“Old Quarter, decent enough, comfy bed, quiet”

Hanoi Century Hotel
Ranked #406 of 597 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed December 10, 2011

This is fairly typical of the price range I think, we paid $20 with a basic breakfast included.
Good points:
our room was quiet, probably because it had no windows, which sounds bad but actually was a good thing, with a comfy bed and nice sheets we slept very well.
wifi was good quality, watched youtube with no hanging
tv was decent
hot water and towel etc
everytime we went out they cleaned it
breakfast buffet,all you can eat, basic but good enough
there is a lift if you need it
location close to centre of old quarter
Bad Points:
they lost some laundry, but that was probably the laundry people, and it was a sheet so easily mixed up with hotel linen, they did give me a replacement
my wife left some jewelery in the bathroom that got "cleaned up"

Overall fine, not spectacular but good enough

Room Tip: Ask to see it and listen for the mopeds
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank schaffer1971
There are newer reviews for Hanoi Century Hotel

Reviewed November 29, 2011

Recommended this hotel by another hotel and price excellent ($18.00 per night). Stairs and bathrooms worn down but clean overall. They were nice to work with although night clerks English minimal. Good location - walking distance to main tour areas as well as shopping. Rooms big and computers for use in lobby but not in room. It was nice for my son to have a tub. Not sure I would recommend but OK to use in a pinch.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 23, 2011

I've been to Hanoi twice during half year, and every time I spent my time at this hotel with pleasure. The first time I've been there, it was called "Amazon Hotel", every staff there is sooo friendly that they helped me with my trip and talked a lot during my stay, feeling like family members. Now it's century hotel, it's better decorated and furnished, but the staff is as welcoming as before! I enjoyed the food there, diversified and delicious, through which you can better understand the local life. Besides, every thing in the room is clean and comfortable. Most important, it has a good location, you can just walk to the famous sites in a few minites. If you have some problems with your trip, don't hesitate to ask the staff, they can speak very well, and give wiser advices!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank tong c
Reviewed August 7, 2011

We stayed in this hotel for two nights whilst we explored Hanoi.
The rooms were clean and the hotel is located in a great location.
The staff went out of their way to help us organise things to see and do around Hanoi and went further to help us organise our onward journey. We were unable to organise a sleeper train to take us fro Hanoi to Hue as they were fully booked so the guy on reception was woken up (he was due to start the night shift) and patiently went through the many different options that were availble to get us to Hue.
In the end we opted for Vietnam Airlines which was around 90GBP...

The trip organised through the hotel to Halong Bay was excellent... The boat was The Eclipse...

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank pman1981
Reviewed June 23, 2011

Used to be "Amazon Hotel" i believe. Rooms were clean and a good size. Booked my tours at a decent price. The one staff member there had good English and we communicated quite a bit. Its fairly close to all the attractions in the Old District. I can't say I met too many people in the lobby, but its an easy walk to the backpackers if you need to socialize.

Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Leemor64
Reviewed May 20, 2011

We were a group of friends traveling together and booked two triple rooms, one of which had a nice balcony overlooking the street. Everything was very clean, the beds were comfortable and the water was hot. For breakfast in the morning there was delicious bread, coffee, made-to-order eggs and beef pho. It's nicely located within walking distance of one of the best pho places in the city at Bat Dan 49, as well as many other places to eat and drink bia hoi!
But most of all the staff was incredibly friendly, welcoming and accommodating. I cannot speak highly enough of their excellent recommendations and how hard they worked to make sure we enjoyed ourselves. They had a great price to book the Ha Long Bay tour and kept our stuff while we went. Everyone here is kind, honest, and very helpful! When i go back i will certainly stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank theonlyegg
Reviewed May 9, 2011

I have stayed here for three days and this place make my jouney easier and feel special when I have served by staff, Tri the guy who's look after this place are amazing, he helping me a lots on any required I have ask, the manager and team are friendly and honest which I feel safe and enjoy, for sure I would return for my next visit to Hanoi

Room Tip: Any room are best due to elevator has provided
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo