“Excellent service”

Ranked #49 of 581 Hotels in Hanoi
Singapore, Singapore
“Excellent service”
Reviewed April 5, 2012

I highly recommend this hotel to any travellers to Hanoi. It is clean, affordable and the service is fantastic. I love the rooms which are equipped with wi-fi and computers and many cable channels. With the central location of this hotel, we were able to travel through Hanoi with ease.

1 Thank Nash204

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Bekasi, Jawa Barat, Indonesia
Reviewed April 4, 2012

I book three nights with this hotel and it was great! I booked directly though the hotel's website and they gave me free one way airport pick-up. When I arrived, the staff warmly welcome me. They gave me drink while my booking were being processed and then Ms. Cherry guided me to my room. The room was bright and clean. The computer inside my room allowed me to stay connected with my friends through internet. It was very convenient. What I love is they never push me to take any tour from them. Every time I went back to the hotel after touring or just walking around the city the staff will greeted me with smile and asked about my trip, and even told me where to buy lotus tea which I really want to bring as souvenir. I went there and get a good bargain, all thanks to their tip. On my last day there, Ms. Tracy accompany me while I'm waiting for my pick up to airport, and then they help me with my baggage and escort me to the car. I agree with the other reviewer, those staff should get a raise. I had a great stay in Hanoi thanks to the staff of Holiday Diamond Hotel. Great room and excellent service is what I think make this hotel an A+. Hope I can stay there again when I re-visited Hanoi.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed April 3, 2012

I booked this hotel for two couples travelling together in March 2012, as friends had stayed at one of its associated hotels,and the Trip Adviser rating was high. The Diamond really exceeded my expectations. The room was adequately furnished with a usable bathroom. It was at the front of the hotel so had a street view, but no noise as the windows were double glazed, and the room air conditioned. The breakfast was very good - I tried my first Pho there and it was excellent! I cannot speak too highly of Jenny and all the staff - they organised trips, checked other bookings, and generally made our stay in Ha Noi a great experience. Located in the old town, the hotel was well placed for shopping, walking the streets and general tourist activity. Plenty of places to eat nearby - the Pineapple, Ladybird and Blue Butterfly for example.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front - the windows are double glazed and the rooms quite large. Room 301 has...
Brisbane
Reviewed April 3, 2012

I booked 4 nights at this hotel due to all the great comments I read on TA. I was not disappointed! My partner and I arrived in the afternoon and were greeted by all the staff with welcome drinks. We were taken to our room which was very small but clean. It had everything we needed and the PC was so handy.
I had corresponded with Jenny before we arrived and she booked our trip to Sapa for us. We also booked a trip to Halong Bay through the hotel which was great! Staff were so helpful with recommended places to see and eat- we were never disappointed. They always remembered our names which was a nice touch.
The thing that really stood out to us was when we arrived back from Sapa on the train at 5am, one of the bell boys came and met us and paid for our taxi back to the hotel. We weren't guests at the hotel anymore as we were flying to Phuket that afternoon. We were so tired from the train so they gave us breakfast and let us rest in a room until our taxi came to pick us up. When I offered to pay they insisted "No no no, free of charge" We were blown away.
I cannot recommend this hotel anymore!!! Thank you to the staff at Hanoi Holiday Diamond Hotel for truly making our stay in Hanoi 5 star!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Kunming, China
Reviewed April 2, 2012

The hotel staff are genuinely friendly and called me on a first-name basis. They also quickly arranged a good one-day tour of Halong Bay, and were always willing to help with suggestions for other touristy things to do in Hanoi. Breakfast was very good, buffet style, and with a variety of hot food served every morning. I opted for a quiet room in the back on a higher floor; it looked out onto an interior neighborhood courtyard - I had great sleep while I was there. Just watch out for pickpockets in the vicinity; they target foreign tourists and I nearly got my wallet stolen.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 31, 2012

I can't say enough about how nice and friendly the hotel staff at the Holiday Diamond is. By the second day of our 4 night stay (not nearly enough time here, by the way) we felt like family. They were genuinely interested in our days and made sure to ask us our plans or if we enjoyed our day every time we left or returned to the hotel. The young and enthusiastic staff made our day, no matter how tired we were after a long day of exploring Hanoi.

The hotel was very clean and quiet, situated in a relatively quiet corner of the Old Quarter, but within walking distance of all the nearby sights. The flat screen worked great, with English language television programming, and a PC was included, with free wifi at a sufficient enough speed. The included breakfast buffet was excellent, with a different variety of food offered everyday, including fresh made noodle dishes you need to order from the staff behind the breakfast counter.

I'd give this hotel a 5 star review on merits alone, but it's the staff that really makes the difference here. We read other reviews on TA about the great staff, and based most of our decision on these reviews. I'm glad we did, for these reviews were spot on. If, and when I return to Hanoi, I will be sure to come back to the Holiday Diamond.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the higher floors to avoid the morning noise, what little there is.
Singapore
Reviewed March 31, 2012

Hanoi Holiday Diamond is one of the best hotels that I have ever stayed in. Regardless of what time of the day, the front line staffs are always chirpy and they speak fluent English. Not only are they friendly and helpful, they are accommodating and provide excellent service. They know all of us by names, which is awesome! This is the first hotel I’ve stayed in that remembers our names, and chat with us during the day. I feel at home with their excellent hospitality. Before we reached, I have been communicating via the email with Cherry and seek her assistance. Her mails are prompt, and I felt very assuring. Thumbs up Cherry and team!