“Why go to a 5-Star hotel when you get 10-Star hospitality here !!”

Hanoi Holiday Diamond Hotel
Ranked #55 of 591 Hotels in Hanoi
Dallas, Texas
“Why go to a 5-Star hotel when you get 10-Star hospitality here !!”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Perhaps you thought I am exaggerating here by giving a rating of 10 Star for the hospitality, but I assure you that I am not at all.

The Hanoi Holiday Diamond Hotel is part of the group which has the highly rated Hanoi Charming 2 Hotel. At first I was going to book at Charming 2 Hotel. However, when I saw Holiday Diamond on their WEB, I opted for it. In fact the reservation was made by Kate of Charming 2 Hotel by e-mail. Kate was very professional and promptly responded to my inquiries. I paid by Pay Pal the charges for the first night in US dollars so there was no transaction fee involved.They will also arrange for tours and Halong Bay Cruises for you.

I booked an airport transfer also which was $18(one way) in line with the taxi fare. My reservation was for October 31st and I made it during the 1st week of August about three months in advance.

My flight to Hanoi from Luang Prabang was late. Instead of arriving at 6:15PM, it arrived at 8:00 PM. Well, to be honest, I was afraid that no one will be there to pick me up. But when I exited the customs, I was greeted by their agent and taken to a nice late model SUV.

When we arrived at the hotel, Henry from the reception came to the car and greeted me. And the bell boys attended to my luggage. They were just waiting for me. While Ha (Miss) attended to my check-in, I was treated with a cool fresh mango juice. Since it was late and I wanted to have dinner, I requested Ha to find a good restaurant nearby which offered vegetarian food. Henry took me to my room and showed me how everything worked including the Safe. The bell boys brought my luggage.

Without delay, I went down stairs, and Ha was waiting with the map and showed me where the Restaurant Tamarind was. Less than five minutes of walk. The restaurant turned out to be very good also.

The hotel is located in the Old Town (Hoan Kiem area) where the action is. You can walk to the restaurants and sites in the Old Town. The taxi to the Museum was about 50,000 VND. My room was on the sixth floor and I did not hear any street noise.

The room was bit small but it was modern and fully equipped. There were two night tables next to the double bed. One night table had two bottles of water, Coffee and Tea making equipment and a fresh fruit plate wrapped in the plastic foil. All complimentary. They replenished the fruit plate every day. There was a cupboard/closet with hangers and shelves and an electronic Safe. A desk with a flat screen monitor connected to a PC was available at no cost. Wi-Fi was also available at no cost if needed. A good size flat screen TV was on the wall with good selection of international channels. A small refrigerator with mini bar was located under the desk.

The linens and pillows were excellent. In fact I liked the duvet/comforter so much that I was tempted to purchase it from them. The bath room was clean and had all the toiletries
and towels. Everything was clean and well kept. The house keeping/maid service was excellent.

The breakfast was beyond my expectation. There was no buffet but they had an extensive menu for “cooked to order” breakfast. The menu had Western as well as Asian items. You can order anything and everything. No restrictions, no limits! Two young ladies welcome you warmly with smiles and serve you with their full attention to your request. The service was prompt and the food was excellent.

After breakfast I met with Nancy at the reception and she helped me with my intended site seeing agenda while Ha telephoned for a taxi which came to the hotel in no time.

I checked out and paid my bill in US Dollars as quoted which I think was good. They kept my luggage while I went to a ‘two days/one night’ Halong Bay trip. When I returned the next day, in the afternoon, they offered me a room to take bath and clean up.

Again, my transfer back to the airport arranged by them in a late model Toyota SUV was very pleasant and comfortable. And my eyes were teary when the entire staff came to the door and waved me goodbye.

While I remember Nancy, Ha and Henry by their names, the entire staff including the bell boys was so nice. Generally speaking the hotel staff is trained to be nice to their guests, but here I felt that they welcome you, serve you, help you and treat you with genuine hospitality from the bottom of their hearts.

