“Excellent food!”

Ranked #72 of 2,443 Restaurants in Hanoi
Cuisines: International, Healthy, Cafe
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Social Club is an oasis in a quiet laneway in the heart of Hanoi, serving excellent coffee and tea, and hearty meals, including a wide range of vegetarian choices. Come and enjoy this creative space (including our terrace garden) and relaxed vibe, day or night. Regular live music events - check our facebook page!
Reviewed August 14, 2014

The breakfast here is absolutely amazing. Quinoa porridge, Bircher muesli and the French toast were all the best breakfast food I had in Hanoi. For dinner, the pumpkin salad is delicious as well as the roti veggie wrap. Great flavors, high quality food, and pretty decent service. The Main dishes I had were 100-140K dong so higher on the price but well worth it in my opinion!!

Reviewed August 12, 2014

We needed a break from eating street food at tiny little tables and chairs, so we ventured to The Hanoi Social Club.

The atmosphere and decor are wonderful, so interesting and colourful. You can sit on armchairs, or at a table.

The menu is completely in English (there is a Vietnamese version at the back). I had the veggie burger with pumpkin, yoghurt sauce and mango chutney. One of my friends had puttanesca and the other a quinoa and courgette salad, which was a bit too light on the courgette. We all enjoyed our meals enough to decide to have desserts, which were also tasty. I had a trendy "bliss ball" - not really a dessert, more of a healthy-but-chocolatey energy kick.

We spent between 150,000vnd and 210,000vnd each, and we were drinking tap water. We definitely could have eaten for less elsewhere in Hanoi, but didn't really want to!

Unfortunately, the waitresses were awful. One of our meals arrived 10 minutes after the other, with no explanation or apology. It was almost impossible to grab their attention while they sat on their phones in the corner. They weren't friendly and barely said goodbye when we left. However, this seemed to be the standard of customer service across Hanoi.

Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

I absolutely loved being here. Came back several times.
The drinks are great and different from the other drinks you can order in Vietnam.

What I also really enjoyed was the atmosphere. Really relaxed and the staff was friendly and not pushy, quite a relieve from what I've been experiencing in Vietnam.

The options of food is really nice, since it's so different from all the other restaurants. They had a great salad with quinoa. Also the roasted pumpkin salad was tasty.
I know it's Western, but I really needed that after all the rice and noodles! ;)

Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

An absolutely gorgeous cafe with a beautiful menu. Tasteful interior with a quaint atmosphere. One of my favourite spots in Hanoi!

Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

Delicious vegan and vegetarian dishes. Great atmosphere too- they had musicians singing and playing guitars in the afternoon. Mix of locals, expats, and backpackers. Great place to have a coffee and read.

2  Thank hclen