“Friendly, location, value, desk staff”

Little Hanoi Hostel 2
Ranked #20 of 455 Specialty Lodging in Hanoi
Reviewed November 19, 2012

i and my wife stayed in LITTLE HAOI 2 HOSTEL and enjoyed it. 2 min walk from lake, 10 min from shopping and food street, friendly staff specially young guy at night shift known as RIVER is very cooperative and solution to almost every thing. no elevators, get lower floor rooms for 40+

Room Tip: best weather, affordable town, tour to HALONG BAY and CATBA ISLAND are worth and cost between $ 55 a...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank omar k

Reviewed November 18, 2012

We stayed with Chin and his staff as part of a group of 6 in late Sept -early Oct. We were very well treated. place was clean, staff super friendly, lots of fruit coffee etc avaliable all the time. Chin arranged all our tours and seemed to know our travel needs better than we did! Arranged airport travel, trains, homestays - everything. He is the man to know in Hanoi and surrounds!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

It was $25 a night including breakfast here for a private room which is the most myself and my boyfriend had paid for a room in Vietnam. However the hotel staff more than make up for the price.
On our first day arriving we got there early in the morning. They offered us breakfast and said it was free of charge as we were staying with them. They also got our room ready as soon as possible for us.
There are a lady and man behind reception doing alternate shifts. They are both super friendly!! Some of, if not the nicest Vietnamese people we met. They get to know you by name, say hello all the time, check if you need help with anything around the city, any tours, travel etc. They also let me use their personal laptop behind reception to print something out free of charge.
There is always fresh fruit, tea and coffee available all day free of charge to people staying there.
We then went on 2 tours, both 3 days and the hotel happily let us leave our main backpacks there at the hotel for all of that week while we were away. They are left down by reception and are completely safe and watched over the whole time.
When we arrived back from our tours we got to the hotel at 5am. The guy was asleep and we felt bad waking him up but he was still really cheery. We were expecting to nap downstairs until a bit later when we could check in but he let us have the room straight away free of charge. Most places would charge you for that saying it counts as a nights accommodation so we thought that was really nice of them to do that for us.
I would highly recommend this hotel to stay, good location and exceptional staff! We didn't book in advancedm but if you want to stay here I'd recommend booking ahead as we saw many people during our stay coming to ask for accommodation and they were full.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank 1hel2dan3ig4hosk
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Having backpacked for over 4 months, I have stayed at dozens of hostels. Little Hanoi 2 easily ranks on my top 3 list. I stayed here on two occasions: the first time because it came highly recommended and the second time because it already felt like home. The staff is incredibly considerate and caring. The first time I arrived way too early to check in but they offered me free breakfast and coffee anyway and even gave me the chance to shower after a long train ride. I stayed in the dorm and the room was very clean and very comfortable and quiet. They were very helpful In organizing tours and I never felt like they were taking advantage of their guests.

5 stars!!!

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Taranis83
Reviewed November 12, 2012

This hostel was by far the friendliest place we stayed in whilst in Vietnam. We were made to feel like family as soon as we arrived and the staff were very helpful in sorting out our lives for the 10days we were in Hanoi.
Loved the fresh fruit that was available all day for us to eat and the tea and coffee too!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We stayed in Little hanoi Hostel (1) on Hang Ga st when we 1st arrived in Hanoi just this month...they were super...free breakfast (proper eggs and bacon) free computers and wifi to use, room was spacious and clean, central location. Tony and Anna deserve special mention at reception they were great for asking advice and giving recommendations. They organised our trip to Halong Bay and we left our big bags there until we got back. When we got back they had organised a birthday cake for me as I mentioned it was my birthday. Super nice. But on that night there was no room at the inn so they paid for a taxi to bring us to the sister hotel Tu Linh Palace 2. This was also great central location on Ma May st and free breakfast and computer access. Chin the manager organised another great trip for us to Sapa and again we were able to leave our big bags behind for this short trip. He also gave us some good advice about travel options in Vietnam. I would recommend staying at any of these properties in Hanoi.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank nancy_n_karl
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Good Points
Great location - in a lane by the lake means that you are not hassled every time you step out the front door as in the old quarter. The area is nicer and quiet, but only five minutes walk from the old quarter. You are also walking distanceto the train station and just around the corner fron the Vienam Airlines minibus stop.
Rooms - The room was lovely and very clean. Good water pressure and decent bathroom
Free airport pickup - always a bonus

Not so good points
Staff - Well Chin the manager is very friendly and efficient and will help you with info on Sapa and Halong Bay. The hostel is part of a large tourism business that also runs tours in Halong Bay so he has lots of info to show.
The female staff are a bit extreme in their "friendliness". When I checked in I was asked how many days I was staying. When I replied four, one of them jumped up and down squealed and clapped her hands saying "We are going to be best friends"..... Um really???

Hotel Safe - I asked to put something in the safe. It was located behind reception. The following day I noticed the door of the safe open. I asked my new best friend if the door is normally open and she said yes. I asked her to close it. Later that evening I arrived back at the hostel and noticed the door open again. There was no-one behind reception. Not much of a safe. I asked for my belongings back and will say that nothing was missing.

Breakfast - provided as part of your room charge. However the only time I was sick in the whole 7 weeks was from breakfast one morning. In comparing travels with a couple I met a few weeks later they also were very sick from the food in this hostel. Dont have the beef soup!!!

Room payments - All rooms quoted in USD which is normal for tourist areas in Vietnam, however I always paid in Dong. The conversion rate used by this hostel was 10% higher than any other conversion used by other hotels on my 7 week trip. This gives you a bad feeling that you are being taken advantage of.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo