“Why so famous??”
Review of Kem Trang Tien

Kem Trang Tien
Ranked #12 of 79 Dessert in Hanoi
Description: This is the local ice cream shop in Hanoi it is very famous.
Description: This is the local ice cream shop in Hanoi it is very famous.
Reviewed November 27, 2012

This place is a very famous ice cream shop in Hanoi. It seems it also has branches (or just copy shops?). Anyway, I do not know why this shop is soooooo famous and crowded with locals. I could not really find the reasons. Probably really good ice creams are still a dream for most of the average Vietnamese?

There are newer reviews for Kem Trang Tien

Reviewed October 23, 2012

I still remember the taste of Trang Tien Ice Cream 10 years ago, really smooth and not too sweet as it is today. The restaurant is located in a small and crowded street which is not really convenient because I went there by motorbike. However, this is still a cultural feature of Hanoi, then many people want to come here, to try it or to recall something they tasted years ago just like me.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

I have been going here since I was child and always will but people should know its very crowded and dirty now. The ice cream tastes the same, very sweet like me :-P but atmosphere too loud and crowded with dirt. Sadly reminds of Hanoi now too many people, too dirty not like peaceful before.

1  Thank Ly P
Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

The icecream is not good and getting worse by years
Too crowded and not clean
You have to stand in a dark, close place, crowd and noise to eat An icecream:(

Reviewed June 23, 2012

I don't get how any ice cream lover can give this anything less than 5 stars! It is such a fascinating place to check out as it is always packed with locals all time of day, and it is like no other ice cream experience you will have. Then, the ice cream itself is delicious and so amazingly cheap. I had both a bar and a cone on my first visit, and went back a second time as well. I like the white (coconut?) flavor so didn't try anything else. I was told by others to avoid the soft serve and stick to either the fresh bars or the cones. I also never tried the bars pre-packaged in plastic because that seemed like such a waste.