“They used to be better”

Luna d'Autunno
Ranked #1,499 of 2,257 Restaurants in Hanoi
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Luna d'Autunno continues to honor our founder's vision with every meal we serve. Our signature is Traditional Italian recipes whose elegance and simplicity showcases the unbeatable flavors of our ingredients. Our new location, opened in 2014, offers a choice of seating including indoor and outdoor tables to meet your fine dining needs.
“They used to be better”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

I prefer the old Luna; in terms of the location; the atmosphere and the service. The food is not attractive enough for me to come back there frequently; even though I am addicted to Italian food

Visited December 2013
3 Thank Thu Giang T

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Bangkok, Thailand
“Poor..”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Just recently dined at this once great restaurant. Since then this restaurant has changed dramaticall to say the least. The prices are expensive but the service and the quality of the food as since been downgraded. I am not quite sure what happen to this fine establisment. Maybe, new management is the reason. I don't recognized any of the faces of the staff from last time. I ordered the traditional spagetti pasta with matricia sauce and pancetta. I got vietnamese bacon as oppose to Italian pancetta. The bread served was cold and stale maybe cooked 2 days ago. This once premier restaurant is on its way down. I recommend other Italian restaurants in Hanoi. Staff was friendly spoke good English and was somewhat attentive. Service wasn't too bad--ambiance was great. Prices were extremely high for this venue even though they advertised authenic Italian food. I spent about $40 usd or 800,000 Vietnam Dong for soup, salad, beer, and pasta entree.

• Visited May 2014
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Unfortunately getting worse”
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

I used to be a regular of this place when I was living in Hanoi back in 2009 at the other locations.

I went yesterday and everything has changed. Food is not as good, service is not as good, and the owners who used to be there and control are not visible anymore. The result is an average product that is obviously running down. I'm sure there's better options for pizza in Hanoi.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank eddiecreagh
Hanoi, Vietnam
“Passable pizza”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

I've been to Luna several times in the last 2 locations, and it's product is on the decline, as far as I'm concerned. In the past, I thought Luna had the best pizza in Vietnam, but this last one (March '14) was not up to my New Jersey standards. I understand this company has now expanded into Cambodia - guess that's the reason for their neglect of the old standby.

From now on, my suggestion for pizza in SE Asia is Scandinavian Bakery's 2 locations in Laos (LP and Vientiane).

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank JD-the-expat
Jackson, Wyoming
“Better than expected pizza”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

I own a pizzeria so I'm a bit reluctant to eat pizza anywhere unless I hear it's going to be very good, and the pizza in Vietnam has been less than spectacular, to say the least. This place was recommended, and they have a wood-fired oven, so we figured we'd give it a try. We were not disappointed. The pizzas were very good, though I could tell by the bottom of the crust that it could have been hotter. Pastas and salads were also very good. We were the only ones there (it was off-season and the weather wasn't great) but service, like so many places staffed by young Vietnamese, was less than stellar. It's the one aspect so many places could benefit from.

• Visited November 2013