“My pleasant stay in Hanoi”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hanoi
Thai Son Grand Hotel
Ranked #431 of 607 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I spent eleven days in Thaison Grand Hotel for the third year in January 2014. My stay there was nothing but pleasant. They obliged me with the room of my choice. I stayed in the same beautiful room, with windows overlooking the street below, in which I spent ten days in January 2013. The staffs are pleasant and obliging. All my one day trips were organised by their manager Ms.Lisa and the tours were great. The other two gentlemen working in the hotel were also very helpful and kind. There is nothing bad to say about this hotel. That is the reason I decided to stay in this hotel for the third time. The food in the morning was reasonably good and the guests could order some items not on the table. In my opinion this hotel is good value for the price we pay for the room because the location is good and the rooms are clean.tidy and airy. The rooms with windows are better.

Room Tip: Rooms on the road side with windows are better even if they are bit noisy.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank sanmugasundaran s

Reviewed January 22, 2014

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights just after New Year, its in an excellent location and an ideal base to see all of what Hanoi has to offer. The breakfast was amazing, the rooms were immaculate, and the staff couldnt do enough for us. They booked excursions & offered to book onwards travel for us (even though wed already done this) but again they went over & above what we expected, loaning us a travel adaptor, and even going to a chemist to fetch me medication when I felt poorly. I would most definetly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 16, 2014

My first time in Vietnam and this hotel basically ruined my whole trip and gave me the worst impression about this country. This hotel basically tried whatever way to get our money and they were lying all the time.

We made the reservation for two nights. My mom and I arrived late the first night to the hotel, and they didn't keep the room for us. They told us since the kid got sick so no room for us (wait, any relationship between these two?). They tried to put us to the terrible hotel next to them which doesn't even have elevator and they wanted us to walk all the way to sixth floor. My mom can't walk so I asked them to provide us the better solution. They sent us to another hotel. In the morning of the second day, they forced us to check out from another hotel and tried to move back and check in in their hotel. We basically lost the whole morning by dealing with this. I told them that I don't want to stay in their hotel the second day and they promise that they would give the money back to me. Until now, two weeks later, they never picked up my phone and I still didn't get my money back......

I was complaining about the first night experience to the staff. The hotel manager Tom told me that he wanted to do some favor to me. He told me that he can plan our trip for us and gave us like 50% off. Wow he is such a scammer...He sent us to very poor hotel and took very poor train (that he promised it will be 5 stars and VIP room) to Sapa . I asked for personal Chinese tour guide and she didn't even show up the first day and she told me that they didn’t even ask her to come….When he planned the trip, I told him my mom can’t walk for long, they still forced us to join all the tours involved several hours hike. Eventually my mom and I didn’t do some of the tours bc they planned it wrong.

For halong bay tour, it is even worse. They sent us to another cheaper cruise but not the one which we booked. I asked them and they said the fancy cruise’s engine is broken….but we all saw that cruise which we originally booked passed by us. For the price of this tour, he told me that he gave me 50% off for this tour but I found out we paid more than most of the passengers on our cruise. I called the manager Tom’s phone number and also the hotel for over ten times, they never picked up my phone number.

I was so sad to share this experience. We lost the money but it is fine…I will let everyone know what our experiences with them so other travelers will be more careful with them in the future.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
6  Thank qqkristy
Reviewed January 16, 2014

First of all it must be said that this hotel was really nice for the money we paid. The rooms were quiet enough, the bed was comfortable, it was in a central location and the staff were super friendly and helpful. The breakfast (which was included) was quite good as well. However the bathrooms are a bit moldy / damp (which also means a funny smell in the room at times) and the rooms in reality don't look as good as they do in the photo's.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Donna O
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights around new year the hotel and staff were in our opinion great.The hotel has a prime location for all you need to see and do in Hanoi.The staff were very helpful Tom sorted our onward tickets and a halong bay trip for friends, the young guy in reception went out to get us a charger and converter to save us the hussle and bustle and allow us to sightsee. The quality ,cleanliness and staff make this hotel very easy for us to recommend thankyou to all the staff.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank simon b
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We are very appreciated for our stay at this hotel. staff really friendly and helpful. You will never see strick face of staff as in 5 * hotel. Hotel Manager is really friendly and funny. They are alway want to help us when we need. We ONLY stay in this hote for 3 nights and 1 night on cruise ( their cruise _ galaxy premium cruise ) . However, we fell sad when we leave. Should ask them to arrange airport transfer service from hotel. it is really good and safe.
Thanks for giving us a happy time in Thaison Grand Hotel. We will be back for next time
LOVE

Room Tip: it is really happy if you stay in room 605
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Rowena B
Reviewed November 28, 2013

We have just stayed in this hotel by chance. Just get off from a cheated taxi from airport to Hanoi old quarter, we were very angry with drive. Before we take this taxi we did ask him about price and we agree to go. However, when we arrived Hanoi he charged us double with price what we discuss before. Ms lisa ( staff at Thaison Grand Hotel ) did help us to deal with this problem .Thanks for ms Lisa , Thanks for giving us a good time in Hanoi and good time in Vietnam. We just booked this hotel for 1 night and book cruise at Halong bay from Hotel.We also use this hotel service for all our trip in Vietnam ! That is a good deal.
We will bring our family and friend to Vietnam next time

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple