“Quaint 5 story restaurant” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kimono Japanese Restaurant

Kimono Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #306 of 2,169 Restaurants in Hanoi
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Quaint 5 story restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

After reading about this place in a city pass guide my boyfriend & I decided to check it out. Being a Tuesday, they offer a sushi buffet for a reasonable price 289,000vnd.
Admitting the service is a bit slow the selection on the conveyor belt was a good variety.
We enjoyed our visit. Just beware the service is slow.

• Vietnamese first
London, England
“So Slow”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

Not great I'm afraid, the food we got was basically ok, but in two out of fours cases it wasn't actually what we ordered (despite the fact that we ordered by pointing at the pictures in a menu).

Additionally, the time taken to serve was so long we were on the verge of leaving. Even getting a top up of my jasmine tea took a quite amazing 23 minutes!

Hampered by a lack of English and a distinct lack of motivation.

The restaurant has a tv on one wall which is running a Japanese news channel. It helped pass the time I suppose. I didn't actually see the chefs watching it but I wouldn't have been surprised.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Beijing, China
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Stay Away”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013

We ordered off the menu rather than eating from the conveyor belt--the servings on which looked like they had been sitting around a little while. admittedly, i'm a bit of a snob when it comes to japanese food, but nothing we were served was acceptably fresh. prices were high, even compared to more expensive cities. in a city full of great food, there is no reason to eat here.

Food was edible but only barely. Portions were small. prices were high for what you got. Service was slow. Stay away. the only high point was that my kids thought the conveyor belt was cool.

• Visited December 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
California, Maryland
“excellent!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

That's so amazing, I have found this place on tuesday by my friend's introduction. They also had a " buffet sushi" at that day and there was no reason that I couldn't try it, cause it was too atractive. I can eat anything I want till I'm full, sashimi, sushi, salad...my favorite! When I take a look at the menu, I see it pretty luxurial, beside sashimi, sushi, they also have salad, BBQ, fried, hot pot...with fresh foods and kinda good looking. I quite love the view in here too! So maybe I have to spend more time to discover this wonderful place.

• Visited October 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Had been months since I had sushi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

I found this place today and when I saw it was only around 300k for all you can eat I was in the door and ready to go . The roll variety is not great, but they do over some nice sashimi . If you need a sushi fix this a good place to go also like how the girls dress in traditonal Japenese outfits .

• Visited August 2013