“Beware”
Review of Luxe Hotel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hanoi
Luxe Hotel
Ranked #274 of 662 Hanoi B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 1, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for one night and it's sister hotel, the Wings, both hotels are fine, the issue is the travel agency at both hotels, we were told by the staff that the only way to get to Ninh Binh was to go by mini bus for 14 dollar which we paid, a two hour journey took 6hour because it was a tour trip that had empty seats on it, we were dropped off 30 minutes walk from the town centre because the bus was going else where, it cost 6 dollar to get back..worst of all was the trip to Halong Bay, we paid top dollar for a superior boat for a 3 day 2 night trip, we actually got on the boat at 4 pm the first day, it was not the boat we had paid for but a substandard dangerous boat, the wooden decking was rotten, we were to.d nothing but lies by the tour organizer, we eventually got our money refunded after demanding they turn the boat around and take us back to the harbour, we're we were just left to make our own way back to Hanoi. I would seriously recommend you DO NOT use these travel agents, if you do do not believe a word you are told and the best of luck.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 7, 2012

I had friends arrive here before I did so they arranged to have me picked up from my bus the following day, the manager (can't remember his name) picked me up as arranged, no fee as usual. Room was good, all the usuals, tv, air con, big bed, double doors onto courtyard etc etc all for $16 a night.

I booked two tours, one to Sapa and one to Halong Bay, both were great but be sure to haggle on the price, as with most things in Vietnam, its negotiable, got $40 off the Sapa trip, thats a lot! Also got them to book my flight back to HCMC for my connection home, no hassle here either.

Breakfast is basic enough, the 'chef' is unfamiliar with the difference between omlette and fried eggs but this made for much amusement with the guests.

My birthday just happened to fall during my stay in Hanoi and the manager insisted on having a party for me which he duly laid out in the hotel, all great local food and he even gave me a bottle of wine, we just supplied the beer and my three aussie and two english friends had a good laugh thanks to them all!

By the way, great coffee bean place just up the street on the way to the lake, bought weasel coffee there and the hotel was more than willing to grind and brew it for me. Overall a great time spent in Vietnam, can't say it was the best part of Vietnam (that's reserved for Hoi-An) but it was a close second, thanks to all! Also, if the manager is reading this, I meant to leave you my sunglasses which you loved, maybe next time!!!

Room Tip: Higher rooms have a poorer Aircon system and also no elevator, get a low room if possible.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed February 16, 2012

We booked the hotel not really knowing what to expect. I must say that we were generally happy with our stay and we had a good experience with the staff. We stayed for a total of 5 nights with a trip to Ha Long Bay and Sapa breaking up our stay in the middle. We booked the tours with the hotel and were more than happy to do this. Despite some of the other reviews not happy with being asked for tours, it was probably the best thing we did. And yes, we genuinely felt like they cared about us having the best experience. Which we did!
I would say that the rooms are average, but when talking to other travellers they said that the quality of the room was much better than other hotels of the same price, plus breakfast is included. So I think that perhaps I'm just being a little precious, as they were clean, and very spacious. Plus there is free wifi in the rooms and computers in the lobby for guests to use all free of charge.
If you are thinking of staying here, I don't think you would be disappointed and they were more than accommodating with us for our requests. Also, a tip is book your tours directly through the hotel, I really think that they will give you the best possible rate on the best available tours. While we were there we know of a few people who did a lot of shopping around for tours all for the sake of trying to save a couple of dollars. My advice, book through the hotel and save your time for seeing the sights of Hanoi and savouring the local food!

Room Tip: We stayed in rooms 404 before our tours and room 403 when we returned. i would say by far 403 is the...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 14, 2012

Not a bad place for $12 dollars but could ave been better. The rooms are ok but not as nice as the pictures show. Also had problems with the water in our bathroom. Had to ask everytime we wanted it on. I think the whole hotel had a problem so it may not have been thier fault. They did fix it to be fair!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2012

So, I had two bookings for this hotel, one before and one after my trip to Ha Giang. The first time, they said that there was no room available and walked me to another hotel (Wing Hotel) but it was also full so I was taken (by motorbike) to a crappy hostel (Hoa Duong Hotel). I was tired and accepted it anyway. After the trip, me and my partner checked back into Luxe Hotel, but after just one day, they ordered us to change room. The new room was on the 4th floor and with a creepy ALTA right in front of our door!!! In addition, the receptionist's attitude was arrogant and impolite. We were so pissed that we demanded our money back and leave. We then stayed at Red River Hotel (at No 85 Thuoc Bac Str.) which was a million times better. Yeah, Luxe Hotel, shame on you!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Trang P
Reviewed October 27, 2011

The rooms are clean enough but the staff hassle you everytime you pass reception from the moment you check in to leaving the hotel about booking trips with them, breakfast is included between 7-10am but its very poor and if your not there before 9.30 they won't serve you. There trips are over priced and they don't book what you want, we found this when we wanted to book a specific trip, they said they had booked what we wanted and it was not until later when we asked more questions about the trip that we realised they had booked the trip they had been pushing on us for 3 days not what we wanted. We also had laundry done with the hotel and they lost an item of clothing, we reported this immediately and they said they'd sort it out. We asked for the following 3 days and they kept saying they were dealing with it, when we came to check out they said we did not report it and it was not there responsibility! I did not pay for the laundry but $2 does not cover the cost of a $50 item. If being hassled everyday doesn't bother you and you don't book trips or do laundry then its ok.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank leah87
Reviewed September 14, 2011

I stayed at the Luxe for a little over 3 weeks and don't have enough great things to say about it. I worked in Hanoi for two months this summer and stayed at quite a few hotel. The Luxe is hands down the nicest, friendliest, and cheapest hotel I stayed in. The hotel was recently refurbished and the rooms are very nice, stylish, and clean. All have A/C, fridge, and blazing internet (they upgraded their internet service while I was there).

All of the staff is wonderful - very friendly and helpful. I had food poisoning and had to be rushed to the hospital on evening - they came to the hospital with me and checked up on me the next couple of days to make sure I was ok.

Good location - walking distance to the Lake but on a quiet street so a bit out of the Hanoi. madness.

If you're headed to Hanoi, definitely check out the Luxe!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business