“Friendly Staff. Excellent Service. Superb Value. Surpassing Expectations. What more can you ask for?”

Hanoi Holiday Diamond Hotel
Ranked #59 of 599 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I made a trip to Hanoi from 15th July 2012 to 22nd July 2012 and decided to book Holiday Diamond Hotel after reading many fantastic reviews on Tripadvisor. I stayed in Halong Bay 1 night so that accounts for 6 nights in Holiday Diamond Hotel.

My experience with Holiday Diamond Hotel has nothing short of amazing given the US$25 that I paid for a night. From the booking of our hotel stay to the end of our stay, they have exceeded our expectations in every way. Allow me to share with you my wonderful experience.

1.Prompt Response, Excellent location

When we first booked our hotel with Holiday Diamond Hotel, their response was swift. We actually shortlisted a few hotels but they were slow in their response. However, Holiday Diamond Hotel replied us promptly. That showed their professionalism and enthusiasm. Secondly, a check on google map showed the hotel is located in close proximity to Old Quarters, where the main action of shopping and great food is located. (My favourate stall is the BBQ food stall along Ma May street, located just 3 minutes walk from our hotel. Go for the small BBQ stall just beside 47 Ma May street. They don’t have any signboard, but their beef and chicken is excellent and succulent. (There are 2 guys always pulling the crowds to eat at their stall. One of the guys wears a cap and an ear stud. ) The stall is quite small relative to others, but in this case, size of stall doesn’t matter. I am a sucker for good food, and if you want me to walk 30 minutes for great food, I would! What more 3 minutes away from my hotel? I feasted there twice. Describing it makes me salivate already!

2.Friendly Staff and Excellent Service:

When we arrived at Holiday Diamond Hotel on our first day, Jenny (the manager) warmly welcome us to the hotel. Subsequently, the reception staff (Jenny, Henry, Nancy, Cherry, Hue and Mai) would greet us and address us by our names. It’s amazing that they have taken the effort to remember our names despite new guests coming into the hotel and existing guests checking out every day. They always greet the guests with a smile, creating little conversations like how are you, where we went, etc to welcome us back to the hotel after a long day out. In fact, on the first day of checking in to the hotel, Hue (one of the staff) accompanied us to the room to give us an orientation of the room, facilities and amenities of the hotel, the wifi login and how to operate our hotel safe. They really went the extra mile for us and we could really feel their warm hospitality. On a few occasions, we had to trouble the hotel staff to call a taxi for us as we had difficulty in pronouncing some of the street names and my friend and I couldn’t speak a word of Vietnamese. The hotel staffs never complained whenever we sought their help. They were always smiling, always willing and happy to help.

3.Surpassing Expectations (Professional service, ready to tackle last minute changes):

Originally, we were supposed to stay 3D2N onboard Alova Gold Cruise from 18 July 2012 to 20 July 2012, before going back to Holiday Diamond to stay on the night of 20 July for 2 more nights. At the eleventh hour, we were told that Alova could only allow us to stay for 2D1N due to extenuating circumstances. We were very disappointed that Alova did this to us, so we called back Holiday Diamond and told them we would like to extend our stay on the night of 19 July. My friend quickly called Jenny (the manager) to arrange for an extension and our request was promptly met. It was amazing to know that when we went back to the hotel on 19 July, we found out that we were allocated to the same room we stayed during 15 July 2012 to 17 july 2012. (we didn’t stay on 18 july because we were in Halong Bay). We were delighted to obtain the same room because humans are creatures of habit and we felt at ease to see a familiar sleeping environment.

4.Great Food

Finally, I must say I enjoyed breakfast very much. For the 6 nights I stayed in Holiday Diamond Hotel, I would always eat their pho for breakfast every morning. The breakfast spread was pretty decent and their pho was superb. They used fresh ingredients and the soup base was perfect- tasty but not too salty. It is just right. You shouldn’t miss the pho should you decide to book your stay with them.

All in all, to sum up my 6 nights stay in Holiday Diamond Hotel is nothing short of amazing. In fact, I have to thank the previous reviewers because we have benefited greatly from their reviews to book our stay with Holiday Diamond Hotel. Just as how I have benefited from the tripadvisor reviews on Holiday Diamond Hotel, I am writing this so that others can benefit and make a more informed decision.

