“Incredible service, hotel rooms for hostel price”

Little Hanoi Hostel 2
Ranked #18 of 406 Specialty Lodging in Hanoi
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I picked this hostel because of the great reviews and was not disappointed. The Little Hanoi Hostel 2 is smack in the heart of Hanoi, by the lake (note that there are two locations, Hostel 1 is also well situated, in the old quarter). The rooms are hotel rooms, but for the price of a hostel bed. The staff is simply incredible. They helped me immensely when my trip to Halong bay was cancelled, found me another tour and changed my train ticket. They also let me come back twice, between tours, after I checked out, to have a shower, let me leave my luggage with them and even gave me a second complimentary breakfast. Their words were; as long as you are in Vietnam, this is your home. Service can not get much better than this!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
6  Thank MelkorkaOlafs
There are newer reviews for Little Hanoi Hostel 2

Reviewed June 24, 2013

After staying at Little Hanoi Hostel 2 on our trip through SE Asia 3 years ago, my husband and I had incredibly fond memories of our stay and knew we must stay there again this trip. We were not disappointed, the staff go out of their way to make you feel welcome and at home. The location is excellent, right by the lake and super close to the old quarter.

The rooms are clean and well kept. The only slight downside was there isn't a lift, so if your on the 5th floor it's a bit of a hike, but the staff made sure to carry my suitcase up for me.

We also booked our Halong Bay trip through the Hostel, which I would recommend doing, they took the time to explain the different options available, and I loved how they were in no way pushy or trying to upsell.

If you are arriving by plane it's well worth organising the Hotel pickup, it works out cheaper than taking a taxi, and your guaranteed to not get ripped off.

This really is a little gem, and well deserves the great reputation it's earned.

• Stayed: May 2013
6  Thank TheBaxtersTravels
Reviewed June 23, 2013

This is a cheap & basic hotel but it is excellent. At £15 per room incl a nice breakfast it's incredible value. Location by the Hoan Liem lake is very handy for the old quarter & various attractions. The staff are friendly & very helpful with advice, arranging trips etc. if you stay for 2 or more nights, you get a free taxi to & from the airport. The rooms were always kept very clean, were of reasonable size and well equipped. Tip: go for a lower floor if you can as there's no lift, though the staff will help with bags.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Chris W
Reviewed June 23, 2013

The service in this place is amazing, we paid around £14 a night for 4 nights which is a little more than a couple of other guest houses and hostels in the area but then you think about it:

£10 saved on free airport pick up
£2 a day saved for breakfast for 2
£2 a day saved on coffee and fruit

It brings the room cost down to £7.50 a night.
On top of that they let us store our bags there during our SaPa and Halong Bay trips (we did SaPa independently), they had a Vietnamese food night one night for all guests for free (I eat heaps and there was still loads left), they gave us breakfast when we arrived early in the morning even though we didn't stay that night and they lent us a room in between trips to change and shower etc.
The location is excellent, right by the Hoam Kien Lake. We walked to all the attractions around the city center. The place is clean and tidy, the rooms are fantastic, they had the first bath we'd seen since we left home (albeit it was like a 3/4 bath), The beds are so comfy, the air con works great, loads of TV channels.... and probably heaps more good points I've missed.

Yeah they are a little bit insistent on trips but that is their treat money, if you're not interested then just tell them that and they'll drop the subject.

Yes you can get trips cheaper elsewhere but then that's the same for every hostel or tour agent (It's called commission) so I don't see why people have brought that up.

All in all I don't think they could of treated us better, I'd highly recommend the place to everyone and definitely stay here again if I return to Hanoi. That in itself says it all.

Room Tip: The higher the quieter
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Ryan D
Reviewed June 19, 2013

For photos and full review visit: http://travelexpectations.wordpress.com/2013/03/01/little-hanoi-hostel-2-hanoi-vietnam

Overall: 5
Lived up to expectations? Exceeded expectations.

5: Value for money
3.5: Rooms / Atmosphere (including Sleep Quality)
4: Cleanliness
5: Service
5: Location

$ 25/ 525,000 VND: cost per night per room
4.5: tripadvisor rating at time of visit
February 2013: date of visit

Deluxe double (Double bed, AC, fan, private hot shower/toilet, bath, toiletries included, TV, bar fridge, lamps, bed side table, cupboard with draws and coat hangers, vanity draw set with mirror, desk, window, free airport pickup, free fruit tea and coffee at all times). Wifi in room. Set breakfast included - atleast 6 options to choose from.
Room spacious, lots of stairs. Very clean. Daily turn down service.

Staff friendly, open late hours and able to help with travel arrangements.
Great location near the lake in the Old Quater and near many restaurants.

Little Hanoi Hostel 2
32, Le Thai To, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi (by HoanKiem Lake)
0084 438284461
booking@littlehanoihostel.vn
www.littlehanoihostel.com

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank whitegreycat100
Reviewed June 14, 2013

This hostel is situated near the lake on the east side of Ha Noi. It is really close to shopping and many sights. 2km walk/ride to HCM Mausoleum complex and the long street of government complexes.

It is really clean and the staff is super helpful. It doesn't seem to have the most social situation going on in the first floor which can be good or bad depending on what you want.

More importantly, its a great value for the money.

Room Tip: Any room as far as I can tell.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank DmitriA-VT
Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here two nights and also did an overnight cruise in Ha Long Bay which was organized by the hotel. The service here is truly wonderful, we scheduled airport pick up and drop off, they had a great little breakfast, and you can do several different tours with them. Can't believe the value!

• Stayed: June 2013