“The Gecko on Hang Manh should be hung!”
Review of Gecko

Gecko
Ranked #170 of 2,258 Restaurants in Hanoi
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Hamilton, Bermuda
“The Gecko on Hang Manh should be hung!”
Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

A friend of mine and I ate here hoping for a bit of western food.....I ordered pancakes and friend eggs and bacon....and got four plain folded crepes with jam on the side and an oily omelet with ham in it. My friends fruits salad with honey and coconut cream was a cup of oranges and banana's with a spoonful of yogurt on top. The staff were rude and not helpful, and still charged us the full price even though I explained (calmly) this was not what I ordered! Avoid avoid avoid!

Visited December 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Brisbane, Australia
“A great choice!”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

We've been here three times during our trip to Hanoi and would definitely go back. Mostly, I enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere and reasonable prices. The furniture is comfortable, there's a great music selection, and the staff are friendly, but not overbearing.

There's plenty to choose from on the menu too, although I would've liked to see more variety in the vegetarian section (perhaps more types of curry). Then again, for 50.000d-200.000d, it's hard to truly complain about selection. I really liked that I didn't feel pressured to leave after I had finished my meal, as I have felt in other Hanoi restaurants.

Overall, a great choice for Vietnamese or Western dishes, or even just a drink!

“Very bad”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

We spent three months in Hanoi, our dinner at this restaurant was the second worst dinner experience we had during that time. Our server was rambling incomprehensibly about current special offers and completely ignored us (or just didn't understand) when we asked if we could have a minute to look at the menu, he kept on rambling until we placed our orders.
During our meal a server was standing two meters away watching us intensely, at all times. The food was not very good either.

Forster, Australia
“Great Food”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

My wife and I discovered this restaurant near our Hotel and found it as a quiet break from the hussle and bussle on the street. Tried the Pizzas which were great. Prices were very reasonable and the staff very helpful. We returned twice more and ate a mixture of Asian & Western Food and Beers.

• Visited October 2013
mauritius
“gem of a find”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

hotel recommended it, had a great time..local dishes great, pasta pizza ,listen its good but this is hanoi..go local,took young family and made to feel very welcome..
try it