If you asked me which hotel I would book if I were to go back to Hanoi again, I would definitely go back to Holiday Diamond Hotel, no question asked.

Hope you would enjoy your stay in Holiday Diamond Hotel as I did with them.

Enjoy your stay in Hanoi! :)

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,986)

Reviewed July 20, 2012

After traveling around for almost 4 weeks in different places in Vietnam the personnel in Hanoi Holiday Diamond Hotel still remains as one of our greatest holiday memories in Vietnam. I can also recommend the hotel due to its central placing in the old part of Hanoi, the clean rooms with computer and the lovely breakfast (try the mango juice).

Our two boys Frederik and Emil still talk about Jenny, Tracy, Linn and the rest of the personnel who really took good care of them. They talked a lot to them and made them feel at home immediately. So if you go as a family this is a very good hotel.

Let me also give some other examples.

When we first time arrived at the hotel after a long flight Jenny showed her caring for us by talking to us about our travel and how we were doing. It is characteristic of the personnel they have always time for you and seems interested in you as a person and not just an other tourist. They are also always ready to help you.

They arranged our trips to Sapa and Halong Bay and found some good hotels, guides etc. with reasonable prices and they follwed up wheter we were satisfied.

When we came back from our boattrip in Halong Bay we had a very nice welcome and they had bought chocolate for our boys. Besides Nancy stood up 5 am so we should not sit alone in the hotel foyer- the hotel was fully booked. Otherwise we would have borrowed a room.

Overall it is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at. I think many other hotels and students interested in Servicemanagement and Tourism could learn much about how you in practice, create a competitive edge without investing a fortune. In the end people makes the big difference…

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Just a tremendous hotel! Clean, comfortable, with great A/C, a perfect location, and a lovely breakfast. But that doesn't even begin to get at how incredible this place is --- in the end, it all comes down to the staff. Our group of four were treated like kings, given first-rate help with every piece of our stay, and always greeted with the warmest of smiles and sincerest of hellos! Jenny -- you rock! Thanks for all your help.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 18, 2012 via mobile

This is the best hotel I have stayed in during my trip to southeast asia and I have been here six weeks already! The location is perfect, the staff is amazing, the rooms are small but clean and have nice decor, and the price is right. The staff is so helpful, they are fantastic- I have never experienced such great customer service. We also booked the sapa tour through time, which I highly recommend.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I stayed here for one week in June. I would echo what another reviewer said about the six star service at three star prices. The staff were outstanding. They were not only efficient but served us warmly with a great attitude. Every time I returned to the hotel after wandering around the old quarter I received such a warm welcome -- it was like having a welcoming committee. When I checked in, they noticed from my passport that my birthday was on the next day. I had such a wonderful surprise when I went back to my room at the end of the day. They had decorated it with balloons and gave me some lovely flowers and a birthday cake. I think that is really 'going the extra mile'. It was so kind of them. On my last day, I had to leave very early in the morning so they offered me an early breakfast and insisted on going with me to cross the street and stand on the corner with me while I waited for the person who was going to take me to the airport. I had a 'holiday' room which was a bit bigger than the standard room and liked the room. The shower was excellent as the water was hot and the pressure was good. The breakfast was good, especially the hot pho noodles that can be ordered. Each day a fruit plate was delivered to the room so it was great to try the interesting fruits, some of wihch I had never seen before. Thank you to Nancy, Hue and all the staff. All in all, a wonderful hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Our family stayed at the Holiday Diamond Hotel with a group of 10 others, on the way to and from Cao Bang. We were so impressed with all the staff's helpfulness and friendliness. And the hotel itself is absolutely beautiful and situated in the most awesome position of the Old Quarters of Hanoi. We have a family of 5 and they were so accommodating to our needs. All our group were looking forward to returning to Hanoi to stay at the Holiday Diamond Hotel, they especially loved the breakfast!!! We definitely look forward to returning!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 13, 2012

We choose this hotel because of the great reviews on trip advisor and were not disapointed.
from the minute we walked in the staff greeted us like long lost friends, they were incredibly friendly and helpful. We had not prebooked our train tickets but Jenny happily did it for us, and even organised the lift to and free the train station for free
The hotel was lovely as well, with big tv's and the plus of having a computer in the room.
Would definately stay here again and recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple