“Worth a visit but not for the food”
Review of Arriba! Mexican Restaurant - CLOSED

Arriba! Mexican Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Phone: 0473000206
Description: Phone: 0473000206
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worth a visit but not for the food”
Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

I had a hankering for Mexican food and when I saw the sign thought I would give it a go. It is up some dingy alley and when I opened the door I thought I had the wrong place. There is nothing Mexican in the design of this place. I had nachos and my husband had a burrito and neither were good. That said if you want to visit a funky bar for a drink / shisha then give it a go. Within an hour it was packed and a selection of singers took to the stage. Other than the food I really enjoyed it.

• Visited July 2013

Sendai, Japan
“Just okay”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

The food is just okay and so are the prices. If you are an expat who has been missing Mexican food for a long time (like us), this might satisfy you. The sangria by the pitcher was pretty good, as was the goat cheese quesadilla. The burrito was completely lacking in flavor. The enchiladas were okay, but not great. The inside of the restaurant is hot and unappealing. We sat at tables on the sidewalk, which was cooler than inside at night.

• Visited August 2012
Hong Kong, China
“Good but.”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

First the good things: Nice staff with reasonable english, the location is very nice to see locals and tourists wondering around the street.

But: the food even if not bad is ridiculously overpriced for Hanoi! I felt like falling straight in a tourist trap! The portions are very small and the food was really greasy!

The staff is very nice as is the place but the first mission of a restaurant is to nourish people and therefore I cannot put a good mark as my stomach was not really happy with this place and my wallet felt lonely after all its money friends seemed to fly away.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank joe p
Nha Trang, Vietnam
“Ain't no mexican food”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Just went in for a quick lunch with a hankering for a taco. Ordered two tacos and a side of refried beans and a soda. Cost over $6. Taco shells were unrecognizable as such. Could not make out what kind of meat it was and was a very small quantity. Next time I will eat across the street.

Visited July 2012
Manila
“Could be better”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Nice change from the usual Hanoi menu, however been in California recently my taste of Mexican food is high. This restaurant does not meet expectations, the food was bland and they serve small portions. Maybe I'll skip this next time.

• Visited July 2012