“Could do better”

Hanoi Triumphal Hotel
Ranked #377 of 603 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed November 26, 2012

The management and reception speak good English, but most of the other staff English was a problem. As has been stated by an earlier reviews try not to book a city view unless you're happy to be woken up early.

Rooms were large and spacious, breakfast was acceptable. The young lady serving Breakfast was very good.

My wife advises(I never noticed) the shower curtain was mouldy at the bottom, I would guess they don't clean them?

Internet, what can I say but rubbish. Seems to be an ongoing issue from previous reviews, why not sort it out!

Carpet looked like it needed to be replaced and perhaps just polish the floors, would look a lot cleaner than what is currently on the floor

I would probably try to find a better hotel next time.

Room Tip: Don't get a room near the street
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 22, 2012

First time at this hotel and overall I enjoyed it. Booked through Asia Rooms at $30 a night and it was good value. Purposely booked a room with a balcony overlooking the street and knew that I was going to get abit of noise but this didn't bother me greatly. The room was big with kettle and good TV and had everything I needed. Service was really good and included use of Computer in reception. The location is a bit out of the way unless you've been to Hanoi before but I tend to find all of Hanoi interesting so it was no problem to me. The only thing that wasn't quite up to the mark was the breakfast. There was a very limited choice and not much of it either. In spite of this I will definately stay here next time.

Room Tip: Room 501 is great
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Ive stayed in lots of hotels like this in Hanoi. Management are good and speak good English but the other staff although sweet and friendly have almost no English. We made a mistake here and booked a city view deluxe. We should have known better by now! Traffic noise starts around 5am but you can't blame the hotel for that. Wifi in our room was ok if you were in the right part of the room but our friends in the room directly below had almost no Internet most of the time.standards are ok for the price but breakfast could be better. Having said that I've rarely had a good breakfast in Hanoi so I don't have high expectations.
I think you could find better value but with so many hotels in Hanoi researching would take forever. I think this hotel is overall good value. I would recommend and I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a cheaper room that's not at the front
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 28, 2012

-Check out the rooms you have booked at this hotel before you stay in.
We have reserved 2 deluxe rooms with balcony (the biggest room they have) for 2 nights. On our arrival they gave us 2 STANDARD rooms. We complained, they insist the rooms are deluxe rooms, when we showed the confirmation letter of our booking which has the information of the facilities of the room, they gave us 1 deluxe and 1 standard room for the 1st night and 2 deluxe rooms for the second night
-The facilities in the rooms are totally different as you can see on their website
The rooms are dull, no sofa and no sofa's room as they said
The bathroom only shower room with the plastic curtain for the shower
The carpet is not clean and a little bit stinky
once i stayed in the 2nd stars hotel in hanoi, is much better than this hotel, which is they gave us a free shuttle from or to the airport, there is a jacuzy in their bathroom, and free fresh fruit every morning, and plenty of choose for the breakfast, so i can not say this hotel is a 3 star hotel
-The location of the hotel is good, as it is in the middle of shopping area
-The staffs speak poor english, only the manager and 1 lady in the travel desk speak good english
-The internet line does not work

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Really great hotel with excellent service. Located in the heart of Hanoi in a little side street (gives it the true Hanoi ambiance). The staff is extremely helpful, from the day we booked they were very proactive and followed up to ensure everything was arranged for us. They also had the best deals for if you are planning to do Halong Bay, and arranged for storage of our bags while we did Halong. They were very prompt with everything, when we returned from our HaLong Bay trip, our bags were already waiting for us in the room. The service was impeccable, they took initiative with aspects of service that many other hotels would overlook.

The hotel is very quaint, perfect for couples and has really good breakfast. Rooms are well kept and clean. Great bed and washroom. Wifi was fast as well.

Truly one of the best hotels for service and at a very good price.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sarah H
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I was given what I presume to be a superior room and it was nice and spacious. Not the cleanest conditions though as the toilet facilities looked a little aged and the carpet was worn. Nevertheless it was good enough by my standards for a comfortable 2 to 3 nights' stay.

Breakfast was average, nothing to rave about. Not a great variety but enough to get you by for the first day at least. you would probably be seek authentic street food (such as a banh cuon shop nearby) anyway.

The staff provided good information and service, but they were at times a little too pushy with their tours (almost every hotel in Hanoi does that as they have links with agencies)

Location of the hotel was definitely above-average - Great if you somehow like the old quarter very much. but I would have definitely preferred a hotel nearer to the more scenic streets of Hanoi (such as near the opera house) or nearer to pubs/restaurants etc. The surrounding streets at this hotel are a bit too dark and lifeless at night, and I'm already not a night person!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2012

After seen the good reviews here, we booked this hotel as we're on a budget for 3 nights.

Room:
We've stayed at the best room, I supose. Last floor with a balcony.
The smell in corridor and the room was terrible because of the carpet.
The windows don't even close completely
Water leakage in the bathroom.

Breakfast:
Poor, very poor. Everything dirty
Musty bread!!! Which was hardly apologized by the staff. I never saw something like that.

Overall, bad service, worst staff. They are not prepared for foreing tourism in my opinion

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple