“Could not be happier!!”

Hanoi Holiday Diamond Hotel
Ranked #58 of 600 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Wow, this was an amazing place to stay! Here's some of the highlights:

- Exceptional service! They were always going above and beyond from the moment I walked into the lobby, and even remembered my name when I came back after several days to Ha Long Bay.
- Great selection of foods for breakfast, made to order as you choose. Also very quick, should you be in a hurry like I was.
- Rooms have everything you need and more. Very comfortable beds, reasonable amount of space, all the bathroom amenities (plus a blow dryer should you need), complimentary water/tea/coffee, full minibar.
- Safety deposit box in your room, felt very secure overall
- Computer provided in your bedroom for you to use (free wi-fi included in hotel as well)
- Staff are very knowledgeable & helpful with planning activities & things to do around the city.
- Very good location near Old Quarter and 5-10 minute walk to Hoan Kiem Lake
- Very reasonable prices, starting at $25/night

Bottom line: I will definitely be staying here if/when I return to Hanoi, and I will be recommending to everybody. In fact, I already recommended it to another traveller who ended up staying there as well; they were so happy when I returned that they gave me a free room upgrade!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

What a great hotel. Great location, great value for money, and yummy breakfast (menu you can order from as many times as you want - eggs bacon bread pancakes fruit cereal croissants and more!)! But best of all is the staff! Both Jenny and Cherry on reception were amazing, they told us all the good sights, restaurants, bars in the area. They organised our halong bay tour and got us a booking when all the tour were fully booked. Also when we checked out I left my camera in the room and they have been so helpful in posting it back to me! Overall would definitely 100% recommend to everyone!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Niamh K
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I read a review on TA before I booked that said the staff was very happy... almost too happy. I laughed. The moment I stepped into the lobby and was enthusiastically greeted by 3 people with bright smiles and endless compliments, I completely understood what that reviewer meant. Their kindness was refreshing after traveling for months around South East Asia and thinking the word "Customer Service" was not in anyones vocabulary. They helped us book last minute Ha Long Bay Tickets, flights to Hoi An and multiple taxis. They even ran around town to get a box that was the right size for us to ship our items home.

They stored our luggage for us while we took a few days in Ha Long and a week Hoi An which was SO nice. We didn't have to pay an extra checked bag fee and they got a return customer- win win.

The all-you-can-eat breakfast was a nice break from all of the eggs we had been used to. They had the most delectable french toast- my husband still talks about how good it was.

The only small complaints I have are :
1. the inside room we had at first had very little light. I personally love lots of natural light so that was a little hard. We changed to a room with a window the next 2 times and that was much better.
2. the mattress was a bit hard in the rooms. But after long days of walking around in the heat, I could have slept on a park bench.

Overall... great hotel for the price!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ladylundquist
Reviewed June 28, 2013

The hotel is located in the heart of the Old Quarter area and the staff at the hotel are friendly and ever ready to help you, even helped us to book the trishaw to bring us around the city. Value for money and most important is that you feel very comfortable and not lost.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank edwinKL
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Diamond in Hue and thought that the staff were exceptional - the staff at the Holiday Diamond in Hanoi are also very helpful and friendly and booked taxis, recommended restaurants etc. We also had a shower there late in the day before we caught the night train to Sapa.
This is value for money but we were a bit disappointed in our room - we were told we had been "upgraded" but we had a child travelling with us so also had a roll out bed in our room and that meant that there was literally no spare floor space in the room - it was so small!
We had planned to return to the Holiday Diamond after Halong Bay but they were unable to show me the "Executive Room" we had booked and how big it was so I cancelled our reservation - I cannot imagine spending another three nights in cramped quarters.
If you are travelling alone or as a couple then it would be okay, but with a child you may find it a bit cramped.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank TravellingWahine
Minh P, Manager at Hanoi Holiday Diamond Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear Travelers,
It is always our pleasure and honor to read your feedback about our hotel and service.It supplies us more energy to contribute to our work better day by day.
Thank you TravellingWahine for staying at our hotel.Firstly,We really apology for any inconvenience you had during your stay with us .When you book our superior room,we think you might had known about our room size because We always take real pictures of rooms to show to the guests on our website.It helps them got a quite clear imagination about the space that they gonna stay.Our superior room rate also is equivalent to its standard.But above all,All our guests are served by us in the best way as we can .
We hope you can understand a bit for us and We hope to welcome you back in a near future.
Many thanks for your being with us
Sending you our best regards
Management Board

Reviewed June 25, 2013

this hotel is well worth booking froms its location to the fantastic staff very helpful...they made phone calls to my tour operator to make sure of my collection is confirmed to be picked up from the hotel, i have stayed twice at this hotel and both rooms had a computer in the rooms which is great if you do not have a lap top of your own. So i do recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This was a great choice and incredibly good value for money, right in the centre of the old quarter. The rooms were very clean and a good size with tv, computer, wifi, safe, air con and minibar. Everything that we needed. We stayed for 2 days before going to Halong Bay and then another 2 days at the hotel. Cherry booked this trip for us and looked after our luggage for the two days. The breakfast was unlimited and of a very high standard. Every single member of staff were excellent and could not do enough for us. They even got up early and made us a take away breakfast for our train journey to Saigon, leaving at 5am. It's a great little hotel for the money and punches well above its weight. I will definitely stay there again if I am in Hanoi.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends