“beautifull room but thin ceiling”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Ha Noi Apple Hotel

Ha Noi Apple Hotel
Ranked #398 of 578 Hotels in Hanoi
Siem Reap, Cambodia
“beautifull room but thin ceiling”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

I stayed 2 nights at the apple hotel in hanoi,I was shown the room and was charged $20.00 walk in price.
The room was large,had security card swipe lock,huge double bed ( 2 singles put togther ),t.v ( flat screen on the wall ) ,fridge,air con,coffee making in the room +snacks.
The bathrom was large and clean with walk in shower.
The furniture was modern. For the price I was delighted and very happy.
The problem came in the evening when the person/ persons came back form their day out in the room above me. The noise was shocking,like a herd of elephants,terrible.
On inspection of the ceiling,it was madem of a thin sheet of ply wood,I could press it up with my index finger. I went down and complained. They said I could change rooms the next day....fine.
Had a day trip booked though,a long day but good booked threw the best tourist agent in hanoi called adventure indochina travel, 1 hang bang st 110% helpfull.
Anyway came back from the trip ay 18.30,tied. I asked if I had a different room,spoke to the manager, he said '' no room tonight,maybe tomorrow. I thought,yeah right.
So another noisy night,a real shame as the rooms are first class for the price.

Room Tip: ceilings in rooms are thin ply sheeting.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

We stayed at the Apple Hotel for four nights and were very impressed by the level of service offered by the staff. Ms Anna and her team were incredible and really what makes this hotel what it is. Nothing is too much trouble and they are very friendly and helpful.

The location is also great - seconds away from all of the action of the Old Town with street food stalls, shopping, bars, restaurants all on it's doorstep (literally!).

Only a couple of very minor things that stopped us from giving it an Excellent score for example although the room was cleaned every day, the new towels looked dirty, they forgot to give us any toilet roll etc. Very minor things though, but it is these attentions to detail that make a hotel Excellent. We have stayed at other hotels in Vietnam which are cheaper and where everything was 100% perfect.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank NickCharlieCullen
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

Hanoi Apple Hotel is one of the best hotels in Hanoi Old Quarter. The hotel is centrally located in the Old Quarter where you can reach many local attractions easily, especially the Hoan Kiem Lake and Ngoc Son Temple, about 5 minutes walk.

I had such a fantastic stay at the hotel that I would highly recommend it to anybody who prefers coziness, cleanliness and privacy. The best thing about the hotel is its staff. I was surprised at how much they care for their guests. We were welcomed and served with smile and hospitality. They were willing to help even before we requested. I think they have been well trained to offer the best service in bid to compete with a growing number of hotels in town.

The breakfast was just okay. I mean good enough, but I didn't have breakfast as I prefer the local food sold on pavement on every corner of the Old Quarter.

In short, Hanoi Apple Hotel is highly recommended due to its reasonable price, prime location, cleanliness, cozy ambience, nice decor, and most importantly attentive staff. It has almost everything you need for a wonderful stay at one of the largest and most beautiful cities in Vietnam. I would definitely choose this hotel again for my next trip to Hanoi.

Room Tip: Choose rooms that have large window
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank xuanhiep
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

The Apple hotel staff greeted us with a warm welcome upon arrival. Having just got off the train from Da Nang, we were tired and wanted a hot shower right away. Even though it was 2 hours before check-in time, the staff accommodated us immediately. They provided extraordinary customer service throughout our entire stay.

Rooms at the hotel are very clean and the cozy bed made for a comfortable night sleep. The bathroom was a good size and had a shower stall-which I loved!!! There was also plenty of hot water and a monsoon shower head. Wi-Fi was great in our room for the most part. The Internet went down in the entire hotel one night during our stay but I just chalked it up to stuff happens.

The hotel is located in the bustling Old Quarter district. Really good restaurants are in walking distance and the lake is close by. I don't think the museums were any further then a 20-25 minute walk. Walking is usually the best way to experience the city, anyway.

One bit of advice: book your adventures through the hotel. Anna, who sells the tourist packages, speaks excellent English and the prices she offers are great. She booked a weekend Halong Bay cruise for us and we had a wonderful time. She explained the offers in great detail and gave us time to make a decision. After talking with other tourists on the Halong Bay cruise, we confirmed that Anna got us a great deal on our tickets.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Kerry F
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

My Mother and I stayed in Apple Hotel for 4 nights, the staff was very accommodating and provided excellent service, our room & toilet was always clean, they change the towels everyday (fresh & clean). Another thing I liked about this hotel was their location, which is nestled in the OLD QUARTERS, food stalls, shopping stalls are near this hotel. Breakfast was included when we booked our room via Agoda. Wifi connection wasn't that good as we stayed on the first floor but the overall experience was excellent. They even surprised me with a birthday cake :) nice staff!

Room Tip: Choose rooms on the back side of the hotel, it may not have city view but it's much quieter than...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank JonaJarvik
New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

nice, friendly helpful staff
rooms have everything you need (except plugs) and are clean
breakfast was a small selection but very nice, cant complain
i think value for money this hotel is tops, 1 complaint, on Agoda someone went throgh and ticked all the boxes, fitness centre etc, they don't have
smoking in the hotel wasnt great especially when people smoking in the corridor instead of their rooms, i know this is hard to control when it comes to guests

Room Tip: actually twin room worked out better than double as further away from elevator, but unsure if its li...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
6 Thank Dion h
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

I stayed here for a couple of nights. The hotel is located in the downtown, if you like this kind of stuff. The staff is super nice and helpful, they clean rooms every day, changing sheets and washing everything really well. Maybe not the best wi-fi connection, but it works most of the time; and it's quite a common problem in Vietnam.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo