“There are better options next door”

iProvecho! Global Bar & Grill
Ranked #1,523 of 2,257 Restaurants in Hanoi
Cuisines: Grill
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery
Luang Prabang, Laos
“There are better options next door”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I came here by chance with a colleague and we ordered Thai and Indonesian dishes. The food was very mediocre, hardly reflecting anything authentic. The service was pretty chaotic, even tho the place was not very busy. Ordering cocktails proved to be a mistake as that puzzled the servers - they arrived well after the food. My food arrived long before my friends did. A glass of wine was miniscule, and poor quality. Only pleasant moment was when we could sit on the veranda after dinner and have a smoke, looking over the street. There is no reason for anyone to seek out this place - there are many better places within meters on the same street.

• Visited March 2013

Hanoi, Vietnam
“Small place & good food”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I knew this restaurant by reconmendation from my Polish Vietnamese friend. We visited this restaurant a year ago & I came back last month with my brother.

It is very small place on Hang Be street, great location in town, closed to Hoan Kiem lake. The price is very reasonable. It is a casual place for quick eating as there are only some small tables. My brother loves the hambeger & pizza here with great taste. But the Nase goreng ( Indonesian rice) is not right I think. The taste is totally different that I ate at Horison or Sofitel Plaza hotel.

I will come back if I need a casual place and quick meal. The bar downstair could be a good place to hang out and chit chat too but I haven't tried.

• Visited September 2012
Hanoi, Vietnam
“a great Find!”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

A quaint restaurant, simple, comfortable and adequate.
I stopped by for lunch, and an opportunity to collect some information from the travel desk about a possible foray to the highlands.
The dining area was at the upper deck, with a nice perch at the balcony overlooking Hang Be street. It was a sunny 31 degree day, so I opted to sit inside. this would be a great spot to park yourself in the evenings to people-watch.
With the airconditioner on, it was rather homely. This is a Mexican-themed Restaurant, but I thought the real test of any kitchen is how they serve a burger, so I ordered “The Works”; other than the beef patty, which I felt was too loosely compacted. It had bacon strips as toppings, crimped fries on the side and some greens. Totally satisfying.

• Visited July 2012
Kelowna, Canada
“Very good Mexican!”
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Walking around Old Quarter looking for lunch, we decided to try this place. We went to the 3rd storey after climbing small stairs. Very intimate and on the top was a nice lounge area and outside on the balcony, a bar dining area. The ambience was nice and the tropical brain freeze drink was delicious and refreshing! It was passionfruit, lime, and mint blended with ice. A very welcome drink on such a hot day. The burrito and enchilada was superb. Very well done and surprised they did Mexican food so well there. Would recommend. Such a nice place to spy on people walking the streets while you sit back and enjoy a cold drink and a meal on the balcony in the trees.

• Visited June 2012
Hudson, Wisconsin
“Good Mexican Food”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

I was having a craving for Mexican food and found this place. It is a small place on a busy tourist street in the Old Quarter. Seating is upstairs and the stairs are narrow and steep, which is quite normal for classic buildings in the old quarter. The room was comfortable with only a few tables. The tiles are original colonial style and will show some wear, this is normal and in no way reflects a "dirty" restaurant. In fact, it seemed quite clean to me. The service was fast and friendly.

I ordered the chicken enchiladas, which came with a side of black beans, Mexican rice and a small salad. It was surprisingly all very good. I say surprisingly because I had yet to find good Mexican food in Hanoi. Everything tasted great. There was one bite where the piece of chicken was too thick, it really needs to be shredded for proper taste. The red sauce had a nice spicy taste. I will definitely be back to eat here again.

My only complaints are that the upstairs is a bit dark during the day. Also, the music was a little too loud for my taste.

• Visited June 2012