Room Tip: Upper floor in the back. They offer free airport pick up if you book at least three nights directly...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Midcap

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Amazing hotel. We had great communication with Jenny and Cherry setting up our stay, including train tickets and the like. I was confident that on our arrival everything would be in order because they can communicate in a professional and timely manner. Even when I hadn't organised a visa in time and arrived a day late, they got us new train tickets and made sure we still had a room on arrival.

The staff were very polite and would go above and beyond to help us, I really can't speak highly enough of them and their efforts. It just makes us want to go back!! Everything was spotless and the hotel is in a great location in the old quarter. We really felt we could trust them. Our billing was clear and accurate. Anyone reading this I would book now, your search is over!!

Room Tip: Double glazing not totally necessary, we slept fine.
1 Thank Nicko79
England
Reviewed December 15, 2012

The staff were extremely helpful and friendly, they recommended some excellent restaurants for us and nothing was too much trouble, room was clean and comfortable and the breakfast was superb. A cut above the usual complimentary efforts.

Basel, Switzerland
Reviewed December 12, 2012

We travelled as a pair and Hanoi was our first stop in Vietnam. We booked the honeymoon suite because it's really spacious for only $50/night. The staff especially the receptionists (Cherry, Jenny & Nancy) were all so welcoming and friendly plus they can speak good english. They helped us in everything. Our room was cleaned everyday and our complimentary fruits refilled everyday. The hotel is located right smack in the middle of the city centre (Old Quarters) but it's just amazingly peaceful to sleep at night. To show our gratitude, we gave the staff swiss chocolates as pre-christmas present before we left because we just love how they took care of us! Keep up the good work!

Brighton, Australia
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This review writing is normally part of my wifes duties, after our travels.However this time I was travelling with my 11 year old grandson.Just to re-iterate many previous reviews,it is the great friendly staff who make this such an enjoyable hotel to call"home" whilst visiting Hanoi.From the girls (Jenny,Cherry, Mai and Ha) who cheerfully answered my many email queries, before I even booked, V? who was our driver who collected us from the airport, (Na and Quynh) in the breakfast room,Henry and the security boys, nothing was ever a hassle.All this plus very comfortable beds, great wifi and computer terminal in the room, and courtesy fruit and water,.as well the location is so convenient, for whatever you wish to do in Hanoi. .Any time we returned from either a meal, or 3 days away in Sapa, ther was always time for a coool drink, and a chat. To Hanoi Holiday Diamond and Staff - Thanks.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Cologne, Germany
Reviewed December 10, 2012

My friend and me travelled to Vietnam last autumn and our first stop was Hanoi. After escaping some guys who wanted to trick us into their hotel we ran two hours through Hanoi searching for our prebooked hotel - without luck. Luck brought us to the Diamond hotel though where we went in to ask for help to fid this prebooked hote. The staff was incredible friendly and helpful. They made us sit down, gave us a drink, phoned the hotel (found out that it was renamed which was why we couldn't find it) and showed us how to get there. So when we finally made our way to the prebooked hotel and they told us they didn't receive our payment and wanted us to pay again we decided to go back to the friendly people at diamond hotel. They welcomed us warmly again and gave us an amazing room. The room was clean and very nicely furnished and the rate was alright, too. Also they gave us great tips for restaurants etc.. The hotel is situted right in the old town and it is great to explore the city from there. There might be places to stay which are less noisy but I don't think you will find them in the city centre.
We continued our three weeks Vietnam trip and when we came back to Hanoi after that to catch out flight back home we naturally came back to the place. It was a little like coming home and my friend and me both were totally amazed by the fact that they all rememberd us (even our names) and wanted to hear about our trip. We will make sure to stay at this hotel again when we go to Vietnam nxt time!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Farina H
West Midlands
Reviewed December 9, 2012

We only stayed 1 night - wished we could have stayed longer. Great hotel in the old quarter. Perfect for exploring.
The staff were extremely friendly, they remembered our names every time we came in and out and gave helpful, useful advice. Great breakfast too! Room was really nice and comfortable!
Thank you!