“A Friendly Place to Stay”

Hanoi Holiday Diamond Hotel
Ranked #54 of 588 Hotels in Hanoi
“A Friendly Place to Stay”
Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

This is a very nice hotel on the Old Quarter and is within walking distance of restaurants and shops. The rooms are a good size with very clean, comfortable beds. The breakfast is amazing with a large choice and asuch as you can eat. Don't pick the French toast unless you want sugar on it though ! The staff are all friendly and helpful with excellent English. This is definitely value for money and an enjoyable experience

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Israel
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I stayed at the Holiday Diamond Hotel in October and got an excellent personal service from the moment of stepping into the hotel's door.
The hotel is in an ideal location, in the heart of Hanoi's Old Quarter.
Courtesy of hotel service providers, without exception, is genuine, and gives a feeling of a very pleasant place to stay.
The hotel offers a variety of room levels. I chose a junior room type, and it answers all my expectations: The room was spacious enough and contains windows to the outside, daily 2 bottles of drinking water, daily fruit plate and Personal Computer with LCD monitor and internet cable.
Warm welcome at the hotel includes a glass of juice and refreshing towel, as well as other useful information by hotel friendly representative.
Breakfast was a choice of set menu, and for my opinion, it was actually buffet personally like: rich, fresh, variable, plentiful and tasty.
I booked through the hotel train tickets to Lao Cai (Sapa) and it waited for me in the reception when I arrived in the hotel.
The one extra mile (stars…) of this hotel is the service given by its young enthusiastic caring team, always with a big smile:
1. Hotel representative transported me to the train station, made the procedure of replacing the voucher with train ticket, and waited with me until verified that I had received the exact place I had booked.
2. I had planned to join a trip to Helong-Bay right after I get back from the village of Sapa to Hanoi (Three days after checking-out from hotel). Since the train should arrive at Hanoi around 5:00 am, and the trip to Helong-Bay due to leave at 8:00 am, I was offered by hotel representatives to return to the hotel for refreshing. I used this extraordinary generous invitation, arrived at the hotel I had already checked-out three days before, and received a nice comfort air-conditioned room for two hours for refreshment that was so needed.
3. I was also offered by the hotel to leave luggage in the hotel if I wish to travel light. This was a very thoughtful proposal to offer, however, I decided to take my backpack wherever I go.
Needless to say that for each of the three examples I have given here, the hotel did not ask for any charge.
I've been accommodated in 12 hotels during my trip to Vietnam, and this is one of the most unique ones.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 4 weeks during a trip I made for work. I have nothing but great things to say about this hotel. Regarding the service: staff is friendly, upbeat, and extremely helpful. They are always willing to help me find locations and provide me with information and connections to arrange my free time. They also made me feel at home during my 1 month there. I felt I was part of the family! The food in the restaurant is also great. The included breakfast is delicious and matched only by the great service of the waitresses who try hard to make your day pleasant and teach you some Vietnamese. The facilities are also very clean, and each day of my visit there, the cleaners would put fresh flowers in the bathroom and even folded my clothes and organized my closet.

Overall, I will always stay at this hotel in the future because they made me feel so comfortable and at home during my 1 month stay.

Thank you, Holiday Diamond!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Steven L
Reviewed October 19, 2012

A friend and I stayed here at the beginning of July. The staff were amazing, it was such a personal experience - they remembered our names and what we had been doing and were more than happy to help us in any way they could! My friend had hurt herself in a previous town and was on crutches most of our trip and the staff were lovely and helped us sort out some insurance (including emailing additional stuff to us when we got home!)

The rooms were perfect - the best we stayed in during our trip to Vietnam. It's also right in the Old Quarter so it was so easy to get to everything we wanted to see.

I've recommended this place several times to others - told them not to look anywhere else! Can't wait to head back to Hanoi and I'd never stay anywhere but this gorgeous little hotel!!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Location of hotel is really superb as it's in the heart of the Old Quarter shopping area, just minutes away walking distance to many important places to see. Front office staff is really friendly, helpful (they can even remember our names) and they even helped us to store our bags when we went to Halong Bay. Rooms are small but it's nice and the desktop computer provided is very helpful (internet is fast and reliable). Thanks again to Ms.Jenny, who arranged the tours for us.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank haryz86
Edinburgh Scotland
Reviewed October 18, 2012

My wife and i stayed at this hotel for 7 nights and was welcomed every time we returned after a long days outing with a smile, the staff were all very nice and i would recommend to every one.The position was in the center of the old town.Breakfast was very good.A lot of local restaurants to eat in in the evenings.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Hotel located in the historic part of the city, just minutes away walking from the most important places to see. Personnel is really nice, hotel is clean (rooms are a little bit small but ok), great breakfast. Personnel helped us a lot (saving our bags even when we were not staying with them after we came back from Halong Bay, helped us calling the airline and other places where we had some trouble, etc.). Recommended due to its great location and a good hotel for the price paid. We used the pickup service from the airport and worked perfectly. The only thing that we didn´t like is that they didn´t called a taxi for leaving to the airport since they wanted us to use theirs.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends