended and good review given by others tourist.
This hotel is really convenient, clean and comfortable for us. 6 of us arrived hotel around 10:00 pm and we were greeted by my name by the doorman and the receptionist , how great is that! All staff we encountered were charming, and very professional, and could not be faulted in any way.
The location is fantastic and centrally located, it is few minutes walking distance from shopping at the 36 streets of old quarter. We have booked one Deluxe Room for 4 person and 1 superior room for me and my partner. The deluxe room was large and extremely comfortable.
Each room have come along with TV, and the laptop provided to us as well. Its really convenient for us to do online web check in and etc.
All of the staff were attentive and helpful all the time, and we received valuable help on my brother's broken mobile and they even upgraded our room when we returned from SAPA.

We're also very happy to recommend it to anyone wanting to stay close to the centre of Hanoi.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
7 Thank yvonnelimtkh
Leonn N, Manager at Aquarius Legend Hotel, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Dear Ms Yvonne

Yangon (Rangoon), Myanmar
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Went to Vietnam for three days with my girlfriend and staying at Aquarius Legend Hotel was very relaxing. The hotel was beautifully decorated and it had many facilities. We tried traditional food at the hotel and it was quite delicious. At evenings, we went down to Hoan Kiem Lake and spent sometimes. We had a great time staying at Aquarius Legend Hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank ShaneNaing1990
Dear Mr Shane,

On behalf of Aquarius Legend Hotel Management, We would like to thank you very much for your choosing our service and your best support during your stay at our hotel.

It was so honour to welcome you at Aquarius Legend Hotel the previous time and your present make a great encouragement for us to continue increasing the high quality of services.

We are looking forward to welcoming you at Aquarius Legend Hotel in coming time.
Yours sincerely,
Townsville, Australia
Reviewed March 20, 2014

My son and I stayed at the Aquarius Legend for three nights, booked a Halong Bay overnight trip and then stayed one more night at the Aquarius before traveling south by train. After about a week away I returned to Hanoi and stayed again at the Aquarius (my son flew to Thailand). They could not book me in for three nights as they had a group booking on the second night so I was accompanied to another of their hotels by the owner of the Aquarius and was booked in to the Indochina Hotel a couple of minutes walk away, another excellent hotel. I returned to the Aquarius for my last night in Hanoi.
I cannot speak highly enough of this hotel. All staff were so friendly and helpful that I could not ask for more. The rooms were huge for a hotel of this size and spotlessly clean. Mini-bar prices were equivalent to other outlets around the area. Free Wifi and computer with a PC or laptop in each room. The breakfast was excellent with many choices and the female chef cooks the best scrambled eggs in Hanoi. She also sings quietly in Vietnamese while going about her work. The female owner of the Aquarius cooked a special lunch for myself, two other guests from Germany and family members that we knew. There were so many choices I could not try everything and we felt very privileged to have this honour bestowed upon us.
Summing up, I intend to return to Hanoi within a year and would not stay anywhere else. I felt I was part of the family and consider the owner and staff as personal friends.

Room Tip: On my return to the hotel I was given Room 306 which overlooks the street. I would recommend any roo...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
5 Thank DavidLord
Leonn N, Manager at Aquarius Legend Hotel, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Dear Customer

Kent, England
Reviewed March 20, 2014

We stayed here for 3 separate nights while visiting Sapa and Halong Bay. The hotel position is ideal, being close to Hoan Kiem Lake so within walking distance of most places in the Old Quarter. This is a small hotel with only 3 rooms per floor (there is a lift). We always got the middle room which was quiet but very small. Clean and tastefully decorated, everything worked. The ensuite bathroom had an unusual curved shower unit with plenty of hot water. The staff were always keen to help and were friendly. The restaurant is very small with only a few tables so guests frequently had to join each other on the same table. The buffet breakfast was OK but limited choice with low quality food, but freshly cooked omelette available. In all this was a good choice for our purpose and gave good value and service.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank trailfinder58
Dear Mr Finder,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and sharing your experience at Aquairus Legend Hotel.

We are glad that you enjoyed your overall stay with us. Your kind endorsement about our location, rooms and staff is greatly appreciated. We have also noted your comments about the food option and the quality of itself, and will definitely take into consideration for future renovations.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Always at your service,
Perth, Western Australia
Reviewed March 19, 2014

We have been to Hanoi before and this trip we couldn't get are usual hotel as it was fully booked I had booked and paid for Aquarius Legend Hotel 6 weeks before our trip. We had hotel pick up from airport 9.30 at night. Arrived at hotel and reception kept insisting I pay for hotel pick up which is unusual as I normally pay at time of check out. After I paid she advised that they were fully booked. What ??? 9:30 at night!!!! She insisted its ok cause they are a chain of hotels and she will take us to one of there better hotels. We left our luggage and went to another hotel 5 minutes walk away with the bell boy. We arrived at this older hotel which they said had just been renovated but looked like original from 70's. They showed us a room and I said no then they showed us room which was obviously best they had. I couldnt believe it there was no way I could stay there as for a start the balustrade on stairs getting up to room on 9th floor was wobbly. What a situation 10pm at night in a foreign country but lucky we had been to Hanoi before. So we left the hotel with our luggage walking for 40 minutes around the lake till we could recognize where we had stayed previously at Hanoi Imperial Hotel. We arrived there and they were fully booked which is why I had to choose Aquarius Legend this trip. Anyway the reception girl helped me call agoda in Australia to cancel the booking so I could get my money back and found another hotel for us for that night in same street and we stayed at Hanoi Imperial following night. Without them helping us we would have been stuffed. Going back to Hanoi in May have definitely learnt my lesson. To stick with what you know!!!! And To Aquarius Legend Hotel who does that to people? Take there money and booking when they don't have a room I hope you learn from me as i said I would be writting a review to let the world know

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
13 Thank Sam C
Dear Sam C

Thank you for sharing your feedback via Tripadvisor.

We are very concerned to read about your experience. May we please request that you contact me directly so that we can find out more details about your stay? Our email address is: info@aquariuslegendhotel.com

I hope to hear from you soon.
Luzon, Philippines
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Our best friend suggested the Aquarius Legend on this occasion and we were certainly not disappointed
Good location, right next to a old street quarter with interesting shops/food. Convenient to other tourist and non-tourist locations. Rooms were clean and well prepared. Service was outstanding.
My husband got very big birthday cake and lovely bunch of flower. All the staff surprised us with lovely cake, some candles, and they sang the birthday. They were accommodating and concerned for our well-being and I appreciated the superb welcoming and service from them.
I hope to one day return and without doubt will definitely choose to stay here again.
Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the water. You may have to pay a little more.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Michelle C
Leonn N, Manager at Aquarius Legend Hotel, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Customer