Review of Indochina Pioneer

Indochina Pioneer
Ranked #36 of 861 Tours in Hanoi
More attraction details
Owner description: Indochina Pioneer Co., Ltd is a fully licensed Vietnamese International Tour Operator who offers personally customized package tours all over Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos. Whether you are part of a group tour or on a tailor made itinerary, our staff both in the offices and out in the field will ensure that your every need is catered for. At Indochina Pioneer we believe passionately in the ethos of customer service and care.
Reviewed October 4, 2011

Just returned from 16 day tour, weather wasn't kind approaching wet season so quite a few wet days. We had 4 tour guides, one was very good the others were too intent on giving us very old history and had no regard for the discomfort of traipsing through rain to look at old monuments. Wouldn't recommend that you do the train trip from Hue to Hanoi, 13+ hours of rocking & rolling! All hotels were comfortable. Cooking class was hilarious.
All in all a good trip, but if you are not a good walker or find it hard to jump into various small boats then re-think this kind of trip

3  Thank Maureen S
in 7 reviews
"like clockwork"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed October 1, 2011

I have read reviews of other travellers who have used ICP I am happy to find that we are not alone in praise of this great tour company and staff.We experienced the same personalised attention and professionalism right through out our tour. I had looked at brochures of different tours through out indochina but could not get excited or happy with the results.I found ICP on the web the tours were exactly what I was after I could change or tailor the tour to my needs.All the information regarding visas,medical, tips etc were very well covered and we had a very good idea before leaving Australia.Our tour was for 21days (vietnam, Cambodia,Laos) I was given a list of the Hotels with web sites before leaving so I look at all of these and the reviews on tripadviser and was very happy with the result.There were many highlights on our tour the homestay,at MaiChau,Farm visit at Hoian,Buddhist Nunnery for lunch were some of the memories.Hanoi,and Laos were quite special as were the people we meet along the way, so warm,kind and friendly.These are magical places to see and experience, we have come away with some beautiful memories of all these lovely countries and people.Indochina Pioneer has set a very high standard for others to follow. Thankyou Lam for the memories.

8  Thank Casper960
Reviewed September 6, 2011

Having had a passion to travel to Vietnam for many years I finally decided that this year was the year i'd finally get there. Roping the partner along for the ride I researched and wrote down all the sights I wanted to see and places to visit and hoped to fit as many as possible into two weeks as that was all we were able to have off work. Having stumbled in Indochina Pioneer online I sent in a query (as I did with a few companies) to see what sort of itinerary and prices I could get for a bespoke private tour. Indochina were by far the friendliest, easiest to talk to and gave me a great service on a personal level, I felt I knew the country and the staff even before we arrived! At every stop there was a friendly face and the guides we had were all really passionate about their work and made us feel special and welcome in their country. They changed the timings of some tours to suit us and it was just fantastic to bypass loads of other tour groups with our own guide/transport to make a truly memorable holiday. We did everything we wanted to (which was a lot! 6 places in two weeks) and got lots of advice and help. I felt safe and comfortable at all times. One of the hotels we were due to stay at was under going refurbishment in the lobby so we got a free upgrade to another hotel! We were informed and asked our opinions before this was done and just felt so refreshing to be asked than than be told something was happening. We were given restaurant recommendations, help with finding shopping and checked on to make sure everything was going ok. Thank you so much for making such a great experience for us. Do not hesitate in the slightest to recommend these guys.

6  Thank Kat M
Reviewed August 12, 2011

This was one of the best holidays we have ever had. From the first email to the last everything was done to perfection. We were met from our cruise ship with wonderful friendly tour guides who knew and told us everything we needed to know about our tour. This was a second visit back to Vietnam for my husband who served there many years before so it was wonderful for him to see how things have changed. Nothing was too much trouble for our tour guides and they even took the time to show us the best place to shop . We could not fault anything about our tours and we would recommend this super friendly Tour Company to all with no hesitation. Thank you so much Tung for all your time and research. It was an absolute pleasure. Jan and John Australia

5  Thank Jan C
See more reviews
Reviewed August 4, 2011

This is a new Vietnamese company organised by a young Vietnamese family man who has spent time in Australia and is totally in tune with the demands and expectations of someone who has never visited Vietnam before.
We corresponded extensively before booking the trip and were given lots of suggestions and alternatives to this tailor made holiday. We started in Hanoi where we were met at the airport and taken to our Hotel as a couple. The guides have a good grasp of English and extensive knowledge of their country. We went to Halong bay for an enchanting night on a boat, to Hue, Hoi An , Saigon and to Siam Reap. All the Hotels chosen were in the heart of every attraction. I could not have chosen better. We had many guides and drivers and and found that the whole experience flowed seamlessly and without any problem. We were phoned up at least for times to check up on our progress and how we felt about the trip. The manager is clearly very keen to make a success of his business and I can confirm that he has done this.
We have experienced Vietanam on a very personal level and feel that we could not have had a bette experience. There were many meals provided for us and the restaurants and stops chosen were outstanding.
I would recommend that you check out Indochina Pioneer as a very reasonably priced and safe company to deal with.

9  Thank Rawson-Gill