“getting what you pay for”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hanoi
Indochina Legend Hotel
Ranked #470 of 599 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed August 15, 2011

Probably not the worst hotel in Hoan Kiem district, but not the best either. staff very friendly. they offered as some drinks while waiting to check-in. Room and toilet were decent - better than many hotels in Paris or London for example. Some scaffolding outside hindered part of the view. There was some noisy reparations around but we didn't stay much in the hotel. For what we pay we couldn't expect much more. So for one night is rather convenient one and centrally located. Better to stay without high expectations.

Room Tip: book online to get good deals, pick-up at the airport set at reasonable price 18 dollars
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank carlosmatt

Reviewed August 9, 2011

I agree with my previous review-writer: This hotel is over-rated. We were a group of 6, staying in 3 different rooms. In short, this hotel is noisy (you can hear every word or step from the corridor and it doesn't help that staff run around very early in the morning), there were window glasses stored all over the hotel (in corridors), used bed linen was left in the stairways, packed brochures stored in the lobby, the towels are old and worn, in one room bed bugs left heir marks on a fellow traveller and the furnishing and fixtures are worn. The WiFi doesn't work but if you are lucky you can pick up the signal from the neighbouring hotel. The friendly tour desk executive tried to sell us a day trip to Ha Long for US$400 initially and lowered it to US$250 after a short while (we got the same package outside for US$206), so beware their tour selling tactics. If you book an airport transfer it costs US$24 from the airport but US$17 from the hotel, for no apparent reason for this difference. Again you can get cheaper quotes outside (which may be not as reliable). Breakfast is on the dull side (coffee from a flask, no croissants). Yes, it is clean, generally speaking, affordable and its location is great. But I would not return to this hotel again.

Room Tip: Rooms 305-705: You can logg-on to the neighbouring hotel's WiFi
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank Dr_Simon_Singapore
Reviewed July 25, 2011

Our last stop on our trip also brought us to the last of 5 hotels.

The indochina legend does everything in their power to make you feel welcome right from the get-go.

for a small establishment they have ALOT of people on duty. everyone is smiling and cheery and they just try harder.

my room though had a annoying varnish/paint smell to it probably due to some minor maintenance work. flat screen television was a bonus, so were the bottles of LaVie mineral water that they replenished EVERY day. toilets are adequate with bathtub.

breakfast was decent, egg station, quite a fair bit of variety with both local and western items. nice view of hoan kiem lake in the distance too.

location wise, its perfectly sited in the old quarter and is on a street with a name foreigners can pronounce (Lo Su). two steps away from Hoan Kiem lake and 3 steps away from everything else.

the establishment looks decidely three to three and a half stars, but the service and location are first class.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank kyleslie
Reviewed June 20, 2011

we come to Hanoi for 4day for traveling ,the hotel near the lake,church,restaurants.....customer service excellent, friendly, my room seemed to be upgraded into another kind of room compared with kind of room i booked. my room two king size beds,nice balcony , breakfast very good. I will return to this hotel whenever i have chance to arrive in Vietnam on my traveling.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank saracatharina
Reviewed May 29, 2011

Just be back from my asian tour, what a new feeling of the world. Vietnamese, in common, is friendly. I took 2 week to travel from the South to the North. What impressed on me were the Old Quarter in Hanoi, the Halong bay, the wild Sapa and the peace in Hue and Hoi An.
I had stayed 3 nights at Indochina Legend Hotel whilst visiting Hanoi. Took a lot of pictures and visit a number of handycraft villages. Although the fact is that I have read over and over all about Vietnamese culture, but what I have witness with my eyes are much more interesting.

About the time staying in the hotel, that was a very good one in Old Quarter (I think) to stay. From the staff to the hotel manager, they always tried to be sure if you're the most personalized and comfortable. The room was always clean and refreshed. Fruite & soft drink for free everyday - this was a very nice touch. And if you need to access your mail or internet, just require it with your booking, they will prepare a laptop for you (I got one after checkin). I had my tours in the North arranged by the Tour department of the hotel. They seemed to be very knowledged and offered me a very good price.

This must be my first stop if I'm back to Vietnam someday. Recommended!

• Stayed: March 2011
8  Thank karenkinghome
Reviewed May 7, 2011

From the minute we walked through the doors until we left we had such a wonderful experience at Indochina Legend hotel. We were greeted by a friendly front desk person who handled our reservation efficiently. My room, 308 was big, clean, comfortable, and very high tech and we had a good night sleep on the comfortable beds and soft pillows. Breakfast was as a pleasant surprise with them offering hot items. It is in an excellent location - located right in the heart of the Old Quarter where all the action is happening. But the one true stand-out of this hotel is the excellent staff. Ms Dinh Lien is a caring wonderful person who greeted us everyday with a smile & did everything she could possibly do to make our stay as close to being "home" as possible. The manager, Mr Tim, does a great job of running this hotel and his extensive experience in the hotel industry really shows in every aspect of this property. He along with the rest of the front desk staff and the housekeeping staff are reason enough to stay here. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone looking for a place to stay in Hanoi on a budget.

• Stayed: April 2011
4  Thank ridansuca
Reviewed May 6, 2011

We would like to thank you very much for your wonderful stay – Indochina Legend hotel.My husband and I went to Vietnam for our honeymoon for 2 weeks at the start of March. We booked into Indochina Legend hotel with a good idea of what we wanted to do on our trip but not knowing how we could fit it all in. We arrived with lots of worries as first time to Vietnam. But when we arrived in NoiBai airport, we had our names on the sign. The driver took us to the hotel where a little bellboy welcomed us and took our luggage to the reception. The beautiful, perfect English, French speaking receptionists gently invited us some coffee, then we checked in. The rooms look a bit small but everything inside was amazing & comfortable; the windows are huge with view to the city and to the lake. They provided us a free laptop for 4 days we stayed there and kept the wifi connection the whole day. Breakfast was amazing, too. Especially, Sales Department Staff, they asked us to help them improving their English and taught us some Vietnamese. They organized fantastic trips to Halong Bay, Sapa , Hoa Lu – Tam Coc and Hoi An for us, including night trains, transfers and an internal flight to help us pack a lot in without feeling like we were rushing it. We have loved being here and your hospitality was brilliant all staff were always friendly and helpful at all times.

• Stayed: April 2011