“It looks like the move to a new location has not helped ...”
Review of Luna d'Autunno

Luna d'Autunno
Ranked #1,934 of 2,561 Restaurants in Hanoi
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Luna d'Autunno continues to honor our founder's vision with every meal we serve. Our signature is Traditional Italian recipes whose elegance and simplicity showcases the unbeatable flavors of our ingredients. Our new location, opened in 2014, offers a choice of seating including indoor and outdoor tables to meet your fine dining needs.
Reviewed June 23, 2014

You do of course have to make your own mind up about this; but my amateur sleuthing suggests that this 'used to be' a great restaurant and 'is now' a bit more average; based around the old and new locations of the restaurant.

We ate here in January and it was the first week of the new location (it helpfully wasn't updated on the trip advisor map, but we managed to find it anyway .. can't remember how) ...

The new location is a pleasant environment with a nice balcony on the upper level; plenty of fans and the heat was good. The food was 'ok' we had the pizzas and it wasn't offensive; but the kind you would expect from any chain pizza place and didn't have the 'something special' we were expecting based on previous reviews (please note - I don't profess to be a world expert on pizza, but I like them thin-crusted, evenly-cooked and with plenty of toppings) - although the 'Italian' ingredients (ham, mushrooms etc.) did taste pretty authentic. I can't say too much about the ambience as we were the only people there (lunchtime) - maybe due to the move?

The service again was fine and the prices reasonable - we did however wait a long time for our change (we were the only people in there) - my cynical side might suggest they were waiting for us to give up / forget and leave ...

2  Thank AndyS100

Reviewed June 14, 2014

I prefer the old Luna; in terms of the location; the atmosphere and the service. The food is not attractive enough for me to come back there frequently; even though I am addicted to Italian food

3  Thank Thu Giang T
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Just recently dined at this once great restaurant. Since then this restaurant has changed dramaticall to say the least. The prices are expensive but the service and the quality of the food as since been downgraded. I am not quite sure what happen to this fine establisment. Maybe, new management is the reason. I don't recognized any of the faces of the staff from last time. I ordered the traditional spagetti pasta with matricia sauce and pancetta. I got vietnamese bacon as oppose to Italian pancetta. The bread served was cold and stale maybe cooked 2 days ago. This once premier restaurant is on its way down. I recommend other Italian restaurants in Hanoi. Staff was friendly spoke good English and was somewhat attentive. Service wasn't too bad--ambiance was great. Prices were extremely high for this venue even though they advertised authenic Italian food. I spent about $40 usd or 800,000 Vietnam Dong for soup, salad, beer, and pasta entree.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

I used to be a regular of this place when I was living in Hanoi back in 2009 at the other locations.

I went yesterday and everything has changed. Food is not as good, service is not as good, and the owners who used to be there and control are not visible anymore. The result is an average product that is obviously running down. I'm sure there's better options for pizza in Hanoi.

2  Thank eddiecreagh
Reviewed May 1, 2014

I've been to Luna several times in the last 2 locations, and it's product is on the decline, as far as I'm concerned. In the past, I thought Luna had the best pizza in Vietnam, but this last one (March '14) was not up to my New Jersey standards. I understand this company has now expanded into Cambodia - guess that's the reason for their neglect of the old standby.

From now on, my suggestion for pizza in SE Asia is Scandinavian Bakery's 2 locations in Laos (LP and Vientiane).

2  Thank JD-the-expat