Golden Rice Hotel Hanoi
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
  • Room Service
View Hotel
All reviewshang trongold quarterhoan kiem lakehuge balconygreat hotelpremium roombreakfast roomminute walk to the lakeexcellent locationcomfortable bedshotel is locatedwithin easy walking distancebusy citystayed one nightper nighthalong bayfour nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Stayed Christmas night. Very clean hotel with pleasant staff. Surprisingly quiet for being in such a bustling part of town. Hotel is right in the thick of shopping district. Room has all the basic amenities, wi fi, cable TV, coffee maker, hair dryer, etc. Breakfast was fine. Good value for 63USD per night.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank GOfifer
Golden Rice H, General Manager at Golden Rice Hotel Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2012

Dear Guest,

I very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Golden Rice Hotel Hanoi. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I will share your comments with my team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you again for sharing your truth experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Yours Sincerely,
Mr. Ben

Reviewed November 21, 2012

Stayed 3 nights in Nov 2012. Lovely hotel, friendly staff, good breakfast, large rooms, excellent price. Walking distance to historic areas and night market. Remarkably quiet rooms in such a busy city. Will stay again.

Room Tip: All seem quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Leppy62
Huyen T, General Manager at Golden Rice Hotel Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Dear our distinguished,

It was a pleasure welcoming you at Golden Rice Boutique Hotel in Hanoi. I thank you for your kind feedback and your special mention of our room quality & price.

We are also delighted that you enjoy the heart of Hanoi capital and thank you for sharing this to other TripAdvisor surfers.

We are looking forward to your next visit.

Yours sincerely,

Management Team

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Stayed at this Great Little Hotel on my First Trip to Vietnam(my first trip overseas in 20 years).
Everybody was Great from when we arrived until the day I lefted.We got a upgrade to Room 909 Top Floor as we arrived late at night after a tour of Da Nang , Hue , Hoi an and our booking was not found , no problem here as the Guys at night where Great.Booked in and Bags taken to Room without a problem.
The Room was big and at the rear of the Hotel , no noise and a great view out the window, bathroom was Excellant and all very clean , could not have asked for any better and the bed Fantastic , the best night sleep I have had in a long time.
Breakfast was very good , Eggs ,Bacon , Fruit , Coffee , Tea , just ask the staff and I am sure they we get it for you.
Location excellent , out the Front Door , turn right and first left will take you down to the Lake , from there you are ready to explore the Old Quarter of Hanoi or just get a ice cream and People watch or Turn Left then Left and Left again for the best Pho in Hanoi at Pho 10.
The Staff at the Hotel from David(General Manager) the Lovely Girls on the Front Desk to the Bellboys and Restaurant Staff and The Ladies that Clean the Rooms where all Fantastic and I thank them all for a Great Stay at the Golden Rice.
I look forward to returning to this Hotel on my next Trip to Vietnam , which I hope will be very soon.
Stayed here from 1st October to 7th October 2012
Kind Regards to all at the Golden Rice
Phillip ( Room 909 )

Room Tip: Try to get a Room at the Rear of the Hotel and if you can get a room with a window ever better.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RustyPerth_Australia
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Hotel is located in the old quarter and 10 minutes walking distance to historic areas like the lake, water puppetry theatre and night market. Hotel décor has a oriental feel and the spacious room has modern bathroom. Free wireless WI-FI throughout the hotel and inside the room too. Buffet breakfast is good and all the staff are friendly and courteous. Will certainly stay in this hotel again and highly recommended to any travellers.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Herbert8180
Reviewed October 11, 2012

The Golden Rice turned out to be a great choice. Starting with the private pick-up at Hanoi airport for $20 (saving a lot of hassle), the rooms are large and well furnished, great bathrooms, free wifi or cable in the room and a large buffet breakfast included. The hotel was recently refurbished and has new management and there is clearly a big push with the new staff to offer great service. Everyone was very helpful.

Finally, the location is excellent. You are just minutes walk from Hoan Kiem lake and St Joseph Cathedral ....so right near a bunch of restaurants and the shops of the old town.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a window. I was on the 7th floor at the back (room 709) and think this was good choice as you are away from the street noise and could open the windows for some fresh air
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business