“So much potential but disappointing”
Review of Ha Noi Apple Hotel

Ha Noi Apple Hotel
Ranked #415 of 603 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Apple.

First important note. Do not do your laundry with this hotel. It is relatively expensive, we gave them a purely white wash and came back with about 5 items ruined. When I went down and asked what happened they informed me it went to a factory and gets bulk washed. They also put tags on every item which annoyingly puts holes in each item, and if not they draw on the labels to mark it. I did tell them about my dissatisfaction and she apologised. I would liked some compensation however didn't expect any.

Our first nights was in fantastic room, clean, spacious Great shower. (Room 203) the 'customer service manger' / sales man, caught us almost instantly on out first night about tours and excursions. Although very informative was slightly pushy and full on. .. We didn't instantly book went away and did some research on halong bay tours, when we came back and told him about other deals we liked, he came up with some much better offers and we where happy with the one we went on in the end.

When we returned from halong bay, we went to a different room, despite asking for the same one again. This room was not as nice what so ever. It was at the front of the building so had some noise, but this is expected. It didn't smell nice and on inspection had a real damp problem. We did complain and to be fair they really did care, and try and make us happy, all the rooms on the back of the hotel where taken, we moved to another room which was better, but still a damp problem on all of the rooms. The owner in reception / manger seemed genuinely con entered and asked us if we where happy, he did confess he knew of the damp problem.

My advise would be have less 'managers' sat in reception and have them regularly clean the rooms walls and address e problem. Staff where generally helpful, and have to mention porter / bell boy, he was a grafter and seemed to do more work than the other staff put together, he constantly was opening doors, helping with bags, helped us change rooms, our safe didn't work so he changed it, didn't really speak English but was extremely helpful!

Location was very good and central.

Would we stay here again? No, because it's very competitive around this price bracket. But we write this review constructively as the hotel could be so much better.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

Lovely little hotel right in the old town.. cute little rooms and lovely service. Only let down is the ultra oily breakfast.. but6t what can u expect at this price.. aim for something vietnamese or head to one of the many little eats nearby. Greatly helpful with booking onward travel and activities.. recommended to all.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed December 2, 2013

This is a great place to stay at, especially if you want to flavor the local food, culture and the fabric of living in Hanoi. The hotel is absolute value for money, good comfortable rooms and very clean nice toilets. When you step out of the hotel, It is in the middle of the market places. You could start walking in any direction and discover the old quarter in its entirety. Just ask the hotel reception desk for a walkabout map, and make your way to the Ho guam lake and turtle tower. Take a different route every time and you get to see all action on the streets- from artists, to food, to art, touristy stuff, buying curios, keepsakes, relics...
Lots of restaurants and pubs/bars along they way, if you get tired, just get one of those amazing foot massages by the street anywhere. Most of the revenue for the locals is from tourists, so except food and drinks try and get a good bargain everywhere, even your foot massages :) tell them a friend paid lesser when he/she was here earlier. Have fun exploring the old parts of the city. Cheers!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Cryptili
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

An extremely warm welcome from the minute we arrived at Apple Hotel. The hotel staff were very knowledgeable and were happy to provide directions to the cities sites with maps they provide. They also booked us taxis to ensure we paid the correct price!

The room was very clean, lovely comfy bed, tv with many channels and a big shower room ! Also a mini bar stocked up if you fancy a beer or some snacks.

Breakfast was included and was delicious ! Choice of eggs, sausage, bacon, toast and fruit with a section of drinks too.

Hotel was really close to all the sites and only a few minutes walk to the amazing night market ! Some great bars and restaurants near by too.

Really enjoyed our stay in a peaceful hotel amongst the chaos of Hanoi!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mhl123
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I arrived at Apple Hotel with a reservation at 9am. I had requested early check-in, and it was no problem. What struck me most about this hotel was that the rooms look exactly like the pictures, which is rare. The atmosphere of the room is really nice, I enjoyed staying somewhere with decent wooden floors and furniture. Having said that, we had some difficulty getting hot water and internet up and running, and initially my air conditioner wouldn't turn on, but by around the 2-hour mark everything was running smoothly.

The bed was super comfortable, and the water was very hot with good strong pressure. The internet was solid and never gave me any trouble. All in all, a good experience.

The location was decent, if a bit out of the way. It's a 3-minute walk from the Hanoi Backpackers' Hostel, which was where I ate the majority of my meals. Other than inside the hostel I didn't see any other Westerners in the area.

Room Tip: Get the deluxe, if you can. For me it was only $1 more than the standard, and well worth it.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Mark C
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We went to Hanoi this year in september and stayed at the apple hotel in september. The hotel is very nice located and the service is perfect. We realy liked the breakfast which is included. We traveld through vietnam for one month and this has been the best breakfast in a hotel. Best thing about the hotel is the very friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank zulu87
Reviewed November 9, 2013

We arrived in Hanoi Apple after our trip to HCMC. Everything went smoothly with airport pick up and check in and we had an overall great stay at Apple Hotel. For $20/night, the hotel was absolutely great. But still, for $20/night, you keep your expectations anchored in a reasonable place. The hotel was straightforward and had everything we needed: clean beds/bathroom, responsive staff, solid wifi and ac. But it wasn't as perfect as some reviews suggest; the beds were a bit hard for my liking, they had to move us once, the electricity went out for a few hours. I have no major complaints about my stay at Apple hotel--how could I for the price I was paying?--but it wasn't perfect. Location-wise, the street was quiet at night and lively during the day. We were close to the lake and a lot of good restaurants - location was awesome. I would definitely recommend Hanoi Apple to folks traveling to Hanoi, but keep your expectations reasonable.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends